test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Operation: Riposte Featured TFO

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    How many times can you run it for tokens?
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,963 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I must say this TFO is superbly made! It actually feels like a wartime operation, and although it is of course a bit too easy on normal difficulty, it is still not trivial or boring.

Thanks for this great piece of work, gentlebeings!

Seconded. It's brilliant
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It was a pretty good TFO. No wonder the Klingons eventually called off the war, we've vaporized so many of their ships they don't have anything left to fight with. ;)
    Considering all the mass slaughter queues and episodes we must've vaporized them by the thousands already. It's a wonder they still have anything left as it is. :D
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Did the new satellite fire the disco beams ? BTW, in the Zen Store it says it unlocks the lorca jacket
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    The fact that we don't have to do the TFO in one block to earn the free T6 is irrelevant to me, as stated previous, any number above 4 is too many.
    If we didn't have the token bundle, I wouldn't do it more then 14 times.

Basically, I have better things to do then play a queue every day, so I put in the minimum required effort and no more then is needed to get the unlock.
    And only if it's a unlock I will use, I skipped the Pahvo crystal event because I didn't want that item.

I've got seven characters and each of them has done so many Reputation queues, I'm now at the point where I just find it tedious to do a queue all day, every day for a month (or close to it in this case).
    Hence why I set limits, meet the goal, then stop, to limit the amount of boredom/frustration in daily queue farming.
    BTW, in the Zen Store it says it unlocks the lorca jacket
    Legacy text I'm assuming, they probably didn't change the description from the previous event and update it to this current event.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • gabfalcongabfalcon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    gabfalcon wrote: »
    Take the fight to the Klingons and turn the tide of the war in Operation: Riposte! You can earn a brand new Elite Defense Satellite.

But there's more - we're starting a new program where playing TFOs can earn you a T6 ship! More details here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138023

I'm sorry for my stupid question, but where do I see how many "coupon progress token" I have?

Character Journal -> Reputation Tab -> Bottom Left -> Coupon Progress Token "n/3000" (right above reward and info button at the very bottom left)

Thanks
  • gabfalcongabfalcon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    gabfalcon wrote: »
    I'm sorry for my stupid question, but where do I see how many "coupon progress token" I have?

It took me a while to spot it too. Click on the Event reputation and look in the lower left corner of the window.

Thank You
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I must say this TFO is superbly made! It actually feels like a wartime operation, and although it is of course a bit too easy on normal difficulty, it is still not trivial or boring.

Thanks for this great piece of work, gentlebeings!

Check out John's (content designer who made it) interview on the last Ten Forward weekly (spoiler tagged below for thread neat-ness), he put quite a lot of thought into the "wartime operation" aspect. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    tilarta wrote: »
    The fact that we don't have to do the TFO in one block to earn the free T6 is irrelevant to me, as stated previous, any number above 4 is too many.
    If we didn't have the token bundle, I wouldn't do it more then 14 times.

Basically, I have better things to do then play a queue every day, so I put in the minimum required effort and no more then is needed to get the unlock.
    And only if it's a unlock I will use, I skipped the Pahvo crystal event because I didn't want that item.

I've got seven characters and each of them has done so many Reputation queues, I'm now at the point where I just find it tedious to do a queue all day, every day for a month (or close to it in this case).
    Hence why I set limits, meet the goal, then stop, to limit the amount of boredom/frustration in daily queue farming.
    BTW, in the Zen Store it says it unlocks the lorca jacket
    Legacy text I'm assuming, they probably didn't change the description from the previous event and update it to this current event.

I got currently 23 toons on my account (but I may delete some in the future), and I'm doing any event I can get my hands on for loong time.
    Normally I would do only 14 times TFO, but as it is now I will do max possible - and I will save the surplus TFO vouchers for future - it looks like all featured TFOs are using the same vouchers, so this should give me around 14 vouchers surplus by the end of second TFO (and the T6 discount coupon should be ready too by then).

