test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dial back the enemy torpedo damage!

245

Comments

  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,428 Arc User
    Noticed that with Tholians esp in Azure Nebula and CCA makes me envious that I don't have Tet's as good as there's. Dam these man TRIBBLE of mine :).
    Don't forgot Tholian torps are nasty as well, is it electrical damage they do or does it register as kinetic ?
    I've never seen it register as electrical
    Yeah Thermionic torpedoes are Kinetic. They just do special stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • powskierpowskier Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    This is the 3rd day I've failed to even get to round 3 on the first try of kobay. The npcs literally OHKO with torpedos. All the healing in the world doesn't help if you get hit for 144,000 damage from one torpedo. All the previous times the kobay event was around I had no trouble getting to wave 5 at least, but ever since VIL and the cap was raised to 65 it has been like this.
    Please fix this, it is not fun in the least.


    i would prefer to keep my Torpedo doing that kind of damage.. My tri-lithium launcher can pop 200 k in one shot..not super op..npcs have enough hit points to take it on adv/though its a nice kill shot sometimes


    srry op/maybe less aggro skills or console can help..they all dont have to shoot at just you
  • powskierpowskier Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    .[/quote]

    That's all well and good well, but if you get the kinetic bug, none of that matters when you take 150k damage in one salvo at 75% resist THROUGH shields. In which case, you need be running an immune or three. I get the feeling the complaints of overpowered torp damage is from the bug and not so much general tactics used against torps. [/quote]

    is it a bug??? we have powers that knock shields offline,and let torpedoes by pass shields totally.

    maybe the enemy is just clickin' a warhead booster:)?

  • tigeria#8677 tigeria Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I made it to round 6 severel times dont recall torps hitting me.. even w aggro, or may remember wrong.... but as comparison, the Unimatrix uber torpedo, in RA Borg, hits for over 200 k dmg.. (or my ship was a fail).. the shockwave from Crystal does between 130-200 easy...
    - Tiger
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,428 Arc User
    Unimatrix bolts are designed to one-shot you if they hit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited January 26
    To continue this why do NPC torpedo hits have to crit ?. Why does a torp spread or salvo have to have every torpedo hit you for over 22k and upwards ?. 22k being the lower end of the scale

    Players need to be able to generate those numbers as a NPC like a Borg Sphere on Advanced with a hull around 720k is only going to lose 88k hull if all torps from spread 3 hit for 22k x4 (if spread 3 hits four times ?) that's only 8% of its hull.

    Now a player in a Sci ship or Escort whose average hull is between 69-79k isn't always going to survive those hits even with full shields. That's one of the things when this "bug" occurs people are seeing, going from full health to instant death even with respectable resistant to kinetic damage.

    Having immunities and hitting brace for impact aren't always the answer as torpedo animations don't always work so you only know you've been hit by such a thing when you go boom

    So why are NPC's capable of ridiculous critical hits from single torpedo's not savlo's or spreads that in some cases exceed the hull of a player ?.


    Post edited by ussvaliant#6064 on
    maR4zDV.jpg

    Working in Customer Services is a lot like a Michael Bay or J J Abrams film. The story is all over the place, its contradicts its own continuity, it can be hours of mindless entertainment or boring subplot, with lots of noise, explosions and action, and is something you don't fancy viewing for a 2nd time 🤣🙉🤭
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,428 Arc User
    players CAN get some stupid numbers on kinetic damage too.

    and that's not even top tier damage.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • niuchacz#7208 niuchacz Member Posts: 13 New User
    Yesterday in my random pug for planet killer tfo, I was getting hit by this 140+k critical damage few times in a row. It was so annoying. I've no idea why does it happen. Already was about to quit the game in this evening because that was ruining the fun from playing. Like, 140k damage, really? Is it normal at normal difficulty random pug tfo?
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Yesterday in my random pug for planet killer tfo, I was getting hit by this 140+k critical damage few times in a row. It was so annoying. I've no idea why does it happen. Already was about to quit the game in this evening because that was ruining the fun from playing. Like, 140k damage, really? Is it normal at normal difficulty random pug tfo?

