test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transporter request

nerd2224nerd2224 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hi, just a request really re: transporter graphics

could there be an option added to choose the transporter pattern like we can choose our UI?

I have a federation character I have been using for 5+ years. He has the majority of my lockbox ships, tech etc on my account. Theres significant funds sunk into him. I don't want to start a whole new character just to have the discovery beam up graphics vs the normal fed ones.

thanks

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    This has been requested many many times in the past. But a short while ago on a Ten Forward it was said they were looking at making certain things era specific ie TOS ships using TOS warp out graphics instead on 2410 graphics. So it is very much a work in progress.
  • nerd2224nerd2224 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    fingers crossed!
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Yes, I want the 25th century beam out effect for my main which is AoY. Especially since you’re supposed pretend to be from the 25th century, it’s still weird that someone would use 140 year old technology.
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    How about changing the transporter animation when you're beaming from a transporter pad in a station? It bugs me that the toons tap on their wrists, which isn't accurate at all.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    +1 for barbie transporter stuff
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    This has been requested many many times in the past. But a short while ago on a Ten Forward it was said they were looking at making certain things era specific ie TOS ships using TOS warp out graphics instead on 2410 graphics. So it is very much a work in progress.

TOS warp out? There was no such thing in TOS, it was just a smooth acceleration (in fact, they used it from leaving orbit around one planet to entering orbit around another in a different star system without ever engaging impulse drive). The 'jump to lightspeed' style nonsense did not come into being until the movie era, and that was originally supposed to be a one time gimmick to add a little something to the "ride off into the sunset" style ending until it caught on with movie audiences.

Being able to choose the transporter effect, or even making it dependent on the ship or station would definitely be nice though. It would also be great to have the "shimmer" style transporter effect that the TOS Klingons and Romulans used too, though without AoY versions of them I suppose their signature transporter effect added is extremely unlikely.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

TOS warp out? There was no such thing in TOS, it was just a smooth acceleration (in fact, they used it from leaving orbit around one planet to entering orbit around another in a different star system without ever engaging impulse drive). The 'jump to lightspeed' style nonsense did not come into being until the movie era, and that was originally supposed to be a one time gimmick to add a little something to the "ride off into the sunset" style ending until it caught on with movie audiences.

Being able to choose the transporter effect, or even making it dependent on the ship or station would definitely be nice though. It would also be great to have the "shimmer" style transporter effect that the TOS Klingons and Romulans used too, though without AoY versions of them I suppose their signature transporter effect added is extremely unlikely.

I think they mean the in-game "TOS Warp out" rather then the one from the series as there was none for the series, but AoY have distinct Warp out effect they use.