And about that "Pahvo crystal event" - man I'm feeling sorry for you. That kit module is practically a multiple turret that can be used by any job. And the multiple turrets boost each other performance! That module is currently a must have for all my toons B) .
    And frankly - any player from other MMOs will tell you the STO players are spoiled. I did some grinds on other MMOs (and other online games - like WOT) so I personally think that 20-22 days with 20 minutes mission each day is not hard - even if the mission will get boring after a week, it's still easy, short walk. And the rewards… well even if they are not always special, there is always chance that they will become very usefull in the future. And all rewards are account unlocks for some time, so they will wait for their day.
    Edit:
    The only time I was really tired by STO "grind" was when I did events before the rewards become account unlocks.
    Now it is only do 14 days of 20 mission once per account, but I did once an 14 voucher event on 12 toons when it was "only character that did event" reward - now that could be called a "grind" - well, for any TFO that was not Crystaline Catastrophe.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,153 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    This is pretty badly bugged for my runs. The Klingon transports instantly die in seconds so we cannot save any of them. Within 2 seconds of a tractor lock its dead. Plus after everything dies super fast a few times nothing else spawns so we sit watching a pointless timer count down for close to 2 mins with no ships spawning. Which kind of saps the fun out of this along with it being super easy to the point of removing all feeling of accomplishment. The bugs need fixing and it needs making harder/more challenging.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,963 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    This is pretty badly bugged for my runs. The Klingon transports instantly die in seconds so we cannot save any of them. Within 2 seconds of a tractor lock its dead. Plus after everything dies super fast a few times nothing else spawns so we sit watching a pointless timer count down for close to 2 mins with no ships spawning. Which kind of saps the fun out of this along with it being super easy to the point of removing all feeling of accomplishment. The bugs need fixing and it needs making harder/more challenging.

I've not experienced these issues. If these are bugs then a post in the correct sub forum may serve you better. A thread on general discussion isn't really the best place to post this.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    At first I thought the klink ships were eating warpcore breaches within the inevitable grav wells but then I watched more carefully and it looked way more like a case of hit F to vaporise as there were transports for myself and others that poofed with nothing nearby to cause them harm.

I actually had one vanish midway between the farm and drop off with nothing but clear skies between them.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They blew themselves up to die honorably. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Everyone must remember that this is 23rd century technology taking on 25th century technology which means we should be devastating them like they dont exist LOL.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I don't like using turrets, I once made a turret module build on my engineer and it was basically just sitting around deploying turrets while the enemies were taking free shots and I couldn't fight back until the turret was fabricated.
    That's why I skipped the Pahvo crystal event, I really didn't want another turret style module, given my negative experiences with the turret kitframe.

This is what I use instead:
    5432C69B9F4E87CDE3C81C65C6B7A2D88D2658F4

I got 9 Clingone transports yesterday and 9 today, so it's kimpossible.

Oh, I know all too well how much grindy games can wear one down, I played Chumpions Online, Defiance/Defiance 2050 and quit all three because I got so frustrated with investing nearly a whole day for no loot reward.

That's the main reason I stayed with STO, they were smart enough to toss random rewards out the door and replace it with guaranteed rewards.

Also, I laugh so hard at the CO players, they believe guaranteed rewards are terrible, they love the random reward system and state it's better.
    Just for added hilarity, the player who was saying that then turns around and starts begging for random reward items from other players and complaining they never get any from the queues! :-D

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    removed
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    Everyone must remember that this is 23rd century technology taking on 25th century technology which means we should be devastating them like they dont exist LOL.
    I'm actually amazed they didn't do "Battle at Binary Stars" type thing where we took on the holographic visuals of the ships of the time (of course Defense of SB1 didn't do this either...so...)
    tilarta wrote: »
    I don't like using turrets, I once made a turret module build on my engineer and it was basically just sitting around deploying turrets while the enemies were taking free shots and I couldn't fight back until the turret was fabricated.
    That's why I skipped the Pahvo crystal event, I really didn't want another turret style module, given my negative experiences with the turret kitframe.
    This is what I use instead:
    5432C69B9F4E87CDE3C81C65C6B7A2D88D2658F4
    I got 9 Clingone transports yesterday and 9 today, so it's kimpossible.
    Aye I understand the frustration of Turret Deployment, but I also hate the delay in activating certain ground abilities that are default for each profession such as: ENG-Reroute Power to Shields, SCI-Nanoprobe Infestation-90% of the time the target is shot dead before they get infected, or so low they don't live long enough to spread it-they should have the infection linger on the body to spread after knocked out, TAC-Any Grenade Toss because how your Boffs decide to attack when you go to Toss said grenade, ARGOing the target you wanted to hit with the nade, causing them to move when they were not even aware of you about to attack.

