test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Grand Experiment

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
One day I was just wondering around YouTube when I came across some Ron Jone's Star Trek TNG Soundtracks like "The Defector" or "Booby Trap". Listening to them I thought "I wonder how this would sound in Star Wars", just to see if the hopeless cause known as Star Wars could be improved in any way, I combined Rogue One's Vader scene with the Romulan Theme from the "Neutral Zone" (TNG Season 1) It actually works. It gave a darker gritter edge then the same old song and dance we find in most Star Wars movies. It felt to me like the Rebels were actually backed in a corner with nowhere to run instead of Angels & Demons in Space. I will continue to experiment with it just because I actually felt like watching Star Wars for a change with a few improvements. Let me know if you have any other ideas. Unlike Star Wars, Trek tells a story through its music, while the later is just background noise. It also gives testament to the unsung master himself...Ron Jones.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm.. how do you define "tells a story through it's music"?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    Hmm.. how do you define "tells a story through it's music"?

I define it as you can listen to it and you can pick out the scenes as they go without any picture. Star Wars is pretty much the same mix of music for the same scenes every movie. Where each Trek track is unique and convey's the story of the episode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Most shows and movies have music that fits the scene.
    For example...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fb9TpYVNkY
    Even without knowing the source... you know a battle of some sort is going down when you hear this.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)