test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sponsorship token marks trade-in, pointless.

"Players who have Sponsorship tokens from before the Tier 6 Reputation update will now be able to trade them in for 100 marks via the existing marks conversion stores."

What's not mentioned: You can only trade those marks in on characters that have already maxed out those reputations. This sort of makes the functionality pointless. I have marks coming out my ears on main characters, I don't need more. I can't trade these tokens in on characters still levelling the reputations, those who could actually use an extra 100 marks.

/fail

Comments

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    ...the idea wasn't to transfer your marks to other characters, it was for the characters who spent the 100 marks on now-useless sponsorship tokens, to be able to get back the marks they used.
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    The patch notes mention nothing of the sort. The tokens are account bound, not character. It's not an unreasonable assumption that you can transfer the tokens to all other characters to redeem the marks, as the patch notes do not explicitly state you cannot do so. I have 3 chars with maxed reps, ALL can redeem the tokens for marks, not just the characters that created them. My point stands: I don't NEED marks on chars with maxed reps, I need them on those that don't, so this is a mostly pointless change, however many may welcome it.

Less white knight, more objective opinion please.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Its possible that they did it that way to curb any potential stockpiles. I mean... if someone was crazy enough to make 3-5 of each one if they're an altoholic, that's 3-5 hundred marks each for a character that won't have to run anything until they work through it all.

Also I don't see the previous response as "white knight". Their position is valid. They weren't meant as a means to transfer marks to characters that "need" them. Would it help? Maybe if you don't have any time to work that alt. Could it be abused? Most likely.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    I can't trade these tokens in on characters still levelling the reputations, those who could actually use an extra 100 marks.

You never could. All you could do when tokens existed was give a character double xp, which they now get for free.

The character that lost 100 marks gets back their 100 marks. 100% fair.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,816 Community Moderator
    The point wasn't to transfer Marks to characters that hadn't earned them. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.