test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEVS Please balance personal Endeavors - TOO many SPACE vs ground events!

13»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That's for materials in Space. Japori has three.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Yep, but Japori is a little bit more of an irritation since you can't do it without flying into the middle of combat. In Carraya, you can just ignore the combatants.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    @coldnapalm
    Go into 'Sphere of Influence' first Beam in. There is a node on the right, then go into the main chamber, there is a node on one of the platforms. Beam out, then in, do the two nodes again, out and in and you have your six.

I leave one character parked outside of Carraya for whenever I get that one. You get 2 each time you load onto the map. Just leave without firing a shot after you get your two R&D mats, then load back in. Rinse and repeat.

Actually, any of the kill 5 group romulan patrols generate 2 SPACE nodes. The problem is when you get GROUND ones as they don't generate anymore.

I'm guessing by these two quotes that there's a different endeavor for space and ground material harvesting? If so, LOL. How stupid is it that such a distinction exists? I've skipped enough days of endeavors to have not ran into a ground version I guess. Also is this a known bug or is @ltminns disproving that?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    Well, I do Japori as it has three nodes and I also avoid combat. Go left and there are two nodes away from the combat and there is another on the right side also away. Two Warp in and outs and done. I will check Carraya though.

As to Ground, for 'Sphere of Influence' there are two nodes as I listed above and they do regenerate on any beam out/in. I leave the Episode in my Active Mission Objectives box and Transwarp there as needed.

I am doing almost all the Endeavors on my Discovery Character and don't have any other Character parked anywhere for it. I am spending almost all my time on that Character and only fire up another to do Tetryon, Anti-proton, or Polaron Space damage. Then other Characters will login in to do the Endeavor, deposit the Reward box, and log out. The Discovery Character will pick up the Endeavor Reward box.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    When you get Harvest Ground Materials on Hard it is six NODES. When you get it on Easy it is six MATERIALS.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I am doing almost all the Endeavors on my Discovery Character and don't have any other Character parked anywhere for it. I am spending almost all my time on that Character and only fire up another to do Tetryon, Anti-proton, or Polaron Space damage. Then other Characters will login in to do the Endeavor, deposit the Reward box, and log out. The Discovery Character will pick up the Endeavor Reward box.

I have every form of space damage preset on individual characters so I don't have to swap out any gear. I lucked into this as I wanted to have full sets of all weapon types years before the endeavor system started. After the endeavor system started, I made sure I had one weapon of each damage type for ground on my main since that's easy to swap out. Also all this gear is Mk XV gold. I also have a couple of characters parked here and there for some of the endeavors that I see more often. I have one parked at Nimbus, one at Nukara, one at DS9 and one at Carraya. I use transwarp for the rest like you.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Yep, but Japori is a little bit more of an irritation since you can't do it without flying into the middle of combat. In Carraya, you can just ignore the combatants.
    Starbase 234 also has three nodes and you can avoid all combat simply by saying no to the hail.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Japori scanning can easily be done combat free if you fly to the right a shade instead of straight ahead after zoning in & the other two are so far off to the left you can't even see the fight going on.

Even when shaun turns up to kill steal or pets get deployed you can avoid red alerting with a few degrees difference.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    @coldnapalm
    Go into 'Sphere of Influence' first Beam in. There is a node on the right, then go into the main chamber, there is a node on one of the platforms. Beam out, then in, do the two nodes again, out and in and you have your six.

IIRC that will depend on which faction you are, the nodes are always in the same spots, your beam in point is depending on faction.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I had the 6 nodes today for the 'hard' endeavor.

Did the Sphere of Influence trick listed here.. done in a couple min. Couldn't be easier, beam in.. collect 2, beam out.. repeat. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Can I recommend Diplomatic Orders for the nodes? Two ground on the first map (no combat), six space nodes on the second (and you can just not hail the klingons if you want to avoid fighting) and I think it's five (maybe six) ground nodes on the map after that (but with a good deal of klingon so you'll have to fight a bit, though it's so dead easy at 65 I feel it barely bears mentioning).
    In all, you can do even hard (ground or space) in about 2 minutes or less.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    'Diplomatic Orders' is another good choice.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

Starbase 234 also has three nodes and you can avoid all combat simply by saying no to the hail.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll try that one out.
This discussion has been closed.