test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DIS Enterprise - latest weekly stream, how will we get it?

Comments

• Options
    majorpain5majorpain5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Hey all! I've sent a formal request up to the developers on this matter but they like community support on things so here we are! The Constitution class starship is THE starship. The thing is there are only two T6 options. We have the no longer available R&D temporal light cruiser and we have the Kelvin heavy cruiser. Personally I like the Kelvin cruiser but in the 2 tears of trying to get it have only managed to get it for one of my characters. Now the point of this thread is to discuss the addition of another constitution class. Bigger, badder, better. First is time period. I'm thinking it can be based on how the enterprise appears in Star Trek Discovery. It would have 3 coices, the unique(discovery skin) , TOS skin, and the refit skin. These options would allow for customization and the bridge could be made to be a unique bridge, mix the original series bridge with the star trek online bridges. Size of the ship would be somewhere between the Galaxy and the crossfield. About the size of an ambassador class. Here's the specs I was thinking:

5 fore weapons
    3 aft weapons
    Can load cannons
    1 experimental weapon
    4 engineering consoles
    3 science consoles
    4 tactical consoles

1 commander universal command specialization
    1 commander engineering
    1 luitenant tactical
    1 luitenant science
    1 ensign engineering
    1 ensign tactical

Special console would be designed to maximize energy ships defense, purhapse hull strength, if hull reaches %25 it regenurates hull to 100% with a fair cool down maybe 5-10 minutes?

It would be a c-store addition for tier 6 or maybe they could include it in a lockbox to make the ship more rare?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Eh... kinda wonky honestly. Besides the Promo T6 Connie has a Commander and 3 Lt. Commander seats. No ship that I am familiar with has 6 seats. And you'd already have people ranting against the ensign seats.

Also as a cruiser, it wouldn't have access to an Experimental Weapon.

As for the Kelvin Connie and your only getting one... have you considered buying them off the Exchange? Shelling out the ECs would be a more sure way of getting one than chancing the Infinity Box.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    majorpain5 wrote: »
    We have the no longer available R&D temporal light cruiser

This is false. The temporal light cruiser is in fact still available. Search the exchange for "tier 6 ship" or "light cruiser" to see the ship itself. It also still drops from the R&D packs purchased during that event. Search the exchange for "promotion" to see hundreds of those packs.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    Literally already a thread on this. Threads merged.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Sorry, my specs were were kinda guessing throwing things out there. All I'm doing here is throwing the idea out 😂😂😂 and seriously, the amount of time it would take to build up 800 mil plus energy credits, by the time you actually get there it's not really worth it unless you can get that much in about a week or so. I did not know the r&d packs were still available I will have to look into that
  • Options
    I think the Kelvin Connie is more along the lines of 400 mil. 3-400 mil is the average for a fed or crossfaction T6 unless its highly desirable.

Next time you're on... try putting Timeline Heavy in the search bar. Should come up with the Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser. Also... right now's a pretty good time to work towards it with the Omega stuff. Selling Fragments can make some decent ECs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think the Kelvin Connie is more along the lines of 400 mil. 3-400 mil is the average for a fed or crossfaction T6 unless its highly desirable.

Next time you're on... try putting Timeline Heavy in the search bar. Should come up with the Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser. Also... right now's a pretty good time to work towards it with the Omega stuff. Selling Fragments can make some decent ECs.

Actually, the term you want to search for is "kelvin timeline starship". That is the choice pack that grants any of the 3 kelvin ships depending on your faction, and it actually sells for slightly less than the individual ships for some reason.

The same is true of the TOS connie. Searching for "23rd century tier 6 ship" gives you the choice pack that gives a ship depending on your faction, and it sells for less than those individual ships.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    I checked just last night the Kelvin Connie was running over 700 mil. Farming and all is great, but I do have an obligation to my fleet. As I am the founder of the fleet all dilithium and ec I get goes Into my fleet, I budget 1 mil for personal upgrades so large amounts of energy credits are not really an option, I will look for the temporal light cruiser tonight but considering that it's more rare than the Kelvin I would assume it is around the same ammount?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I checked just last night the Kelvin Connie was running over 700 mil.

People need to clarify what platform they are playing on, because the prices are very different. I can't speak for PS4, but I can confirm the Kelvin connie is currently selling for 430mil EC on PC (if you search for "kelvin timeline starship").

I will look for the temporal light cruiser tonight but considering that it's more rare than the Kelvin I would assume it is around the same ammount?

The temporal light cruiser is currently 1.2bil EC on PC (search for "23rd century tier 6 ship").

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Okay that actually helps a lot, I know the exchange prices can fluctuate quite a bit from time to time. Any tips on mining ec? I tend to sell purple and above items in the exchange for cheap to build fast
  • Options
    Okay that actually helps a lot, I know the exchange prices can fluctuate quite a bit from time to time. Any tips on mining ec? I tend to sell purple and above items in the exchange for cheap to build fast

Yes: don't mine EC. Instead,

1: grind dilithium

2: trade dilithium for zen

3: use zen to buy master keys or R&D promo packs (when available)

4: sell those items on the exchange for EC

5: use that EC to buy the ship you want on the exchange

This process has gotten me basically every lock box ship I've ever wanted. And if you are someone who has more money than time, you can skip steps 1 and 2 and just buy the zen with RL money.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Buy something for a million that you can sell for 2 million. Then buy something for 2 million that you can sell for 4 million. Then buy something for 4 million that you can sell for 8 million and on and on and on.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    To add to my previous post, this is how I do it. Let's say I want to buy the Kelvin timeline connie...

1: check price of lowest ship (in this case 430mil EC)

2: check price of master keys (in this case 4.1mil)

3: 430 / 4.1 = 104.8

4: this means I need 105 master keys and sell them on the exchange for 4.1mil each, which will give me enough EC to buy the ship I want.

As mentioned in my previous post, you have 2 options for getting enough zen to buy those keys. You can either grind the dil to trade for zen, or you can just buy the zen for $105. Or you can do a bit of both; whichever works for you.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Good advice I appreciate it! I will see about doing that tonight, I have the kelving for my main character who is a science but my tactical officer I want to get the TOS Connie look
  • Options
    Yeah I definitely messed up the seats, honestly I do t pay much attention to those maybe instead run .1 commander universal, command option. 1 commander engineering, 1 commander tactical, 1 engineering luitenant and 1 science luitenant? It is a cruiser but one universal would definitely allow for more flexibility which I feels the enterprise based ships should be the most flexible ships. I definitely would like to see a Connie that can load cannons that would be some awesome builds. Maybe not worth it though as cruisers do have large turn radius🤔
  • Options
    I also think if they do Borg ships they need to up the rest of the stuff too. Not everyone will want to play Borg ships, personally I like my federation cruisers I would be a bit bummed if the introduction of Borg ships made others somewhat obselite
  • Options
    We're not getting Borg ships.
    Anyone who's played Star Trek Legacy can agree that you get LOST trying to fly a cube or Sphere because you don't know which way you're traveling. And I believe the Devs have also said as much regarding the prospects of playable Borg ships in STO. There are literally only 2 ships that MIGHT be considered as they technically have a defined front, the Probe and the Type 3 (Coop Flagship). The rest... pretty much a no go.

Anyone who wants to fly a Borg ship... can honestly get the Omega set and use that in the visual slots for assimilated starship look. Probably as close as anyone will get to an actual Borg ship.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or get the Tal'Shiar Adapted ships.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Why wait? You can pretty much replicate the NON CANON Discovery Era alleged Enterprise now. Here is how. Hull: use the TOS hull , Interconnecting Dorsal :use the Constitution Refit , Saucer :TOS or the pilot one, Pylons : The Refir are very close except for not having the split down the middle , Nacelles : Sadly you can't put NX ones on it as those are close so stick with TOS or Exeters. Presto you have a non canon to the TOS timeline Discovery Enterprise. Yeah before you start if you EVER watched TOS The Cage/ Menagerie episode pay very close attention to the Enterprise in the flash backs/ or through the entire pilot episode you will see that Discovery version is NOT correct as the events take place just a very very short time before the Season closure.
  • Options
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Why wait? You can pretty much replicate the NON CANON Discovery Era alleged Enterprise now.

According to CBS... she's canon. And she has the name and registry number.
    Like it or not she exists.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    This is going to be the only time I will say this before the mod sword comes out. You don't have to like Discovery but like it or not the show exists. If folks want to debate the merits and finer points of the show, there are already existing threads for that, but this is not one of them. Finally Gatekeeping is not permitted on this forum. Keep the discussion related to the original post at hand.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    I am just saying a new constitution class for high ranking officers, that has a nice face lift and all it's buffs, consoles and weapons fit into the current endgame. Though there are some options they are not feasibly obtainable without putting lot of either money or effort Into the game. Even both. Building up 1 billion energy credits can easily take months, or the math says about 2-300 real dollars to sell enough master keys. An option that is lobi, c-store, or another type of store would be awesome. I think it would be even cooler if you could only get it through the fleet shipyard, helps promote fleets, insentive to pitch in for the fleet and you can go a little higher on some of it's buffs. It would also make it easier to add a unique design and ship size. As it is there are a lot of inconsistentcys with the star trek universe but star trek online always does a really good job at merging all of them with out going outside of cannon star trek. Honestly, the constitutions that we have are out dated, low level, in popular design or just way to difficult to actually get
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    With the Duty Officer Promotion giving a chance at a T6 Constitution we can just bet that a Discovery Constitution is just around the corner.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Yeah I just saw that promo. I'm happy to see that they at least offer the chance at those ships still. Personally I am really happy with the discovery enterprise. There was artistic license taken for sure but honestly, it wouldn't have worked if the just dropped the original enterprise into the series, star trek needs a face lift to be successful this time and that enterprise looks bad a** in my opinion. Star trek online can definitely use some more ships too, there haven't been that many added for a little while but with discovery and the Picard series I think we will be getting a lot of additional ships this year. I think the Picard series with introduce the Borg as a much bigger threat than before, which would open the door for some awesome, powerful ships . It'd be cool to have a new version of the original enterprise kick all of it off in sto
  • Options
    I see one of two things happening.
    • Update to the existing Connies (possible inclusion of new skin for T1 Connie as well)
    • New variant similar to how the T6 Bugship and Sheshar Dread was handled.
  • Options
    There is a lot of good information for getting energy credits yes however, when youre working a full time job at 80 hours a week, only having a few hours a week to spend Into the game, it's a lot of time to farm for the ec, especially when process will go up as things become more rare. I'm not saying it isn't doable just simply would take most of the feetime I have to put into the game, or at least a good chunk of it. I'm not at all saying that the other Connie's are impossible, useless or even too expensive. I'm saying the average player isn't going to want to put that effort in, and if they do they typically want things quickly which would mean dumping a lot of really money into the game to get there quickly. This thread is not a discussion on the current option it's a discussion on a new option. EsentEssenta retrofit of the Connie class. Where it would be available and how. The specs of it etc. I'm already looking into farming the ec for the TOS t6. But that is the only current option other than the Kelvin .This is it'd be cool if we had another, maybe more easily obtained option. Maybe not more easily obtained idk. But a new, improved better option
This discussion has been closed.