test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Share your moment of stupidity

2»

Comments

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Among other resource snafus - buying outfits for alts that can't use them, like the Lobi-Tholian robes for my Orion female, 2017 snow suits for my Jem Hadars, etc. :s
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I once bought a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship for only 15m, I guess the seller accidentally left off two 0's.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Omega Particle collection....in Space instead of on Ground.
    On the Ferengi, Transwarped to K-7 and hit the Transwarp back to Q on ESD before figuring it out.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I wanted to run the antiproton damage endeavor on one of my chars who didn't have any antiproton weapon. I didn't want to spend money on the exchange, and the char had the obelisk carrier from "some event" in the dry dock and i remembered it came equipped with antiprotons - so to save some EC, i pulled the carrier out of the dock, deleted it and went to the event reputation reclaim to get it again, with the antiprotons equipped.

...then i remembered that the event ship reclaim wasn't always a feature and that the obelisk was released before that.

BTW: After that i was so embarassed that i never made that AP endeavour either.
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I wanted to run the antiproton damage endeavor on one of my chars who didn't have any antiproton weapon. I didn't want to spend money on the exchange, and the char had the obelisk carrier from "some event" in the dry dock and i remembered it came equipped with antiprotons - so to save some EC, i pulled the carrier out of the dock, deleted it and went to the event reputation reclaim to get it again, with the antiprotons equipped.

...then i remembered that the event ship reclaim wasn't always a feature and that the obelisk was released before that.

We do have account unlocks for weapons derived from the Crystalline Entity. It's only 2, but a torpedo and beam array.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Not realizing the winter event ship unlocked for the account when ONE captain finished the project and starting it on multiple characters.

On the bright side, I was really good at that race by the end of the event.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I got the the gamma rep to T6, got the phaser omni, and used the ultimate tech upgrade to max it out.
    In the moment right after I clicked on the upgrade button I remembered that I can't use it together with the trilithium enhanced omni which I got to MK15 UR during the last upgrading event. :'(

We do have account unlocks for weapons derived from the Crystalline Entity. It's only 2, but a torpedo and beam array.

I'm pretty sure the torp wasn't added to the reclaim store though, it's only the beam/DHC iirc. The stuff from other runs ended up in the phoenix box.
  • powskierpowskier Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »
    Lockboxes is my act of stupidity. I bought 35 keys and didn't get anything better than rare. Never again

only 35 haha>200 boxes .1 ship t6>biggest loser winner!
  • powskierpowskier Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I bought rep items my characters already had on a ship in the shipyard..more than once

entering a Que without ship boff powers slotted on the hot bar ..yea I been there a few times

lvling up rep set items> just in 'Hope' they are good to use..so much dil and marks wasted

***Buying an EV suit from the dil store /oi (new players maybe should get one as default/I had no isea where to get one when I was new) 85k dil?if i remember right ..my fault or not,still big TRIBBLE bonehead move

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, I don't make mistakes posting stuff/ships on the Exchange as I always verify the number of zeroes and then the significant digits before I post.

I do have a few redundant Reputation items on a couple of Characters as at the time I didn't remember that Character already have it. A few were deliberate from back in the day before Loadouts.

One day I was buying a few Discovery Kit Modules. I sort ascending per item. The top item was 115 Modules. Below was one with four. I clicked on that but the click did not register so I ended up buying the 115 pile. I still have that pile.

The biggest, but sort of moot at this point, is my Jem'Hadar Gamma Recruit. I bought the Vanguard Pack and created the Recruit. A few weeks after I created the Character, I was seeing Forum Posts helping others stating that three Reputations were complete, one full one half Specialization, etc.

I knew I had two Reps, two half Specs. Then someone said I created a regular Jem'Hadar not a Vanguard. I hadn't realized there were two types and I created the lesser type. Well an extra 625 Nakura Marks and 15 passes of the XP bar.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Spending $200.00 on the special edition of STO on Amazon to get the red matter capacitor, only to have them introduce the Phoenix Box a few months later. >:)
  • drsid#3032 drsid Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Dropping real money on this game to convert to dil, upgrade my embassy consoles to epic only for Cryptic to nerf the consoles 2 days later without notice and saying oh we forgot to put it in the patch notes.

Moral of the story there is despite giving money to purchase things in the this game you are still subject to the Dev Team making whatever changes they feel like doing as per the terms of service so don't spend real money
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I've missolded a few things in the past, cheaper than they should of been. i should of regretted it more but money has never had a hold on me and i could claw it all back at another point which i did. no great loss there.

A few questionable things on this forum in the past, most notably that stupid comment from a few years ago, i think it was mid-2016 trying to urge people to stop and look at their own actions. I'm fairly certain that comment was deleted even though i haven't gone back to check since. These things happen so i moved on.

That just about covers it for STO over the years.
    Dropping real money on this game to convert to dil, upgrade my embassy consoles to epic only for Cryptic to nerf the consoles 2 days later without notice and saying oh we forgot to put it in the patch notes.

Moral of the story there is despite giving money to purchase things in the this game you are still subject to the Dev Team making whatever changes they feel like doing as per the terms of service so don't spend real money

That isn't a moment of stupidty, that is just rotten luck it happened that way.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    also plasma exploders are still good, just not AS good.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Omega Particle collection....in Space instead of on Ground.

I am destined to do this every single character at least one location.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Back many, many years ago i opened a Plasmonic Leech box on my main toon....when I already had one on that toon and meant it for another guy. This was when they were 100's of millions of EC.. :s
    SulMatuul.png
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Back many, many years ago i opened a Plasmonic Leech box on my main toon....when I already had one on that toon and meant it for another guy. This was when they were 100's of millions of EC.. :s

Aaaah, been there, done that ... very exact thing. I do think it was down to about 50M though.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Ok stupidity or just misunderstanding ?. I have a male KDF aligned Romulan as you know they can use female KDF boffs. I just parted with 100 Lobi to purchase the warriors skirt and to my chagrin find I cannot use it. doh !
    Oh well lets try to get something back by selling it on exchange for some ec
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    When I first started playing back in 2012, I found out you could use dilithium to buy weapons. Should have saved that.

I was trying to acquire both the Remen and Romulan space sets, but ended up duplicating some pieces.

Upgrading things before realizing the upgrade weekend was a week later.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Throwing Mk X Rep stuff away two days before they announced Upgrades.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    List of my moments of stupidity:

Good winner or bad winning.
    -Use box of reputation in a reputation that I don't need to invest in.
    -Buy same reputation gear twice.
    -Take the wrong reward from an episode mission.
    -Do the entire mission perfectly but forget I was here for a specific accolade/doff/boff officer.

The skill can sometime counter the stupidity... sometimes.
    -Forget to equip EV on my boffs and finish the mission without.
    -Have equiped the wrong vs energy shield.
    -Forget to slot Boffs officers in stations "You are all dismissised give me full commands now!"
    -Forget to equip some weapons or consoles when change of ship "an half ship is still a ship."

The time is relative of the stupidly.
    -forget to equip a warp drive and insist anyway to reach the other system, "gnnn!"
    -hit accidentally the forward move while in an automatic pathfinding then discover several minutes later our ship at the other edge of the galaxy.
    -Transwarp to our current system "this planet look familiar".
    -get to the system wolf359 then notice the mistake, so leave the system, get closer to the earth then accidentally warp into the alpha quadrant, then come back and finaly reach ESD while I wanted to go in the academy, at the beginning.
    -We can do the same with DS9/Bajor/quadrant gamma and the OPS of DS9 instead of the main level.
    -Get out the Dilithium fleet mine while I just wanted to interact with the doffs mission giver.

The bad trader and the good trader.
    -forget the price to enter is the total price not the unity price...
    -forget a zero.
    -Buy wrong or useless to our faction things.
This discussion has been closed.