test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Landry's Hair

commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
Give please. No reason not to. The hair available to players in this game largely SUCKS.

Also please give us all the other NPC hair we are missing.
♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I approve of this suggestion.

Note that it's been mentioned in the past that some looks (hair, costumes, etc.) aren't added to the tailor because the artists only made them work for one specific NPC body, so there would be clipping or other visual badness when used for different body sizes, head sizes and shapes, features of other races like ridges.

I still think it's worth the effort, because a major attraction of STO is being able to create your own captain and bridge officers, your way.

When I tried out Neverwinter, one of my first disappointments was how the companions use fixed models and costumes.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    I approve of this suggestion.

Note that it's been mentioned in the past that some looks (hair, costumes, etc.) aren't added to the tailor because the artists only made them work for one specific NPC body

Yeah well maybe they should direct some of their dev time away from removing content to throw us a bone?

♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Note that it's been mentioned in the past that some looks (hair, costumes, etc.) aren't added to the tailor because the artists only made them work for one specific NPC body, so there would be clipping or other visual badness when used for different body sizes, head sizes and shapes, features of other races like ridges.
    Or rather, the artists made them a built in part of that one specific NPC model so there is nothing to add to the tailor in the first place.

Although in a game like STO, I have to question the wisdom of constantly making stuff like hair specifically for single NPCs. If they made them normal tailor parts in the first place, they could sell them to players for extra profit. There is a long standing lack of new hairstyles in the game.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Where's Martok's hair?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Where's Martok's hair?​​

Seconded. I want Martok's hair!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited May 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    Or rather, the artists made them a built in part of that one specific NPC model so there is nothing to add to the tailor in the first place.

Although in a game like STO, I have to question the wisdom of constantly making stuff like hair specifically for single NPCs. If they made them normal tailor parts in the first place, they could sell them to players for extra profit. There is a long standing lack of new hairstyles in the game.

Yes, and they could also use them to add more variety in NPCs in later story episodes.

They save time up front, but lose out in the long run.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just as long as they don't give us the hair types used by the lazy Romulans in the Staging area. To much afking as it is. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Just as long as they don't give us the hair types used by the lazy Romulans in the Staging area. To much afking as it is. :)

:)

That makes me think it would be fun to have a set of macros to post those motivational speeches we give to the lazy Rs in chat, during a TFO :)

(Except no one reads chat, and those who do probably wouldn't get the joke.)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Yep. Heck, even a latinum store where you can buy hairs and various outfits (I WANT THE TOS ROMULAN THIGH BOOTS, THEY GOT NICE HEELS B) )

Will give latuinum more use
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Apparently customizable parts are harder and more time consuming, than non-customizable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    It's well past time for more hair options. Totally support.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yep. Heck, even a latinum store where you can buy hairs and various outfits (I WANT THE TOS ROMULAN THIGH BOOTS, THEY GOT NICE HEELS B) )
    TOS romulan outfit is in the C-Store.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I think somke wants to use them on Non Romulans.

Also I support the idea of putting some cosmetics available for GPL. Hell... transfer the current DL outfits into a GPL store. I wouldn't even mind paying 1 mil GPL for one of those!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

As Rattler said, look at TOS Romulan NPCs' in the quests and pves. The thigh boots have prominent, chunky heels. The TOS Klingon girls have em too.

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    While I agree with "more hair please" - especially for Klingons and other dread-full races - I strongly disagree that the available options largely suck. There is a lot of nice choices in there, and every so often new ones get added.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    They did mention on the livestream tonight that they are working on updating and adding new hair.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    They did mention on the livestream tonight that they are working on updating and adding new hair.

YES! THANK YOU! More options are better and always welcome!
    After all... Space Barbie is the true endgame. Even AmbassadorKael has said that. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    No lice!! ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    As Rattler said, look at TOS Romulan NPCs' in the quests and pves. The thigh boots have prominent, chunky heels. The TOS Klingon girls have em too.
    You mean these boots?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Oh NICE! That'll be fun to try out. Did they give a hint as to when, or was it just a note that it's in the works?
    No timeline given. Just as they can.
    GrWzQke.png
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Cool, good at the very least to know they're looking at it :smile:
    Doff Binding is more important, frankly.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Doff Binding is more important, frankly.

Artists and coders: usually not the same people.

I do know that.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    You mean these boots?

There's only 2 issues I have with the TOS Romulan outfits in the game.
    1. The sleeves don't come out to loop with the thumbs like they did in the TV show. Compare your STO picture with this:
    Cr2dpDlUEAAE6fR.jpg
    Compare the promotional pictures of the uniform for the LOR pack.
    db13d4938eeceaebd3109ef351921abc1388707944.png
    Another of the promotional pictures, you can see the extended sleeve on the female.
    fb5c02fdb4bf664a154b2c8a78f5aea01367348194.jpg
    But that's not possible in game.

2. My last problem is we don't have the color palette for the vibrant colors the NPCs use.

XzRTofz.gif
    Ummmm... This thread is not about costumes.
    GrWzQke.png
    The way hair is portrayed is often highly dependent on its interactions with costumes.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    You mean these boots?

There's only 2 issues I have with the TOS Romulan outfits in the game.
    1. The sleeves don't come out to loop with the thumbs like they did in the TV show. Compare your STO picture with this:
    Cr2dpDlUEAAE6fR.jpg
    Compare the promotional pictures of the uniform for the LOR pack.
    db13d4938eeceaebd3109ef351921abc1388707944.png
    Another of the promotional pictures, you can see the extended sleeve on the female.
    fb5c02fdb4bf664a154b2c8a78f5aea01367348194.jpg
    But that's not possible in game.

2. My last problem is we don't have the color palette for the vibrant colors the NPCs use.

No, look at the Romulan girls in the quest, for example, with Galordan Core. Be it the Romulans or the holo disguises, their thigh boots look a lot different from the c store ones. The heels are much higher, and chunkier. They also are more sleeker.

Check it out next time you play that story. The TOS Klingon girls have 'em as well.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.