test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 05/07/19

moonroachmoonroach Member Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to ST.95.20190425a.7

Discovery Legends Reputation:
  • Test items have been added to the Tribble Vendor for Discovery Legends Reputation.

General:
  • Resolved a crash that could sometimes occur when unslotting a Bridge Officer from a Dynamic Slot.
  • Discovery and Enterprise boots are no longer available to Klingon Captains.

Systems:
  • Elite Difficulty Updates:
    • Increased the damage multipliers that are applied to the Energy Damage of NPCs on Elite difficulty.
      • This increase starts small at level 50, and works out to an approximate increase of 40% at level 65.
      • This increase has not been applied to Kinetic damage.
  • Abilities of items that open stores (such as the "Claim Lockboxes" option on Master Keys) no longer appear on player trays or in the powers menu.
  • Starship Emotes will no longer be placed onto player trays by default.
  • Resolved an issue with several Engineering Ground Abilities that was causing Discovery-era Federation Engineers to spawn the incorrect Mines/Turrets/Drones, if they hadn't yet joined 25th Century Starfleet (spoilers!).
    • This affected Chroniton Mine Barrier, Combat Supply, Medical Generator, Quantum Mortar, Seeker Drone, Shield Generator, Support Drone, and Transphasic Bomb.
  • Added Elite Fleet Disruptor Dual Pistols to the Klingon Fleet Starbase that use the Disruptor Pistol models.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Grace under Fire to be missing some of its descriptive text.

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I seem to have gained a power "Relocate Mines" which I don't believe I should have. At least I cannot see what is giving me access to that power. Looks lots of fun though.

EDIT: I don’t understand the purpose of those Bellum tactical consoles. They give a lower crit chance and lower damage boost then a Vulnerability Locator. With a Vulnerability Locator being superior in every single way why would anyone use a Bellum tactical consoles? Is there some sort of text or part missing?
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,150 Arc User
    moonroach wrote: »
    [*] Discovery and Enterprise boots are no longer available to Klingon Captains.

The Discovery boots i can understand the KDF not having because of the Starfleet iconography. But the Enterprise boots? I'd rather not lose them on my Joined Trill KDF. Its one of the non-spikey sets of boots we have and personally one of the best looking of the bunch without spikes. Its really doesn't have any sort of iconography that could make them seem starfleet. I personally hope this change is reconsidered.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Mycelial Lightning and Shield Dissonance do not seem to be working with mines.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    EDIT: I don’t understand the purpose of those Bellum tactical consoles.

Not everybody has access to Spire consoles. Not everyone wishes to join a Fleet in order to gain access to Spire Consoles. These consoles represent a viable alternative in a similar play space.

Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    I seem to have gained a power "Relocate Mines" which I don't believe I should have. At least I cannot see what is giving me access to that power. Looks lots of fun though.

Prevailing theory was that it was a new Captains Ability that has still gone unannounced.

edited May 2019

Not everybody has access to Spire consoles. Not everyone wishes to join a Fleet in order to gain access to Spire Consoles. These consoles represent a viable alternative in a similar play space.
    You don't need to be in a fleet to access Spire consoles do you? Don't most people just do what I do and ask in local chat or one of the channels and get an invite? That's how I access most of my fleet items like the colony consoles or hanger pets and so on.

Perhaps there is a costing bit I am missing but it seems to me that's its easier to get access to Spire consoles then Bellum tactical consoles and since Spire are just better why spend resources on Bellum? Wont most people be able to ask in local chat and get access to spire faster then they can gain access to Bellum? Perhaps I am looking at it from the wrong point view but Bellum just seem a little redundant to me given how easy Spire can be accessed.

EDIT: Although I wont be using it the heavy beams look amazing.
    EDIT: I am wrong about the consoles, see posts below.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User

You don't need to be in a fleet to access Spire consoles do you? Don't most people just do what I do and ask in local chat or one of the channels and get an invite? That's how I access most of my fleet items like the colony consoles or hanger pets and so on.

Perhaps there is a costing bit I am missing but it seems to me that's its easier to get access to Spire consoles then Bellum tactical consoles and since Spire are just better why spend resources on Bellum? Wont most people be able to ask in local chat and get access to spire faster then they can gain access to Bellum? Perhaps I am looking at it from the wrong point view but Bellum just seem a little redundant to me given how easy Spire can be accessed.

