test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for the future : Option to lock wing Position on some ships

rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
First, I want to thank the developers for taking the time to eliminate old known bugs. In this case, the missing animations such as wings, narcelles etc on some ships.

Yesterday I finally managed to get a D4 Kelvin BoP, and i must say it look much better with the wings in the upper position. This lead me to the idea that it would be very cool if we have the option to lock the wing position on klingon ships. So in this case that the wings would be up even in battle.

For a spacebarbie like me this would be a very cool option
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I'd like to lock the Scimitar's wings in the unfolded position. :D

Or even better, a toggle to switch the wing position manually.
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Yeah, a toggle would be even cooler
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    These would definitely be good options to have in the Ship Tailor, so that players can have their ships printed in various configurations.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Also a cool idea. I love that we have the nice BoP wing animation, but in my eyes its a litte bit too much. Wings up in Sektor is ok, but in battle they should always be down

BTW, i have used the fed pilot ships again after a year and now they have a dank animation that the impulse drive switch back in combat. pretty sure that wasnt there over a year ago

Also, they should finally add the option to buy you fav transporter, warp and ui effects. why can i use nice things only on my disco char ?. maybe a good reason to use your latinum
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Actually, azrael, I believe in a podcast/livestream not too long ago, the devs mentioned looking into making those things a possibility. No promises of course. But I believe it is something being looked at.

Anyway, that's off topic to the OP about animated ships.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Also a cool idea. I love that we have the nice BoP wing animation, but in my eyes its a litte bit too much. Wings up in Sektor is ok, but in battle they should always be down

BTW, i have used the fed pilot ships again after a year and now they have a dank animation that the impulse drive switch back in combat. pretty sure that wasnt there over a year ago

Also, they should finally add the option to buy you fav transporter, warp and ui effects. why can i use nice things only on my disco char ?. maybe a good reason to use your latinum

Up for battle is canon too though.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

Only when dealing with the K'Vort class cruiser. B'rel BoPs had the wings down.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.