test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Alliance

13»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »

Sorry, but you may well be right in content (and I am certainly not one to know), you are wrong in the approach. At least how it reads to me. Doubts may be justified, but the way you're posting this implies to me you treat these doubts as facts, which they aren't (yet). Cryptic has made a statement of what will happen when. You have doubts about its accuracy (which is fine). But don't treat it as fact until we're there.

It's clear you have no idea what I was even talking about so please refrain from speaking on matters of which you have no knowledge.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'Chiefs and sons of chiefs may speak the words, but the Evil One's tongue would surely turn to fire.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Like I said, no real world alliance in human history has ever been this "sharing", the closest is a "lend/lease" situation.
    actually that is completely incorrect. The Spanish have built Oliver hazard Perry class frigates, we have sold ours to several other nations, we built a couple for the Aussies who then built the rest there. Japan has built the Arleigh Burke class destroyers, as has Taiwan. there are a dozen more examples of other nations possessing USN and RN vessels as well as old USSR ships

but were they up to the same spec? Generally license-builds tend to be a down-spec just because of how complicated it is to move technical packages across borders, especially for classified systems.

even with really GOOD allied relationships.

Thing of it is, your examples also ignore something else; The designers/developers set up a situation. The Republic would HAVE to buy/lease ships from their allies, they don't have much infrastructure. so it makes sense that a Rommie captain might end up with a lend-lease or purchased foreign ship just because of the cost of logistics and the lack of (Functional) yards to support a purely domestic production, while the Dominion probably lost more yards than everyone else HAS to the Hur'q.

for the OHP,s yes they were built to the exact same specifications. they built 2 HMAS ships, then Thach, then anothe aussie, them McKlusky, and then the final aussie then when back to pump out the remaining FFGs built at Todd
    Spock.jpg

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Sorry, but you may well be right in content (and I am certainly not one to know), you are wrong in the approach. At least how it reads to me. Doubts may be justified, but the way you're posting this implies to me you treat these doubts as facts, which they aren't (yet). Cryptic has made a statement of what will happen when. You have doubts about its accuracy (which is fine). But don't treat it as fact until we're there.

It's clear you have no idea what I was even talking about so please refrain from speaking on matters of which you have no knowledge.

Nope, sorry, won't do.

To expand on this: I may very well completely have misunderstood what you were talking about, or may not have expressed myself well enough to bring my point across. However with the information given the same may apply to you: you may have completely missed my point. This statement at least isn't helpful in clearing anything up.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Nope, sorry, won't do.

To expand on this: I may very well completely have misunderstood what you were talking about, or may not have expressed myself well enough to bring my point across. However with the information given the same may apply to you: you may have completely missed my point. This statement at least isn't helpful in clearing anything up.

I can't state my point, it will be censored by the moderators.

Apologies if I came off the wrong way, I have no ill will toward you. I am afraid however, that only one view point is permitted here and if you disagree with that view point your only option is silence. My view point cannot be discussed here because of overzealous moderation. More then likely, even my reason for not being able to discuss it will be moderated as well.

Just how it goes here.. sorry man, I meant no disrespect toward you. You're not the one I have issue with, but sadly I can't discuss the issue on this board. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.