test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

kemocite mechanics clarification needed

telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
So just a few questions i have regarding the kemocite laced weapons tactical ability:

1. It has a 10% chance to proc for energy weapons. Beam arrays fire 4 pulses per activation, 5 pulses when using fire at will - does kemocite activate on each pulse or only on the initial pulse?

2. It does radiation damage, but is it increased by exotic particle generator? The sto wiki obly lists the 8472 and delta consoles/sets that boost radiation damage.

3. For a science exotic build with limited tactical abilities (NOT a torpedo boat sci build), would kemocite be worth using over fire at will/beam overload, since enemies will already be clustered by gravity well? In this case would it be better to have 1x FAW + 1x kemocite, or 2x kemocite, or 2, FAW?

4. Is there any kind of internal cooldown, or can it proc several times in a row (with luck,obviously)

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    As far as i know procs and that includes activation of kemocite on energy weapons is linked to the weapon cycle.

This means it only has a chance to activate on the initial shot and not on each individual shot fired. This much to the displeasure of the DC users who saw one of the few reasons to still use DC over DHC evaporate.

I cannot answer number 2, 3 and 4 since kemocite has recently been changed and i am not up to date on the changes.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    As far as i could tell the only change was buffing the proc chance for energy weapons to 10, i think it used to be 5%
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    So just a few questions i have regarding the kemocite laced weapons tactical ability:

1. It has a 10% chance to proc for energy weapons. Beam arrays fire 4 pulses per activation, 5 pulses when using fire at will - does kemocite activate on each pulse or only on the initial pulse?

2. It does radiation damage, but is it increased by exotic particle generator? The sto wiki obly lists the 8472 and delta consoles/sets that boost radiation damage.

3. For a science exotic build with limited tactical abilities (NOT a torpedo boat sci build), would kemocite be worth using over fire at will/beam overload, since enemies will already be clustered by gravity well? In this case would it be better to have 1x FAW + 1x kemocite, or 2x kemocite, or 2, FAW?

4. Is there any kind of internal cooldown, or can it proc several times in a row (with luck,obviously)
    1.) Unless specified, Procs are per firing cycle.

2.) It is standard radiation and is only buffed by 1 console and 1 2 piece set. It is not a source of Exotic Raditaion (which would be buffed by epg)

3.) On science ships I treat that ability as a debuff first and a damage augmenter second. It works much better on (100%) Projectile builds over Beam builds. If you are running that Lukari Beam array..Beam overload packs nasty surprise :P

4.)It can proc back to back (If your lucky)
    Post edited by odinforever20000 on

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    As far as i could tell the only change was buffing the proc chance for energy weapons to 10, i think it used to be 5%

ITs always been 10% for Energy Weapons. What they Re-buffed was its Radiation Damage.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    kemocite could proc per hit with energy weapons and the 10% proc chance is pretty accurate based on tests.