test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I just failed an Admiralty mission a few minutes ago in which I had 100% chances of success.

I just failed an Admiralty mission a few minutes ago in which I had 100% chances of success. I'm used on failing 98%+ mission, it happenned all the time and that's why I slowed down on running those, but now, failing a 100% mission? It confirms what I've been saying for a while, Admiralty dice rolls are bugged.

admiralty-failure.jpg

Note: I'm not interrested in useless comments like: "Have you tried to reboot your PC?" "Have you tried a clean uninstall?", "Have you tried logging off and logging back in?"

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    If I'm reading that right, you needed +10 Sci, you only have +5 to obtain the event.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The +10 Sci is automatically added to the Sci total due to the event, that's what the little red symbol on the left side of the number means. The white numbers in the left column mean that the OP had everything covered, otherwise they would be grey.

I'm kind of glad that I put my Admiralty on hold to concentrate on earning Favors for the duration of the event, because this would have me livid.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    anodynes wrote: »
    I'm kind of glad that I put my Admiralty on hold to concentrate on earning Favors for the duration of the event, because this would have me livid.

First time I failed three 98% missions in a row, I screamed "foul words". As there a chance out of 125k to achieve this, I assumed I was epic unlucky. However, I started keeping mental notes on whenever I failed 95%+ missions, and I ended up being so pissed that I just gave up on admiralty, even though I was earning about 1M to 1.5M EC and 2k to 5k dill ore daily through it. I paid quite a lot of dill, Z and Phoenix pack tokens to have a respectable Admiralty fleet on several toons. However, as they all ran out or are running out of dill ore, I have to resume cussing...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There was a patch a few weeks ago that was supposed to stop the failure of 100% Assignments. I don't trust anything even 95% to 99% and strive for the 100%. I have not had a failure in years.

Have you tried reinstalling Windows? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    There was a patch a few weeks ago that was supposed to stop the failure of 100% Assignments. I don't trust anything even 95% to 99% and strive for the 100%. I have not had a failure in years.
    Well, I have a 50 to 55 ships rosters for 10 toons or so, including about 10 (x1) that keep changing. I try to get 100% but for the last 2 or so, or for the hopelessly mismatched ones, I try to poll "something". And for the ones that aren't worth the trouble, I send a lone Runabout, unless it's several hours long, which I use a token.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Have you tried reinstalling Windows? ;)
    Let's say I'm used to peer support for MMO's and computer games in general. I'm so sick of not-so-wise kids spamming support threads with such useless suggestions, which typically only make the problem worse.
  • Options
    Something relevant happenned today. I failed three 98%+ assignments. 98% means you're supposed to fail one in every 50 attempts, not basically once every 5 to 10 attempts at 98%+ percents.
  • Options
    I failed yet another today. And since my previous post I ran about 10 missions that were not 100%.
  • Options
    Failed another 98% yet again. And I only ran 3 of those since my previous post. This clearly shows that Admiralty's dice rolls are bugged.
    failed99.jpg
  • Options
    rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    That's the stupidest thing i've seen. Failing a 100% chance that should be successful. They need to fix this system because the chances of success should weigh high in favor 90% or more and hardly fail when below 10%. I don't know what the hell kind of system is set up with this, but it's clearly bugged.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    That's the stupidest thing i've seen. Failing a 100% chance that should be successful. They need to fix this system because the chances of success should weigh high in favor 90% or more and hardly fail when below 10%. I don't know what the hell kind of system is set up with this, but it's clearly bugged.
    That's exactly my feeling. And I also don't mind failing a 98% once on a while, but ATM I fail approximately 25 to 30% of my 98% missions. That's WAYYYY off as I should only be failing 2% of those if the dice rolls were working correctly.
    Post edited by lexers615#4253 on
  • Options
    theeris6#8112 theeris6 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @lexers615#4253 said:
    > (Quote)
    > That's exactly my feeling. And I also don't mind failing a 98% once on a while, but ATM I fail approximately 25 to 30% of my 98% missions. That's WAYYYY off as I should only be failing 2% of those if the dice rolls were working correctly.

Has this ended for you? I’m on PS4, but since I can’t get any support ANYwhere in this, I’m here. Please go to my twitter page, @Theeris66 page (media tab) for all my pics of 100% fails. Console users have no way(other than these forums, supposedly) to report game bugs. As such, this has been utterly ignored by devs for me. I’m so flummoxed over this issue at this point, idk what to do short of quit playing. I’ve just sunk too many resources (both time and money) to just walk away. Plus, we’ll... it’s the only version of playable Trek I have access to currently, so.. I’m a Trekker caught in a Ferengi game trap. 😆🖖🏼
  • Options
    > @lexers615#4253 said:
    > (Quote)
    > That's exactly my feeling. And I also don't mind failing a 98% once on a while, but ATM I fail approximately 25 to 30% of my 98% missions. That's WAYYYY off as I should only be failing 2% of those if the dice rolls were working correctly.

