test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you do during double experience weekend?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

What do you do during double experience weekend? 57 votes

Focus on leveling a character
10%
saedeitharies73321ltminnsaxegaijin13maladroid5smooshy#7462 6 votes
Focus on leveling starship masteries
12%
thetaninegaraks31kyle223catkryptoherovoodoopokeycpr#5779discojer 7 votes
Depends on what's going on with my characters
26%
bernatkbaddmoonrizinhippiejonwhere2r1rattler2markhawkmanpostagepaidkaggert27xyquarzeroguealltrekkahless2001djf021xungnguyenmarty123#3757cptgamer#8560 15 votes
I don't change anything, I just play normally
50%
coldnapalmdaboholicallyoftheforcedirlettiaazrael605seaofsorrowstunebreakerpatrickngomainavaloreahthay8472crm14916jaguarskxalcyoneserenekiralyntalborkiriseefred26291#2759tyler002davefenestrator 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, my low level characters, don't touch those. Matter of fact, don't even DOFF with them on regular XP....because I still want to play with them at low level. Actually, not playing with them at all, since they are all Delta Recruits....and, well, their missions are slightly messy. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Focus on leveling starship masteries
    Working and so missing out on the event, like every other weekend event. Though I would just work on masteries, since all but one of my characters are 60+ and my one new character, Discovery, I'm not leveling since I want to play future TRIBBLE missions using it.
  • Options
    What would someone be using this type of weekend event for, any more?
    I guess, just to gain Specialization Points? I am still working on those on my main characters. But with WW going on...I am spending more time hunting Snowmen than on anything else.

Do we get XP for killing Snowmen? I don't think we do. Just for the WW Doffing.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    I usually use this event to roll new toons and level. Decided to delete all my toons last night and start fresh so yeah, leveling a new toon.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I don't change anything, I just play normally
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Yeah, my low level characters, don't touch those. Matter of fact, don't even DOFF with them on regular XP....because I still want to play with them at low level. Actually, not playing with them at all, since they are all Delta Recruits....and, well, their missions are slightly messy. LOL!

Same here. I like having the level up experience once a year or so. Slow-paced fighting that's more like the TV shows, limited powers where each beam overload, torp HY or tachyon beam actually matters, etc.

I've gotten a couple of "jump to 60" tokens from those random marketing emails over the years and have never used them.

• Options
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > where2r1 wrote: »
    >
    > Yeah, my low level characters, don't touch those. Matter of fact, don't even DOFF with them on regular XP....because I still want to play with them at low level. Actually, not playing with them at all, since they are all Delta Recruits....and, well, their missions are slightly messy. LOL!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Same here. I like having the level up experience once a year or so. Slow-paced fighting that's more like the TV shows, limited powers where each beam overload, torp HY or tachyon beam actually matters, etc.
    >
    > I've gotten a couple of "jump to 60" tokens from those random marketing emails over the years and have never used them.

I didn't know those existed! I wouldn't mind trying one out.

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    djf021 wrote: »
    I didn't know those existed! I wouldn't mind trying one out.

I didn't know there were "jump to 60" tokens either.
    But I heard about those Lockbox DOFF assignments. Those Lockbox DOFF assignments that give out tons of XP, too.

And, I assume, if you are short on some points in a Specialization tree....that would do it.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    The other thing for me is: I got a lot of low level ships unlocked over the years...as give-aways from Cryptic or just for Admiralty Cards, now. I never got to use these different ships when I leveled my original characters.

Curious what they would "feel" like. You know. May as well try them out. Because none of the new ships (T-6's) are really appealing to me.

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Mostly I ignore the xp events because levelling normally is already on the fast side.

That said, I may do what I've done in the past and blitz a klink up on PS4 to make use of them for the tribble carcass endeavour.

Was going to do it last year for the anniversary but they richarded about with the giveaway ship so ignored the character and rerolled them once delta recruitment came along, just not done anything with them since.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It took me to Sunday to actually start playing my Level 3 Discovery Recruit with a goal to get to at least Level 20 so that I could get the Delta, Temporal, and Gamma Recruit Awards.

I did Secrets, Downfall, Welcome to Earth Spacedock, TFO: Age of Discovery, Stranded in Space, Diplomatic Orders, and Researcher Rescue and ended up at 21.5.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    It took me to Sunday to actually start playing my Level 3 Discovery Recruit with a goal to get to at least Level 20 so that I could get the Delta, Temporal, and Gamma Recruit Awards.

I did Secrets, Downfall, Welcome to Earth Spacedock, TFO: Age of Discovery, Stranded in Space, Diplomatic Orders, and Researcher Rescue and ended up at 21.5.

Nice!

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I leveled up the S'torr's mastery to lvl5 on Steven (appropriately named the Tiamat)
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    Addendum to my Leveling up my Discovery Recruit to get the Delta, Temporal, and Gamma Recruit Awards. Other than 65 Level Characters, I've haven't had a lower Level Character claim those rewards in quite a while.

It seems there has been level requirements put on some of the Delta Recruit Mission Arc Rewards (26, 35, 45, 47, 50), Temporal Recruit Mission Arc Rewards (26, 35, 45, 47, 50, 60). Fleet Rewards always had a Level 30 requirement.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Well further update on Leveling up my Character but NOT during the XP Weekend. I did pick up the next Mission (Secret Orders) but never had enough time to run it. I Doffed. I made it to 26 and unlocked some further Delta and Temporal Recruit Account-wide rewards.

I then started to use the Research Items, Holonovels and such. That and other Doff Assignments got me from 29 to 43. The next round of Doff Assignments, including the Research Items, etc. got me to 59. Quinn was calling me like crazy. I had to drop Secret Orders (22) and pick it back up at 59.

I slotted another round of Doff Assignments as above. Tonight when I log in and clear those Assignments I will be 65.

So in 24 hours I went from 29 to 65 without even running a Mission. I will need to spend tonight claiming all my Ships for Admiralty.

Double XP be d*mned. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    ztqD7JZ.png
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
This discussion has been closed.