test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help me select which Infinity Prize Pack ship to choose?

captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
edited April 2019 in The Academy
That is just a lot of diverse vessels and I am not sure which one to pick? Before everyone asks me to narrow down the options based upon a variety of game play choices, currently I am a bit torn between the Cardassian Keldon Cruiser, either of the Kelvin Timeline Starships or the Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser?

Suggestions would be appreciated and I am open to hearing an argument on behalf of any of the available ships due to their unique status. Thanks in advance for commenting too.

As an aside: I had some spare Zen yesterday and opted to get enough keys to open a mere four Infinity Lock Boxes.

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Would you be willing to use the Tribble test server to try ships that appeal to you or is "unique status" more important?

My own choice would be the https://Prototype Dreadnought Cruiser if Fed for the DPRM but no idea what faction or discipline you play.
  • Options
    I'm on console, so Tribble is not an option for me. Thanks. I have twin accounts on Xbox One, lifetime memberships on both, and I play all factions with maxed out characters (minus DISCO). What is it about that ship that you like?
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Like I said, the DPRM and the ship in general. But you'd already have access to this on KDF or Romulan toons. The answers really are to broad to list and come down to personal preference. Not sure if anybody can make that choice for you. I have a science toon that would like the Verne, a Romulan toon that would choose a completely different ship, etc. My choices would be what ship appeals to me for my own reasons and not unique status unless I wished to sell the box.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Cardassian Keldon Cruiser is decent but not exceptional. I don't see that many on PC, likely partially due to that the T5 Galor is included in the large Gamma Vanguard pack.

Kelvin Timeline ships:
    Fed - Kelvin Timeline Heavy Cruiser: Most get this to have a 23rd Century Constitution, either specifically the Kelvin version or to settle for one half or less the Exchange price(on PC at least). Decent, but not standout, performance wise.
    KDF - D4x: Up until the M'Chla recently, the only Bird of Prey with Pilot Maneuvers. Now that the M'Chla is out, at least PC side, kinda looses it's mechanical uniqueness.
    Rom - T'Laru: The most unique of these, currently the only Romulan dedicated carrier. It can slot the rather nice Romulan Drone Ship frigate pets if you also own one of the Scimitar line. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about it's bridge officer layout -- three Lieutenant BOffs, versus two Lieutenant Commander and an Ensign is not to my tastes -- but still plenty usable, and not a terribly common sight on PC.

Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser is fairly unique mechanic wise, being one of only a few ships in the entire game with a Universal Commander BOff slot, and the only one with two full-time Commander BOff slots. Somehow comes out as not over-powered, leaving it somewhere between a Battlecruiser and a Warship in firepower. Unusually cheap on the PC Exchange, if that's the case on Console, it'd be better to sell the Kelvin Timeline Starship pack and then buy it with money left over. Not seen to often, likely due to it being the very good, but not-quite top end and that it dropped the same time as a bunch of Jem'Hadar ships were added to Z-Store and packs.

Note: BOff == Bridge Officer. Kinda only realized that wasn't spelled out on the Academy subforum during the last part.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Cardassian Keldon Cruiser is decent but not exceptional. I don't see that many on PC, likely partially due to that the T5 Galor is included in the large Gamma Vanguard pack.

Kelvin Timeline ships:
    Fed - Kelvin Timeline Heavy Cruiser: Most get this to have a 23rd Century Constitution, either specifically the Kelvin version or to settle for one half or less the Exchange price(on PC at least). Decent, but not standout, performance wise.
    KDF - D4x: Up until the M'Chla recently, the only Bird of Prey with Pilot Maneuvers. Now that the M'Chla is out, at least PC side, kinda looses it's mechanical uniqueness.
    Rom - T'Laru: The most unique of these, currently the only Romulan dedicated carrier. It can slot the rather nice Romulan Drone Ship frigate pets if you also own one of the Scimitar line. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about it's bridge officer layout -- three Lieutenant BOffs, versus two Lieutenant Commander and an Ensign is not to my tastes -- but still plenty usable, and not a terribly common sight on PC.

Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser is fairly unique mechanic wise, being one of only a few ships in the entire game with a Universal Commander BOff slot, and the only one with two full-time Commander BOff slots. Somehow comes out as not over-powered, leaving it somewhere between a Battlecruiser and a Warship in firepower. Unusually cheap on the PC Exchange, if that's the case on Console, it'd be better to sell the Kelvin Timeline Starship pack and then buy it with money left over. Not seen to often, likely due to it being the very good, but not-quite top end and that it dropped the same time as a bunch of Jem'Hadar ships were added to Z-Store and packs.

Note: BOff == Bridge Officer. Kinda only realized that wasn't spelled out on the Academy subforum during the last part.

Thanks for breaking that down for me as it does help clarify some of the ships that interested me. I'm-a gonna mull these points over, it's not as if the box is going anywhere and I can be patient.

Maybe I should have asked which of the possible ships might cull the largest return if offered on the exchange?
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    I dont regret getting my t'laru for a second, amazing romulan carrier
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User

Kelvin Timeline ships:

Thanks for breaking that down for me as it does help clarify some of the ships that interested me. I'm-a gonna mull these points over, it's not as if the box is going anywhere and I can be patient.

Maybe I should have asked which of the possible ships might cull the largest return if offered on the exchange?

On PC, anything not the Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser or the Hurq ship goes for roughly the same price from the Infinity Box choices. Those two seemed to be less popular and still have stock from their original runs. As for what to choose besides those two, it would be down to factoring in how quickly they sell, which Kelvin Timeline Starship (T6) (for the Constitution), TOS Dreadnought Starship (T6) (for the Atlas with it's DPRM), or Discovery Starship (T6) (for the Crossfield and Sarcophagus) should be decently easy to sell. You'll have to check prices of things on your console (XB1 and PS4 are separate Exchange markets, and may vary from each other just as much as they differ from PC) to be sure of prices.
  • Options

Kelvin Timeline ships:

On PC, anything not the Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser or the Hurq ship goes for roughly the same price from the Infinity Box choices. Those two seemed to be less popular and still have stock from their original runs. As for what to choose besides those two, it would be down to factoring in how quickly they sell, which Kelvin Timeline Starship (T6) (for the Constitution), TOS Dreadnought Starship (T6) (for the Atlas with it's DPRM), or Discovery Starship (T6) (for the Crossfield and Sarcophagus) should be decently easy to sell. You'll have to check prices of things on your console (XB1 and PS4 are separate Exchange markets, and may vary from each other just as much as they differ from PC) to be sure of prices.

Gotcha!