Has this ended for you? I’m on PS4, but since I can’t get any support ANYwhere in this, I’m here. Please go to my twitter page, @Theeris66 page (media tab) for all my pics of 100% fails. Console users have no way(other than these forums, supposedly) to report game bugs. As such, this has been utterly ignored by devs for me. I’m so flummoxed over this issue at this point, idk what to do short of quit playing. I’ve just sunk too many resources (both time and money) to just walk away. Plus, we’ll... it’s the only version of playable Trek I have access to currently, so.. I’m a Trekker caught in a Ferengi game trap. 😆🖖🏼

I haven't used much of the Admiralty as varsity is chewing away much my time and I put whatever's I can in the current event, which, by the way, takes 2 to 3 times longer that FTFO events which by the way were significantly longer than previous release event.

I can't tell for sure if it's fixed or not but my gutz tell me it's not.
  • Options
    axenomeaxenome Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Failed a 100% mission today.
    https://imgur.com/a/plnvhu2
    Not awesome. Cakewalk mission that somehow failed. Request that Cryptic either post the ACTUAL percentage failure rates or fix the dice roller; the critical success chance is NOT supposed to calculate your chances of normal success/fail.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    This bug is still happening. In fact I also have one that is 100% Chances of Success but yet failed on my main Federation character Pearl Bailey@sthe91. This happened last night and the mission belonged to the Federation Admiralty Campaign. I am not going to acknowledge the report until the bug can be replicated on Cryptic's end. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    failed100.jpg

It just happened again.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    @darkbladejk Necro
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    My mistake.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    [Edited out]
    Post edited by lexers615#4253 on
  • Options
    My mistake, I thought they were Frigate Pets.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    bug reports don't fall under the necro rule as it makes it easier to track bugs. from time to time new threads may be required but that will vary based on individual cases
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    bug reports don't fall under the necro rule as it makes it easier to track bugs. from time to time new threads may be required but that will vary based on individual cases

Wicked. Thanks for clarity. :D
  • Options
    I didn't see anything in the recent and lenghtly post on today's update. I assume it wasn't addressed.
  • Options
    furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I didn't see anything in the recent and lenghtly post on today's update. I assume it wasn't addressed.

It wasn't.

This just happened to me a few minutes ago.

f9Sjo5d.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    My guess would be that it's a rounding error. The chances are probably 99.5x% for success, and that is displayed as 100%. But you are actually extremely unlucky, hitting the .49% chance of failure.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    Shouldn't be based on the end numbers. Should be straight up 100%, if Cryptic change to prevent this is to be believed. The pictures shown in this Thread all have single or small ships that provide +s. I suspect that there may be a problem with how it applies those +s. That is, if that ship made the Success numbers on its base values before adding any bonuses, the result would not have been a Failure.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > Shouldn't be based on the end numbers. Should be straight up 100%, if Cryptic change to prevent this is to be believed. The pictures shown in this Thread all have single or small ships that provide +s. I suspect that there may be a problem with how it applies those +s. That is, if that ship made the Success numbers on its base values before adding any bonuses, the result would not have been a Failure.

Take a look at the one I posted. The base stats on the mirror Vo’quv were enough for 100% even without the +s.

> @angrytarg said:
    > My guess would be that it's a rounding error. The chances are probably 99.5x% for success, and that is displayed as 100%. But you are actually extremely unlucky, hitting the .49% chance of failure.​​

If we were talking about the crit chance, I might agree with you. But the chance for success seems to go in a very linear fashion from 0 to 100 based on how well you’re meeting each requirement. So far exceeding each of them should be resulting in a >100% chance of success.
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    It used to be called "Cryptic Math." Numbers often don't mean what they should in these games. What does "+1" or "+15" mean related to damage or defense? Is it percentage, points, some other ratio? Is it Cat 1 damage or Cat 2 damage? There are a lot of things that don't add up, people have back-engineered *most* of the math but most users can't keep track of it.

DOFF missions have been notorious for this kind of thing.
  • Options
    maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I also failed a 100% success chance Admiralty mIssion and it was one of the Tour of Duty missions on top of it and on my new character.