test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

about those energy torpedos....

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
like the naussican disruptor one. I know they get boosted by the disruptor consoles, but is that damage mitigated by shields like a photon??
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Pretty sure all the energy torpedoes say they effect hull and shields equally.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yeah the reduced damage is a function of Kinetic damage rather then a function of torpedos IIRC.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Treat high yield torps like the old beam overload - its a nice way to 'doubletap' nowadays
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    They are great for torpedo builds. I tried one that has a crystal energy torp and a morphogenic torp (for the cooldown set bonus) ahead of the other torps in the cycle along with the usual torp support doffs and whatnot, and the two knocked down shields as effectively as beam banks would (especially with the rear turrets adding to it).
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    no...it does energy damage...which is why the tzen kinda wreck you with their tet energy torps.

Yah, I run several Tet builds on my sci characters and would LOVE to see a Tetryon Energy torpedo readily available for all players. Heck I think every flavor of energy weapon should have one. Make it a mission reward or craftable even?
This discussion has been closed.