    dont get hit by targetable plasma torpedos. you could actually shoot them down to avoid them. so if you get hit by them it might be your own fault ;)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 742 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    Yesterday in my random pug for planet killer tfo, I was getting hit by this 140+k critical damage few times in a row. It was so annoying. I've no idea why does it happen. Already was about to quit the game in this evening because that was ruining the fun from playing. Like, 140k damage, really? Is it normal at normal difficulty random pug tfo?

    dont get hit by targetable plasma torpedos. you could actually shoot them down to avoid them. so if you get hit by them it might be your own fault ;)

    Even though it may be a Swinging Johnson move, I get a chuckle out of seeing a destructible torpedo pop up, then zoom away from me, towards another ship thanks to Evade Target Lock.
  • foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    5th time today I've tried, the maru flies right into the enemies and boom. This is by far the dumbest event.

    Sounds like me trying to do Para Pacem and continually respawning on top of the enemy ships and not a safe distance away.

  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,428 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    felisean wrote: »
    Yesterday in my random pug for planet killer tfo, I was getting hit by this 140+k critical damage few times in a row. It was so annoying. I've no idea why does it happen. Already was about to quit the game in this evening because that was ruining the fun from playing. Like, 140k damage, really? Is it normal at normal difficulty random pug tfo?
    dont get hit by targetable plasma torpedos. you could actually shoot them down to avoid them. so if you get hit by them it might be your own fault ;)
    Even though it may be a Swinging Johnson move, I get a chuckle out of seeing a destructible torpedo pop up, then zoom away from me, towards another ship thanks to Evade Target Lock.
    I sometimes use Kinetic magnet. Forcing the opponent to hit themself in the face is fun!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 720 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    Yesterday in my random pug for planet killer tfo, I was getting hit by this 140+k critical damage few times in a row. It was so annoying. I've no idea why does it happen. Already was about to quit the game in this evening because that was ruining the fun from playing. Like, 140k damage, really? Is it normal at normal difficulty random pug tfo?

    dont get hit by targetable plasma torpedos. you could actually shoot them down to avoid them. so if you get hit by them it might be your own fault ;)

    Explain to me then why having 61% kinetic resistance in ship stats and using Brace for impact/Hazard emitters and Aux to Sif (all give damage resistance ratings) and Emergency power to shields do not mean survival if the Tzenkethi or even Terrans fire at you. The BOP's in Starbase 1 will tear you a new one if the bug crops up and they fire torps with impunity. Not everyone has access to the Invincible starship mastery trait many of the high end dps players run with.


    Also targetable torpedo's had a major boost a little while ago, they are no longer affected by gravity well or control powers and have high defense where even targeting them rather than spamming fire at will can generate miss miss miss oh TRIBBLE it impacted on my ship.

    Its not the player at fault here there is a considerable miss balance with kinetic damage with Level 65 scaled enemies.

    Which brings me back to my previous post as to why do NPC's need to do critical hits that exceed player hulls and shields combined ?. Its just cheap game mechanics allowing NPC's other than a Boss to vape you. I play PvE not PvP so the feeling of getting ganking by NPC's gets frustrating when you have put the effort into resists.


    maR4zDV.jpg

    Working in Customer Services is a lot like a Michael Bay or J J Abrams film. The story is all over the place, its contradicts its own continuity, it can be hours of mindless entertainment or boring subplot, with lots of noise, explosions and action, and is something you don't fancy viewing for a 2nd time 🤣🙉🤭
  • niuchacz#7208 niuchacz Member Posts: 13 New User
    "dont get hit by targetable plasma torpedos" - noted, thx, just sometimes they hit when the boff abilities are on cooldown :).

    I also noted there is something doing even greater damage, yesterday the Borg Vessel Nine of Ten Unimatrix 0047 dealt 463543 (722408) Kinetic Damage to me with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion, I was also hit by Sphere's Plasma Torpedo 23k damage. Because I was unlucky to be very close to Borg ship it seems it was destroyed in the moment I died, by it's own weapon :).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,428 Arc User
    edited January 27
    I also noted there is something doing even greater damage, yesterday the Borg Vessel Nine of Ten Unimatrix 0047 dealt 463543 (722408) Kinetic Damage to me with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion,
    You're talking about the big green energy balls they fire. Those are supposed to be effectively unsurvivable if they hit.

    There's actually quite a lot of ways to kill seekers since you have abilities like TBR, and photonic shockwave, but also you now have the ability to use unstable warp bubble to make them unable to launch. Maybe, the bubble might only prevent them from launching pets.
    Post edited by markhawkman on
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    Yesterday in my random pug for planet killer tfo, I was getting hit by this 140+k critical damage few times in a row. It was so annoying. I've no idea why does it happen. Already was about to quit the game in this evening because that was ruining the fun from playing. Like, 140k damage, really? Is it normal at normal difficulty random pug tfo?

    dont get hit by targetable plasma torpedos. you could actually shoot them down to avoid them. so if you get hit by them it might be your own fault ;)

    Explain to me then why having 61% kinetic resistance in ship stats and using Brace for impact/Hazard emitters and Aux to Sif (all give damage resistance ratings) and Emergency power to shields do not mean survival if the Tzenkethi or even Terrans fire at you. The BOP's in Starbase 1 will tear you a new one if the bug crops up and they fire torps with impunity. Not everyone has access to the Invincible starship mastery trait many of the high end dps players run with.


    Also targetable torpedo's had a major boost a little while ago, they are no longer affected by gravity well or control powers and have high defense where even targeting them rather than spamming fire at will can generate miss miss miss oh TRIBBLE it impacted on my ship.

    Its not the player at fault here there is a considerable miss balance with kinetic damage with Level 65 scaled enemies.

    Which brings me back to my previous post as to why do NPC's need to do critical hits that exceed player hulls and shields combined ?. Its just cheap game mechanics allowing NPC's other than a Boss to vape you. I play PvE not PvP so the feeling of getting ganking by NPC's gets frustrating when you have put the effort into resists.


    dont know, but i'm not using invincible for quite some time now. and yes if 10 ships fire torp spreads/hy or so at you, you're supposed to die.
    for the tzenkethi, kinetic resistance doesnt help if you get hit by a energy torpedo. but if you stay at the side of an enemy, they cant hit you with their torpedo till they turn so there are ways to handle that.

    and since not all players have problem with the lvl 65 enemies just means that its most likely more a problem on your side. just adept try to adept to it ;)
    and to be fair, i havent seen 1 torpedo killing you with a onehit beside the big balls of doom which are intended to do something like that

    "dont get hit by targetable plasma torpedos" - noted, thx, just sometimes they hit when the boff abilities are on cooldown :).

    I also noted there is something doing even greater damage, yesterday the Borg Vessel Nine of Ten Unimatrix 0047 dealt 463543 (722408) Kinetic Damage to me with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion, I was also hit by Sphere's Plasma Torpedo 23k damage. Because I was unlucky to be very close to Borg ship it seems it was destroyed in the moment I died, by it's own weapon :).

    even a bigger targetable torpedo basically.. if you get hit by a huge ball of death its intended that you die. same with getting hit by the lance from the unimatrix vessels.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited January 27
    felisean wrote: »
    and since not all players have problem with the lvl 65 enemies just means that its most likely more a problem on your side. just adept try to adept to it ;)
    and to be fair, i havent seen 1 torpedo killing you with a onehit beside the big balls of doom which are intended to do something like that

    I never had issues with any level 60 content pre-vil and ran with less than 24% damage resists and unless it was a group i could take on most things.

    Pre-Vil i'm running with resistances double and more to what I used to, and not every time, it is intermittent get smashed by a torp salvo or spread through full health and shields.

    I'm not questioning the high yield torpedo's, the Borg ones have always hit pretty hard and the ones from the Unimatrix ships in Hive and Borg Red Alert have always 1 shot a player so those are not an issue in fact the standard high yield cubes shoot at you are hit and miss they can do considerable damage or they just explode on you and do no damage at all.

    Its normal torpedo's that seem to be causing the issue and I consistently get hit in the low regions of 20k's but averages around 30k's per hit.

    Take Starbase 1 I can be hit by 3-4 BOPs firing a spread at me and not see my shields drop, another time they can fire i'm dead. So its intermittent this spike kinetic damage but it is def there.

