test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's Official, Anniversary Ends On The 21st.

Many, myself included, have been asking when the Anniversary Event ends as the blog says the 11th and the in-game calendar says the 21st. Now CrypticChrian one of the devs have weighed in over on reddit and it is officially the 21st that is the end date.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

tumblr_ozr2fm2as81qj6sk2o1_500.gif
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    It's been nice.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I noticed I just got to 880 ship tokens today. And I was like: wait I though I collected it every day! So, I figured the in game calendar was correct. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    tumblr_ozr2fm2as81qj6sk2o1_500.gif

IhiwoGl.gif?noredirect
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    It always felt like the Anniversary was shorter honestly, hence why we get 400 tokens for running a mission, which is almost half of the required tokens.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    It always felt like the Anniversary was shorter honestly, hence why we get 400 tokens for running a mission, which is almost half of the required tokens.

The anniversary event is shorter. it usually spans a month compared to a month an a half for the summer or winter events.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    @rattler2 I suppose it depends on whether @azrael605 means that all three events all have the same number of days, which they don't, or if they mean that each of them respectively have approximately the same number of days from one year to the next, which is indeed correct. Only STO have been known to change stuff, such as shortening the time of events such as Crystalline Catastrophe and then introduce a "buy out bundle" in the C-store. So I by no means for it certain that Anniversary would be as long as it usually am.
    For those that did, congratulation you were correct.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes, each Event (Summer, Winter, Anniversary, etc.) of its own has been roughly the same length every year. The point made above was that relative to Winter or Summer, Anniversary is shorter. Hence, the extra cushion of the 400 from the Episode(s).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    In rare cases of technical issues, the events have even been prolongued a day or two. (If you want to get very technical you could say they then have been shortened the next time around, but really, the event length is just that without the extra days). Same as TFO events always are 21 days for 14 tokens, summer and winter require a roughly 2/3rds of days to complete (not counting beating the 20h cooldown and doing it six times in five days).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin moonrisin Any chance that this thread could be deleted or closed? It's clearly superfluous and it's inspiring some TRIBBLE to be aggressive which I really don't need in my life right now. So um, thanks for being a grade A wanker.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Closed by request of OP. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.