test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[STOPC] Ninth Anniversary Events!

Comments

• voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I was reading in one of the threads....they were saying the project you are buying the Vouchers for needs to be slotted before they show up. Try that. :) Good Luck.

It's exactly this... and that solves a year-long mystery for me. I'm glad it took until now, though, since it meant I didn't spend all that lobi before the 50% sale.
  • anticlayanticlay Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I wonder, since I'm doing the omega daily for all of my characters will my vouchers I collect be useable for next years, since this years vouchers work for previous years? Just curious
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    anticlay wrote: »
    I wonder, since I'm doing the omega daily for all of my characters will my vouchers I collect be useable for next years, since this years vouchers work for previous years? Just curious

No.

New vouchers on old projects work. Old vouchers on new projects will not.

It was a change they made a few years ago once they realized that many of us (yes, I was one of them) would hoard the vouchers so that when next year rolled around, we wouldn't need to run the event, but still get the ship. This way it "encourages" participation every year.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    LOL! I spent the weekend collecting Jr. Officer tokens at the Academy....and somehow, forgot how to work that Omega mini game, again.

I was regularly hitting 2000 points and collecting Blue and Purple fragments along with the other colors before the weekend. Now, I am back to the drawing board. LOL!

So, far my best score is 2500...which I hit 4 times. :)
    (Yes, in total...through out this entire Anniversary Event, so far.)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    iamynaught wrote: »
    anticlay wrote: »

No.

New vouchers on old projects work. Old vouchers on new projects will not.

It was a change they made a few years ago once they realized that many of us (yes, I was one of them) would hoard the vouchers so that when next year rolled around, we wouldn't need to run the event, but still get the ship. This way it "encourages" participation every year.

Thats what I figured. Between 10 plus characters I'll be at about 500 a character by the time the events done. too bad the vouchers can't be traded in for things. Oh well..
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Once you get the ship, it should open up a daily mark conversion project. 40 vouchers for 40 marks, but again, it's a daily (every 20 hours) thing. So some of the vouchers can be put to use at least.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Once you get the ship, it should open up a daily mark conversion project. 40 vouchers for 40 marks, but again, it's a daily (every 20 hours) thing. So some of the vouchers can be put to use at least.

Awesome, so similar to the Winter event then.. Sweet.. thank you.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    They're on the second level.

There was a time there was none found on the second level, but the scanner lead me to Quark's Bar hidden away near the dart board. I couldn't help but throw a dart at the board and speak to Morn on the way. :)
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Due to the login issues of the last few days, we will be extending the anniversary event on PC until the 23rd.
    Due to the login issues of the last few days, we will be extending the anniversary event on PC until the 23rd.

Thank you!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Thank you :)
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    In Light of the mounting number of technical difficulties on STO's/PWE's end putting players further and further behind in the Event Dailies, would it be reasonable for the event to be extended a few days to compensate? IF I (and apparently everyone else) is unable to log in today, that's another day lost. Many of us don't have the deep pockets to make it rain Lobi for Vouchers.
    When technical difficulties prevent us from being able to participate for a growing number of days, the scheduled end date of the 21st is looking increasingly unfair.
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Like, look at the preceding few posts before yours. You'd see that the event has already been extended by 2 days.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also, a lot of people already finished getting the ship earlier this week.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • botanybangbotanybang Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    botanybang wrote: »
    I hate the new reputation UI, I just accidentally canceled the 2017 project when being 80 vouchers short of completing it :(

First, had you planned to keep that 2017 for completion all this time? You use Lobi or these vouchers worked? Secondly, severe OUCH.

I know, it's a little late, but I was so de-motivated by this. Yes, I used this year's vouchers, and I had it planned for completion. And severe ouch is what I can write here, what I thought at the moment I realized the project was gone, was a little more explicite...
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I will state it is nice of Cryptic to extend the event by a couple of days given these recent log-in issues whether it was Cryptic's fault or not. I was lucky enough to already earn the T'Pau but hopefully this extension will help some players. I might utilize it to make another 40 or 80 marks.
    Like, look at the preceding few posts before yours. You'd see that the event has already been extended by 2 days.

the 3 posts preceding mine appear to have been made after the page loaded for me, so I would not have seen them until after I reloaded the page.

Thank You @ambassadorkael#6946 a couple extra days are appreciated!
    The Borg Assimilator
    @ambassadorkael#6946 @baddmoonrizin Just to make sure I have the info right; Anniversary Event ends at server maintenance on the 22 or 23 of Feb?
    The Borg Assimilator
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    We need a vlog of the dance "designer" both doing the dances (at the same speed as an ingame character does) and the subsequent trips to medical professionals to sort out the injuries sustained.

Or maybe just send them for dance lessons so they get some concept of rhythm and timing.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Speaking of dances... I feel like I got "Rick Rolled" by Cryptic, when I checked out the "Awesome" dance...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    It should be February 23.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Wondering how reyan01 got so many people in one place to stand still long enough with torches.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That was a mob marching on Cryptic. You just can't see the pitchforks. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Already ended, but its only 21st. Hm.
    Highly disappointed.
    PC Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!

The anniversary event will be briefly switched off, but is not gone forever and will return for the extension.

Like Norman ('I, Mudd) too many things at once can overload their circuits. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Someone forgot to extend the event to the 23rd it seems...

edit: nevermind, just saw the twitter announcement

Star Trek Online

Verified account

@trekonlinegame
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    PC Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!

The anniversary event will be briefly switched off, but is not gone forever and will return for the extension.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    lhoygow wrote: »
    Someone forgot to extend the event to the 23rd it seems...

edit: nevermind, just saw the twitter announcement

Star Trek Online

Verified account

@trekonlinegame
    5h5 hours ago
    More

It seems Cryptic and I have a very different definition of the word "briefly".

Edit:
    Update from twitter just now
    The Anniversary events will return tomorrow on PC, and run through Sunday. Thanks for your patience!

Still a somewhat different definition of the word 'briefly' than I have, but I'm grateful for the clarification.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    Well, actually the day off resets the 20 hour cycle to the morning for me and I can get three in instead of two.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns