test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

180 clicks to fill the reps

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
From collecting reward, to upgrading the rep, to adding the next project it is 15 clicks of the mouse, there are 12 reputations so that's 180 clicks. A few less on days you don't upgrade to the next tier. Going from T1 to T6 requires over 8000 clicks to complete, per toon, so if you're doing it on 20 toons that's 160,000 clicks of the mouse. I'm not even going to mention the thousands of DOFFs required for fleet projects.

Cryptic, please do something to lessen the amount of tiresome clicking in this game, it's become more like accountancy software than a space MMO. One button, "FILL ALL", it will assign and fill the next project if you have the necessary marks, credits and XP.

I am sure there must be many, like me, who simply can't be bothered to do all this work on so many toons. That means they are less competitive and therefore I don't play them as much, if I don't play them so much I am less likely to spend assets on them, which ultimately means less money for you Cryptic.
bJlA60S.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yep thumbs up Matt.

I take it this is what Geko means with the Account is the Player.

Hate to be negative here but not making any more characters stops the pain at an instant.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I did this TRIBBLE fest on 8 different characters and frankly.. it sucked.

Things like this are the reason I will never make another character, at this point no reward they can offer is even worth it. Frankly, the entire reputation system is just out of control. There are way too many reputations with way too many clicks to get through each one.

For players like us that have been here for years, it's not as bad. If they add a new reputation next week, then I only have to do that one single Reputation. For new players or for alts.. they're looking at 12 reputations.. 12 different mark types, and this mind numbing click-grind x 12.

Enough already.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    As i understand there is a new system being tested on tribble. Cannot wait for the one-click fill system to be here.

I would prefer an auto fill system for the dailies, but given how long this is in the works it will not be around for some time.
    For now i only progress one rep from T5 to T6 at the time. I have neither the time nor patience to fill it all out on 8-10 characters.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    support , i am wondering if these online games get payed from how many in game clicks they get ^^
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    For me personally, I was so glad back when they finally added the discount for alts, so it only took half as long to do the reps on them. (Not sure if that is still a thing). But, back then, we only had 6 rep systems. They have really over done it with the rep systems.

And to be honest, I never liked how they did them. For example, you fight the Borg to do the Task Force Omega rep, so you can get stuff that was mainly for fighting the Borg. Same for pretty much all of the older ones. Not sure about any that came after the first 6. The rep systems should have always been put in place to help with the next one, or the next content. From what I understand of the later ones, I think they finally got away from that, or at least started to.

But this is a ton of stuff for someone new to do. I finally got a friend of mine to try the game today. The only way I could convince him to, was to tell him about the Jem'Hedar starting at level 60m and two of the reps are almost completed. After he found out how much work was involved in just doing rep systems, he didn't want to even try the game.

As far as alts go, I used to play on all my toons back years ago before I left. What actually stopped me from creating any more back then was the upgrade system. Overpriced Dil cost for upgrades, and on top of that, you got so little xp for what you were upgrading. The only way to get halfway decent upgrade times (that were still overpriced) was to wait till an upgrade event. The worst part was when they nerfed the MK XII weapons right before the upgrade system dropped.

When the mess with the upgrade system happened, that's when it killed me playing on multiple characters. Till then, I never had a "main" or an "alt" toon. I played them all the same, and got different mirror ships from the exchange for each of them. I didn't care that they were not account bound. Now, I would never get anything character bound like that, unless it all went on 1 character.

Razar.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Wasn't the functionality on the test server about a month ago?

A bunch of folks did videos showcasing it. I remember because I kept thinking to myself how irritating it was going to be that the functionality would be enabled right after I finished the grind to T6.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

A bunch of folks did videos showcasing it. I remember because I kept thinking to myself how irritating it was going to be that the functionality would be enabled right after I finished the grind to T6.
    But not irritating enough to wait for the better version to be actually released?
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Reclaiming admiralty cards also needs to be improved as well. It took me best part of an hour on a new Romulan to claim all my c-store/event ships. I admit I was slowed down slightly by the delay in the card transferring into the Admiralty system due to lag but still phew what a chore.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    the Clickstorm UI.

(also, they said they're working on it.)
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    They won't be bothered to put that in. Cause as sad as it sounds that is your end game content in this game. Everything what would make sense will not be put in, everything what is fun will be nerfed... I could say more about the sad excuse of a winter event this year but i'm going to stop right here and play something else....
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I finished t6 on all 11 of my characters quite a while ago now. Funny this is, nobody made me do it. I did it because I'm a completionist and I wanted to. If you don't want to do it. Don't do it, OP.

Also, the DPRM is not a requirement to play STO.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I whole heartedly agree with Op. I’m actually still working on getting all the T6 reps done on one character. Trying to work on my others, but what a drag.

Something needs to be done to cut the amount of grinding for Duty Officers, Admiralty, Research, Reps, Fleet Holdings, Skill Points...the amount of Dil this game requires is also incredible. This game almost feels like a full-time desk job. Most of my grinding doesn’t get done because I’d rather spend the amount of time that I have actually doing something fun.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    You're a bit late on this, everyone has said that when the T6 came out.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I'd still very much like at least one touch fill on individual projects, which would reduce it to 24 clicks total per char if you just let the boxes stack (stacking was a nice QoL in itself).

The subject came up on ESD, and it seems a fair number of people went Tier 6 only on their main char(s), but not their alts, so anything that made the clicking needed to get Tier 6 more efficient would still be a nice QoL. Plus, it's 50 days for new toons to get to T6.

I skipped out on doing anything but Competitive on one char because of the discount, and that's still several days from being completed.
    You're a bit late on this, everyone has said that when the T6 came out.

Yes, but there were signs that it was being poked at (UI changes that made it to Tribble, but not live), and the stacking of Reputation boxes was a QoL that came out after the initial drop, which indicates they might still come out with more QoL fixes. Admittedly, given the time of year and the likelihood that a lot of staff are out of the office, this thread might actually be a bit premature.
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Yes, but there were signs that it was being poked at (UI changes that made it to Tribble, but not live), and the stacking of Reputation boxes was a QoL that came out after the initial drop, which indicates they might still come out with more QoL fixes. Admittedly, given the time of year and the likelihood that a lot of staff are out of the office, this thread might actually be a bit premature.

But I would guess that 90% of the toons have gotten their reps to T6 by now so its not a 'big deal' anymore and not worth Cryptic's time. Yeah, I didn't appreciate the 30-40 mins to get the reps cooking each day on all my toons, but its over now. I'd vote for them to give some extra time to bug-squashing and fixing things at this point. I still can't run when the Echo Papa drone is out, for example.

Yep, but then it would help others not to mention our next toons, wouldn’t it? :)
    animated.gif
    edited December 2018
    I finished t6 on all 11 of my characters quite a while ago now. Funny this is, nobody made me do it. I did it because I'm a completionist and I wanted to. If you don't want to do it. Don't do it, OP.

Also, the DPRM is not a requirement to play STO.

Don’t know about you but I know one or two fellas who don’t play mmorpgs to merely fulfill requirements but to find joy in striving for the best. :)

Then again, if stuff becomes such a turnoff as reput project filling is you might end up turning the game off or making compromises that will most certainly not have you be more enthusiastic about it.

Matt is proposing a solution, not one that would players get turned off by aspects of STO but rather do the opposite and get peeps more into it.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
  • geeringgeering Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    This has become one of the problems for me. It just doesn't feel like I'm playing the game anymore. Most of the time you're just stuck pressing some buttons in a window. Crafting, doffing, admiralty, reputation, sure you need to get the resources but you're spending more time pressing the buttons than actually playing the game gathering the required resources.

It's not that you can get your ship out and do some stuff and in the end advancing one or more of these things. Blowing up ships could yield some rep points. Or doing some missions which yield commendation points. Or getting some loot which contains new doffs or commendations or even rep points.
  • ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I totally agree with mattjohnsonva. Filling all the reps it's extremely repetitive and boring, moreover it takes a LOT of time, time we could dedicate to have fun. It would be enough to fill immediately a daily project once we select it if we have enough resources. Another idea would be to have a "maxi project" that last several days and consume a large (even larger than several daily projects) quantity of marks, EC, experience and any other resources Cryptic wants us to use.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

A bunch of folks did videos showcasing it.

never got rolled out thou...
    geering wrote: »
    This has become one of the problems for me. It just doesn't feel like I'm playing the game anymore. Most of the time you're just stuck pressing some buttons in a window. Crafting, doffing, admiralty, reputation, sure you need to get the resources but you're spending more time pressing the buttons than actually playing the game gathering the required resources.

Yup, if I was running STO and cared about players actually playing the game, I would have not rolled out doffing/admiralty. Its the essence of busy work. I have 9 toons and it can take me 2+hrs just filling doffing/admiralty. Not sure how much time Cryptic expects people to have to play on a daily basis, but to be 2hrs in and not really done anything is not a way to keep players interested in your game. Unless we just all love being desk admirals...

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    geering wrote: »

Yup, if I was running STO and cared about players actually playing the game, I would have not rolled out doffing/admiralty. Its the essence of busy work. I have 9 toons and it can take me 2+hrs just filling doffing/admiralty. Not sure how much time Cryptic expects people to have to play on a daily basis, but to be 2hrs in and not really done anything is not a way to keep players interested in your game. Unless we just all love being desk admirals...

doffing was probably envisioned as stuff for the mobile gateway... so you can do it on the go or while at work on your phone?

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I haven't even started on Holodeck. Did it way too many times on Tribble to acquire a first look at the vanity shields.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    But if we do that people will spend less time in the game D:
This discussion has been closed.