On the "taking free shots while deploying my turrets!" Can't say I don't do the same to NPCs to try to stop them from doing same. If anything the Agony Terran Assualt Phaser Turrets act how I think turrets should be deployed in terms of speed, as they seem drastically faster to deploy. Neither are Photon, Quantum and the like Turrets like the others, as they are more for distance/artillery ---side note could we actually get Plasma, Transphasic (Maybe make Tetryon? Though we have the Transphasic Bomb it's just not effective unless getting an enemy to come near you), Chroniton (Which we have throwable ones in Lobi Store, and is also the default mine), and Cryogenic would make nice additions. plus could make Micro Torp Launcher versions for TACs (which has Photon and Cryo already!). They could add some stuff to SCI to make up for them so they don't feel left out, say Photonic Pulse (like the grenade and mines but doesn't Stun/Hold, maybe confuse instead with the Sensory Overload with knockdown), Transphasic Wave -Weakens shields and armor resistances to weapon damage (Energy, Kinetic, Physical). Toxic Immolation-Sends out a cone of say 35º radius to paint a target with Toxic Chemical that slows cooldowns, and causes target have chance to spread such, but also due to being "Immolated" offered up to the local wildlife to show up and attack (generally will be spiders, wouldn't mind them adding some snakes, other bugs including the Stinging Flythings on New Romulus, and of course some 4 legged animals will show up, RNG of course) BUT wildlife will attack anything alive if ARGOed.

THOUGH Back to Topic, I do like the TFO! I like the variation of phases. LOVE the fact we have to shoot down missles from the Planet below. Something seriously missing from STO is the fact some planets should be armed, can't wait for Planetary Arrays and some maybe future targeting of such (only Star Trek Game I think that every had such was Klingon Academy).
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Please get rid of the timers... at least the ones that once you accomplish your task they should auto finish to zero... nothing spawns once you finish your task and it still slowing ticking away.
  • ozzymiteozzymite Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Once per day for all 21 days its up.

How do you get to 3000 if you only get 100 per day? 21 days would only give you 2100 points.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    ozzymite wrote: »

How do you get to 3000 if you only get 100 per day? 21 days would only give you 2100 points.

The 100 is only right now through monday at 10 am PDT. After that, it goes down to 50 a day.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,209 Community Moderator
    ozzymite wrote: »

It's not 100 per day. It's 50 per day. This initial weekend is a bonus weekend, though, so it's 100 per day now. Come Monday it will revert to 50 per day. And as som and others have mentioned, there will be a total of 3 different TFO events over which to earn the tokens.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Reading through a lot of the comments on here, it's clear that a lot of peeps are not bother to read the post about how all this works.

For those that don't enjoy these events; don't play them.

I've enjoyed the TFO - it's not been buggy any of the times I've played it. I like the idea of working to earn that free ship - I have 300/3000 as of today. By Monday that will sit at 500/3000. Unless there is another bonus weekend, the most we are going to be able to earn towards that free ship is 1,300 (5 Days @ 100, 16 days @ 50). That's over 40% of what we need (if you hit all the days).

I like the fact that each TFO is ALSO going to offer a specific reward. No, we are not getting the big reward quickly - they are making us work for it. Which is good. Scalable T6 ships - account unlocked - shouldn't just be given away. We should work for them (or pay for them). Price of playing a F2P MMO :-)

I look forward to what the next TFO will be after this one, and I look forward to enjoying the new ship I'm going to get (already know which one it's going to be).
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • jammiedodger#7152 jammiedodger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Am I the only one who is happy that we're finally getting a chance as f2p players, to get a T6 ship without having to refine hundreds of thousands of dilithium?
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Am I the only one who is happy that we're finally getting a chance as f2p players, to get a T6 ship without having to refine hundreds of thousands of dilithium?

No, lots of people are happy they can get a free T6 ship. This is one of many free T6 ships a F2P player can get over the year when you include Summer event, Winter event and Anniversary. What they dont like is the percieved grind to get said ship as it would have been nicer to have a choice of episodes to play to earn tokens instead of the same one over and over.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles