test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Replay old missions? Solanae Dyson arc

I have to believe this must be an old bug (or extremely recent).

I went to grind away to complete some sets for the first time in a while (Dyson Solanae). I have completed 80% of the arc including the end mission with multiple characters.

Today I access the mission journal and engage the first mission. In the dialogue box where the synopsis usually appears w. accept/request icons the simple words "Input Request" show up with no ability to engage the mission. I cannot access subsequent missions from this arc even though I have won it and played beyond.

I tried this with more than one character to no avail and engaged a story arc that was completed before (with less than 100% completion overall), which worked.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Check back through all your previous story arcs for mission(s) that need to be played or skipped.
    Recent updates added some missions that can block progress until they too are played/skipped.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Check back through all your previous story arcs for mission(s) that need to be played or skipped.
    Recent updates added some missions that can block progress until they too are played/skipped.

This makes perfect sense based on some inspection of my campaign activity amongst the various characters. The problem is "where must one must (re) start?:

For example, I noticed my KDF Romulan Scientist dabbled in the New Romulus campaign some time ago. I must have skipped the first couple of missions and ended up with Hidden Camera as my last playable mission (story 4 in the arc?). Now the entirety of that campaign is locked with the exception of Episode 1 New Romulus Aid and Episode 4(?) Hidden Camera.

So, even though I had completed the Dyson Story arc with more than 3 characters (say to 80% including completing the first and final missions) Episode 1 is locked for them. Thus the return to the question: How far back must one go to queue up the Dyson arc? New Romulus Campaign 100%? Borg Advance? 4,5,6 campaigns earlier at 100% all the way through? Clearly there is a law of diminishing returns for the 1-2 items in the Dyson arc. It may be worth a few New Romulus campaign loose ends to initiate, but if there is no way to know for certain without simply completing 100% on all campaigns prior that's not really a viable plan.

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    How far back must one go ...?
    Let me emphasize a few points in my post:
    It's not essential to play every mission, because most of them can be skipped - i.e. click the "Skip" button.
    Once you find the mission(s) that block your progress, the missions you've already completed will open up again for replay.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/