test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Discovery Phaser version do you prefer ? (bef AoD / aft AoD)

2»

Comments

• rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Before the Age of Discovery Update
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Speaking of weapons, why do cannons always look so bland, by the way? Beams change, they have a few variants - default solid beam, wavy beams, pulse beams, linked beams, twin beams etc. etc.

Cannons always look the same, just the colour changes. It's always the same "tear drop" ball being shot, no matter which type of cannon you look at. DSC cannons look exactly like every other cannon in the entire game.​​

Not exactly. The Disco cannons are thicker than the tng ones, i saw it on the disruptor heavy cannons
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Not exactly. The Disco cannons are thicker than the tng ones, i saw it on the disruptor heavy cannons

But aren't that just heavy cannons as opposed to regular ones? The heavies are thicker, yes. But look at the turret in the comparison video, those look like the default ones, just with a different hue.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    The "balls" are a little bit different on the disco ones. i run both tng and disco in my klg toon
    The "balls" are a little bit different on the disco ones. i run both tng and disco in my klg toon

Ah, I see. Still, i'd like to see those being pulses as well.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited April 2019
    Looks like beam's back on the menu, boys. I still wish they fixed the S1 Phasers in the game to the old state
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Where's my neither option? I'd like WoK phasers as a vanity weapon option.
    Where's my neither option? I'd like WoK phasers as a vanity weapon option.

They need the badass bzz bzzz sound from the movie, the visuals are good
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Look at the woman Starfleet person on the background to these Forums. The Phaser Beam originates from her hand and not the Pistol. So what's the chance?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Look at the woman Starfleet person on the background to these Forums. The Phaser Beam originates from her hand and not the Pistol. So what's the chance?

I thought it was just a flashlight. Does look kinda weird up close.

I don't think so​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    i have tested the sensor linked ones after i saw these vids and mine look different in the game. you dont so the "long blob" not on time in these vids
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    i have tested the sensor linked ones after i saw these vids and mine look different in the game. you dont so the "long blob" not on time in these vids

Did you try them out on Tribble or just the live server?
    i test them on the normal server. i have no idea how this tribble thing works. but i know the videos are from tribble. would could be the difference ? do tribble show future possible content ?
  • ripperjk02ripperjk02 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Wow, I had no idea they looked that good before - yeah, the current firing animation looks broken, with how the pulses angle themselves to keep with the target.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, soon to be above 31%.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Hey, what a coincidence. i just wanted to bump the thread
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.