What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mycelial lighnting change, not proccing propperly anymore

feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
edited July 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi,

problems with the 3 piece set from the discovery reputation now with faw:
  • it seems to just proc for the first group of enemies you attack and does not proc anymore after that on that map. it was possible to reproduce it several times.
  • it does damage to yourself

@darkbladejk

Comments

• Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    Hi,

• it seems to just proc for the first group of enemies you attack and does not proc anymore after that on that map. it was possible to reproduce it several times.

@darkbladejk

Known issue, one of the devs was notified this morning (8 hours ago) and seems to have identified whats causing the issue and how the bug seems to be working. No ETA on resolution but he has seemingly narrowed down the cause.

"Source - Reddit STO discord chat discussion
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    felisean wrote: »
    Hi,

@darkbladejk

Known issue, one of the devs was notified this morning (8 hours ago) and seems to have identified whats causing the issue and how the bug seems to be working. No ETA on resolution but he has seemingly narrowed down the cause.

"Source - Reddit STO discord chat discussion

They better fix this quick...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »

I wouldn't count on it. They mostly rush to fix things that benefit players, not things that hold them back.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I can assure you guys it will get fixed. I wish I had a date to give you but sadly I do not. devs don't like bugs anymore than you or I do.
    lexusk19 wrote: »

I wouldn't count on it. They mostly rush to fix things that benefit players, not things that hold them back.

Fixing bugs isn't as simple as just flipping switches, as much as we all wish it was. if you want it done right it will take time. it's not enough to just know what's bugged, you must also take time to come up with the solution and implement it. The time it takes to fix the issue depends on the severity of the break. More severe bugs will naturally get a higher priority than others as well.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Fixing bugs isn't as simple as just flipping switches, as much as we all wish it was. if you want it done right it will take time. it's not enough to just know what's bugged, you must also take time to come up with the solution and implement it. The time it takes to fix the issue depends on the severity of the break. More severe bugs will naturally get a higher priority than others as well.

All those platitudes aside, it DID work previously but it did more damage than intended. Now it doesn't work. They could revert the changes to the point where it worked but worked too well, but their preference will be to leave it broken and ineffective. This isn't a matter of "if you want it done right" like they're painstakingly restoring an old painting or cleaning the dirt off a fossil... this is a matter of "they'd rather it not work at all than benefit players".

The power being "too good" was a high enough priority to be "fixed" into oblivion. Lets see how important being completely broken is.
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Still seems to be broken. Barely ever fires for me. And they seem to have nerfed it into the ground.. Can I have my dili and EC back Cryptic? Seeing as you changed it and broke it to the point of being useless?
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    for me it seemed to work propperly now with faw. but yea the dmg is not that high at all ^^