    On another note you may not notice it as most NPC's die before you before they even know you are on the map but Cure Space. The Borg raptors that spawn after killing an upper nanite, just their energy weapons alone are hitting consistently against shields and hull for 8k.



    maR4zDV.jpg

    Working in Customer Services is a lot like a Michael Bay or J J Abrams film. The story is all over the place, its contradicts its own continuity, it can be hours of mindless entertainment or boring subplot, with lots of noise, explosions and action, and is something you don't fancy viewing for a 2nd time 🤣🙉🤭
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 9,190 Arc User
    > @ussvaliant#6064 said:
    > felisean wrote: »
    >
    > and since not all players have problem with the lvl 65 enemies just means that its most likely more a problem on your side. just adept try to adept to it ;)
    > and to be fair, i havent seen 1 torpedo killing you with a onehit beside the big balls of doom which are intended to do something like that
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I never had issues with any level 60 content pre-vil and ran with less than 24% damage resists and unless it was a group i could take on most things.
    >
    > Pre-Vil i'm running with resistances double and more to what I used to, and not every time, it is intermittent get smashed by a torp salvo or spread through full health and shields.
    >
    > I'm not questioning the high yield torpedo's, the Borg ones have always hit pretty hard and the ones from the Unimatrix ships in Hive and Borg Red Alert have always 1 shot a player so those are not an issue in fact the standard high yield cubes shoot at you are hit and miss they can do considerable damage or they just explode on you and do no damage at all.
    >
    > Its normal torpedo's that seem to be causing the issue and I consistently get hit in the low regions of 20k's but averages around 30k's per hit.
    >
    > Take Starbase 1 I can be hit by 3-4 BOPs firing a spread at me and not see my shields drop, another time they can fire i'm dead. So its intermittent this spike kinetic damage but it is def there.
    >
    > On another note you may not notice it as most NPC's die before you before they even know you are on the map but Cure Space. The Borg raptors that spawn after killing an upper nanite, just their energy weapons alone are hitting consistently against shields and hull for 8k.

    In the last week I have run Cure Space 6 times, Starbase 1 about 5 times, and numerous other TFOs a few times each. In none of these have I even been killed once.
    #IStandWithCBS
    #Discoveryrocks
    #ArrestCardiB
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 2,652 Arc User
    edited January 27
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @ussvaliant#6064 said:
    > felisean wrote: »
    >
    > and since not all players have problem with the lvl 65 enemies just means that its most likely more a problem on your side. just adept try to adept to it ;)
    > and to be fair, i havent seen 1 torpedo killing you with a onehit beside the big balls of doom which are intended to do something like that
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I never had issues with any level 60 content pre-vil and ran with less than 24% damage resists and unless it was a group i could take on most things.
    >
    > Pre-Vil i'm running with resistances double and more to what I used to, and not every time, it is intermittent get smashed by a torp salvo or spread through full health and shields.
    >
    > I'm not questioning the high yield torpedo's, the Borg ones have always hit pretty hard and the ones from the Unimatrix ships in Hive and Borg Red Alert have always 1 shot a player so those are not an issue in fact the standard high yield cubes shoot at you are hit and miss they can do considerable damage or they just explode on you and do no damage at all.
    >
    > Its normal torpedo's that seem to be causing the issue and I consistently get hit in the low regions of 20k's but averages around 30k's per hit.
    >
    > Take Starbase 1 I can be hit by 3-4 BOPs firing a spread at me and not see my shields drop, another time they can fire i'm dead. So its intermittent this spike kinetic damage but it is def there.
    >
    > On another note you may not notice it as most NPC's die before you before they even know you are on the map but Cure Space. The Borg raptors that spawn after killing an upper nanite, just their energy weapons alone are hitting consistently against shields and hull for 8k.

    In the last week I have run Cure Space 6 times, Starbase 1 about 5 times, and numerous other TFOs a few times each. In none of these have I even been killed once.
    That's because your sample size is to small. The bug is real and triples or quadruples damage over what it should be to the point of 1 shot killing. You can be in a fully tanked Dreadnaught and die in 1 shot. I have also seen the bug in my own damage where my shots are hitting for 400% higher then they should be to the point of hitting for 100k and 200k+ none critical and that is not by resistance debuffs.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I died during a ground TFO... Cause: TORPEDO DAMAGE - as the damage log registered. I got hit by a torp on ground... Torpedoes are a strange mystery in this game.
  • luckyyahooluckyyahoo Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    yes, please address this. I've seen waves of torpedo hits at 100k dmg. Like 3-5 of them. No one can resist that.

    Multiple players have complained about this, there is something wrong with the way torpedo damage scaled when the game transitioned to 65....
    [email protected], U.S.S. Rocinante, Access Denied Fleet
    STO fauna enthusiast/Joker extraordinaire
    Vote Nanov 2016!
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 9,190 Arc User
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @ussvaliant#6064 said:
    > > felisean wrote: »
    > >
    > > and since not all players have problem with the lvl 65 enemies just means that its most likely more a problem on your side. just adept try to adept to it ;)
    > > and to be fair, i havent seen 1 torpedo killing you with a onehit beside the big balls of doom which are intended to do something like that
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I never had issues with any level 60 content pre-vil and ran with less than 24% damage resists and unless it was a group i could take on most things.
    > >
    > > Pre-Vil i'm running with resistances double and more to what I used to, and not every time, it is intermittent get smashed by a torp salvo or spread through full health and shields.
    > >
    > > I'm not questioning the high yield torpedo's, the Borg ones have always hit pretty hard and the ones from the Unimatrix ships in Hive and Borg Red Alert have always 1 shot a player so those are not an issue in fact the standard high yield cubes shoot at you are hit and miss they can do considerable damage or they just explode on you and do no damage at all.
    > >
    > > Its normal torpedo's that seem to be causing the issue and I consistently get hit in the low regions of 20k's but averages around 30k's per hit.
    > >
    > > Take Starbase 1 I can be hit by 3-4 BOPs firing a spread at me and not see my shields drop, another time they can fire i'm dead. So its intermittent this spike kinetic damage but it is def there.
    > >
    > > On another note you may not notice it as most NPC's die before you before they even know you are on the map but Cure Space. The Borg raptors that spawn after killing an upper nanite, just their energy weapons alone are hitting consistently against shields and hull for 8k.
    >
    > In the last week I have run Cure Space 6 times, Starbase 1 about 5 times, and numerous other TFOs a few times each. In none of these have I even been killed once.
    >
    >
    >
    > That's because your sample size is to small. The bug is real and triples or quadruples damage over what it should be to the point of 1 shot killing. You can be in a fully tanked Dreadnaught and die in 1 shot. I have also seen the bug in my own damage where my shots are hitting for 400% higher then they should be to the point of hitting for 100k and 200k+ none critical and that is not by resistance debuffs.

    You haven't been paying attention. I have been hunting for this bug for months, I want to see it. The missions I just listed? That was 2 days last week, I've been running RTFOs as much as possible on my Jem working on Gamma Recruit stuff, but I have been quite literally jumping into everything I can for months trying to see this happen. So far I have not been successful. Not saying I never die, but no one shots, no instantly dead at full hull/shields, haven't even run across invisitorps (I miss them).
    #IStandWithCBS
    #Discoveryrocks
    #ArrestCardiB
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    I've experienced literal millions of damage in Counterstrike lately too.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

    This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 742 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »
    I died during a ground TFO... Cause: TORPEDO DAMAGE - as the damage log registered. I got hit by a torp on ground... Torpedoes are a strange mystery in this game.

    HA! You must've really angered someone above, if they were able to lock onto you from up high, and slap the Snoopy Hand on you with a torpedo shot. I would've paid in good latinum and women to see the scene where a torpedo pancaked you.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 2,652 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @ussvaliant#6064 said:
    > > felisean wrote: »
    > >
    > > and since not all players have problem with the lvl 65 enemies just means that its most likely more a problem on your side. just adept try to adept to it ;)
    > > and to be fair, i havent seen 1 torpedo killing you with a onehit beside the big balls of doom which are intended to do something like that
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I never had issues with any level 60 content pre-vil and ran with less than 24% damage resists and unless it was a group i could take on most things.
    > >
    > > Pre-Vil i'm running with resistances double and more to what I used to, and not every time, it is intermittent get smashed by a torp salvo or spread through full health and shields.
    > >
    > > I'm not questioning the high yield torpedo's, the Borg ones have always hit pretty hard and the ones from the Unimatrix ships in Hive and Borg Red Alert have always 1 shot a player so those are not an issue in fact the standard high yield cubes shoot at you are hit and miss they can do considerable damage or they just explode on you and do no damage at all.
    > >
    > > Its normal torpedo's that seem to be causing the issue and I consistently get hit in the low regions of 20k's but averages around 30k's per hit.
    > >
    > > Take Starbase 1 I can be hit by 3-4 BOPs firing a spread at me and not see my shields drop, another time they can fire i'm dead. So its intermittent this spike kinetic damage but it is def there.
    > >
    > > On another note you may not notice it as most NPC's die before you before they even know you are on the map but Cure Space. The Borg raptors that spawn after killing an upper nanite, just their energy weapons alone are hitting consistently against shields and hull for 8k.
    >
    > In the last week I have run Cure Space 6 times, Starbase 1 about 5 times, and numerous other TFOs a few times each. In none of these have I even been killed once.
    >
    >
    >
    > That's because your sample size is to small. The bug is real and triples or quadruples damage over what it should be to the point of 1 shot killing. You can be in a fully tanked Dreadnaught and die in 1 shot. I have also seen the bug in my own damage where my shots are hitting for 400% higher then they should be to the point of hitting for 100k and 200k+ none critical and that is not by resistance debuffs.

    You haven't been paying attention. I have been hunting for this bug for months, I want to see it. The missions I just listed? That was 2 days last week, I've been running RTFOs as much as possible on my Jem working on Gamma Recruit stuff, but I have been quite literally jumping into everything I can for months trying to see this happen. So far I have not been successful. Not saying I never die, but no one shots, no instantly dead at full hull/shields, haven't even run across invisitorps (I miss them).
    There is a random element to it but it only took me 4 or 5 runs the last few times I searched for it. What I did was take a mostly unbuffed Tricobalt mine around 30k base damage dropped it point blank next to cubes in ISA and when the damage hit them and me together it would every so often hit for 100k+ without a critical. I also had the same experience with the Gravimetric torpedo high yield 1 around about 30k base damage I think it was. It did at point blank 258,428 and 255k none critical in a tank Dreadnaught Carrier as an Engineer to the Borg and myself. My resistance where stacked up past 60% so I don't understand how without buffs it went from 30k to 255k none critical killing me.

    Oddly that high yield blow my ship up but nothing was recorded in combat log as a death.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    casualsto wrote: »
    I died during a ground TFO... Cause: TORPEDO DAMAGE - as the damage log registered. I got hit by a torp on ground... Torpedoes are a strange mystery in this game.

    HA! You must've really angered someone above, if they were able to lock onto you from up high, and slap the Snoopy Hand on you with a torpedo shot. I would've paid in good latinum and women to see the scene where a torpedo pancaked you.

    Welcome to the world of kinetics and sudden death in STO. Luckily a torp didn't crash through ESD yet... Torpedoes, torpedoes everywhere, hitting for six digits. And when our torps hit npcs, they're like paper planes.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    I also noted there is something doing even greater damage, yesterday the Borg Vessel Nine of Ten Unimatrix 0047 dealt 463543 (722408) Kinetic Damage to me with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion


    Like other people have said, you are not supposed to survive that. That one's auto-kill is intentional. It is the weapon used by V'ger in 'The Motion Picture'. On-screen, it was shown to one-hit kill starships.

    You can get one of them, too. It is available in the Omega Reputation. Using High Yield on the Omega Plasma Torpedo will generate a smaller version of that energy bolt. It will use the same derezzing death animation on your targets.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,171 Arc User
    It wasn't exactly intended as a weapon but does work like one, it was like a scanner to store information on the object which also causes it to be destroyed afterwards.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    1. you could kill yourself with your own targetable torpedos.
    2. even in counterpoint you could get hit killed by torpedos, yes. its normaly a torpedospread or more while other shooting at you too or the torpedo point defense system, that one fires a lot of torpedos at you and could hit in sum pretty hard ;)
    3. the only torpedo instant kills i ever noticed are those plasma hy. even tho, quantum torpedo salvos/spreads could hit pretty hard too
    4. if you think there is a problem, use /combatlog 1, record all the things you're doing. than you could find out what hit and killed you if you really want to and/or you could show us.
    without some more informations beside "i got killed by torpedos" its pretty difficult to track down the issue at all
Sign In or Register to comment.