Yes, you do need to be in a fleet to get the consoles irrc, as they're bought from a provisioned store. If you're not in a fleet, then you don't have access to store provisions. What you can do, is be in a lvl 1 fleet with provisions, get invited to a max level fleet and use their store with your provisions.
    I need a beer.

Yes, you do need to be in a fleet to get the consoles irrc, as they're bought from a provisioned store. If you're not in a fleet, then you don't have access to store provisions. What you can do, is be in a lvl 1 fleet with provisions, get invited to a max level fleet and use their store with your provisions.
    That would explain what I missed. I am in a dead fleet and its been dead for years so I just ask in local chat to access other fleet holdings. I retract my previous comment as I am clearly wrong. The new consoles do make sense now. Loving the idea behind the hull boost ones, got a few build ideas based around them and hull regeneration.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    consoles that are mathematically worse in EVERY possible way are NOT a viable alternative, no matter how much easier they may be to obtain​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    there was the same kind of discussion when the Colony consoles came out. "They're not as good as Spire, why should I use them?". Well, if you're an 8-beam tacboat, then sure, why would you. If you're a beam/torp sci ship, I prefer the Colony consoles. and I'm sure the Disco consoles will have a place in different builds again. It's all about choice. If the Spire consoles are the best for your build, use those. If they aren't, use something else. Not *everything* released in the game is, or should be, intended expressly to boost the deeps of tacs in beam boats. Other types of builds are available ;)

(I would argue that with P.E's, the crit bonus on Spire Consoles eventually becomes irrelevant anyway)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    The new consoles that drop from doing the Reputation missions aren't adding their secondary functions, like crit chance or hull cap, only their usual primary functions (like armor or shield HP).

I'm kinda disappointed that the Disruptor Wide-arc Dual Beam Bank is the Tier 6 alternate instead of earlier on in the Reputatio, particularly since Phaser variant is Tier 2. When fired on it's own, I like the meaty but still Discovery-like sound it makes, however, when fired along side Discovery and other Disruptors it kinda just adds more noise that doesn't blend well.
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    • Added Elite Fleet Disruptor Dual Pistols to the Klingon Fleet Starbase that use the Disruptor Pistol models.

Why? Just why?
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
    because they needed to add dual pistols back after renaming the former dual pistols to dual sniper rifles​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    i tried re-rolling the new Deflector to be EPGxALL, like I could with the Bajor deflector. I see EPG in all the rolls, but once I select EPG in the first two, it vanishes from the other rolls. Is it hard-capped at two? If so, why? Surely, it's my dill, my choice? If I want EPGx6, or HULLCAPx6, why can't I?

(on a similar vein, but offtopic.. re-rolling that deflector was painful in general. I'd pay good money to just be able to straight-up choose my mods, instead of the endless dil-sink that is re-rolling)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
    edited May 2019
    aliguana wrote: »
    there was the same kind of discussion when the Colony consoles came out. "They're not as good as Spire, why should I use them?". Well, if you're an 8-beam tacboat, then sure, why would you. If you're a beam/torp sci ship, I prefer the Colony consoles. and I'm sure the Disco consoles will have a place in different builds again. It's all about choice. If the Spire consoles are the best for your build, use those. If they aren't, use something else. Not *everything* released in the game is, or should be, intended expressly to boost the deeps of tacs in beam boats. Other types of builds are available ;)

(I would argue that with P.E's, the crit bonus on Spire Consoles eventually becomes irrelevant anyway)
    This is not the same as the colony consoles did something different. The Bellum consoles are 100% copies of the spire consoles only with lower stats. It’s something like 34% with 2% crit for a Spire and 25% with 1.5% crit for a Bellum (numbers are a little off)

Having slept on it, I do wonder how many people are going to put the amount of time and effect it takes to unlock the Bellum tactical consoles when they can alternatively gain access to provisions and Spire consoles for less time, less effort. Though the none tactical consoles do have a good role.

Established players I would expect are just going pick Spire over Bellum and I would have thought a new player can gain access to the Spire far easier and faster than Bellum. As a new player I would not be happy to get a Bellum waste resources upgrading it and then finding out about the Spire. Then again I have not been a new player in a very long time and I could be wrong. What do other people think? Which is easier to get Spire or Bellum? Is Spire easier to access? How many players are not in fleets but high enough level to access Bellum? Sitting here in a star base for 30mins trading I have yet to see any player high enough level to access Bellum who is not already in a fleet.

EDIT: Thinking about it more wouldn't a typical new player just starting the game be able to gain access to Spire consoles days if not weeks before they could gain access to Bellum? Still it kind of makes sense to leave everything how it is for options as Bellum is more then just tactical consoles.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    edited problem solved
    Post edited by sarah2774 on
    OPv9m3F.jpg
    so as long as there's still a systems dev hovering around...does the martial arts damage boost on the disco ground set work with the tsunkatse gloves? it ought to given that, despite being a weapon, the gloves still use the martial arts moveset​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Systems:

Any chance of placing basic and branch specific (i.e. Engineering) powers on the player trays by default when switching to a new ship?

Considering the spacebased powers/power tray can only be accessed in Space/Sector maps, this would help cut down the hassle of last-minute power sorting/placement from the powers UI when the player selects the ship from ground based maps (i.e. ESD, DS9, Drozana, etc.) and instantly going to TFO space maps from there.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Thank you borticuscryptic :)

I haven't joined a fleet/guild/supergroup since CoH (too much of an Altaholic and RL reasons), so this is a nice alternative for me :smiley:
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Why? Just why?

Because they are Klingon and Klingons use Disruptor weapons as primary weapon type unless you decide not to playing your character. Also, what the other person said.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Some ongoing graphics issues:
    1. Lighting in "Status" tab too dark when Lighting 2.0 is off
    2. Hair has lost its shine
    3. Holodeck ticket 4,724,452: Flashing grass on Risa
    4. Holodeck ticket 4,766,733: Changing any graphics setting changes resolution scale from 1 to 0
    5. Starfleet Academy (2409/2410) flickering textures/shadows.
    6. Lighting/Reflection Issues on Ships in Certain Space Maps
    7. The splash animation looks too gray on Risa when Lighting 2.0 is off. It looks as though you've jumped in a puddle of dirty water.

The first two are present on Tribble, but not on Holodeck. The rest are live on Holodeck.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    Discovery and Enterprise boots are no longer available to Klingon Captains.

The Discovery boots i can understand the KDF not having because of the Starfleet iconography. But the Enterprise boots? I'd rather not lose them on my Joined Trill KDF. Its one of the non-spikey sets of boots we have and personally one of the best looking of the bunch without spikes. Its really doesn't have any sort of iconography that could make them seem starfleet. I personally hope this change is reconsidered.

I don't really see the point of removing the boots either. The KDF have too few costume options as it is.
    qVpg1km.png
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    So - about the Chromodynamic Armor....

I'm glad after 9 years we can finally upgrade it: Yay! However, there is no costume unlock for it, and you are forced to actually have it on and enable visuals to see the cool texture, which is quite limiting. IS there a way we can have the unique visualization of this armor as a separate unlock available in the Tailor?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    • Abilities of items that open stores (such as the "Claim Lockboxes" option on Master Keys) no longer appear on player trays or in the powers menu.
    Thank-you.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Can you please update the [Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack] options as they hav'nt been updated since the Tzenkethi Tzen-tar Dreadnought Carrier was released. Been debating getting the mirror crossfield class but I wanna test it first to make sure, and currently that is impossible.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User

Discovery Legends Reputation:
    Systems:
    • Elite Difficulty Updates:
      • Increased the damage multipliers that are applied to the Energy Damage of NPCs on Elite difficulty.
        • This increase starts small at level 50, and works out to an approximate increase of 40% at level 65.
        • This increase has not been applied to Kinetic damage.

thats potentially a great change!
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Been trying to access the costume unlock and nothing is showing available as yet. Is the ev suit the same costume as the lobi dsc ev suit?
    These two bugs are still present on Tribble. If nothing changes tomorrow, I'm guessing they will go live to Holodeck on Tuesday, when "Rise of Discovery" is released.

Lighting in "Status" tab too dark when Lighting 2.0 is off
    Hair has lost its shine
    qVpg1km.png