test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equipping ship shield bug

ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
Hello everybody,

I am not sure if it has been reported already, there is a bug that appear when equipping the ship shields.
I was on Q'nos system using my temporal ship U.S.S. Pacific. The Pacific was equipped with a Jem'Hadar shield
when I tried to mount my new competitive shield. To do so I double click on the competitive shield in my inventory.
I expected that the Jem'Hadar shield would be unequipped and put in the inventory, but something different happened.
See the image:
ship-bug1.jpg
The icon on the ship remained the one of the Jem'Hadar shield, the Jem'hadar shield was NOT put in the inventory and
the "Equip" window shows that the competitive shield was equipped on the Pacific (the other Jem'Hadar shield you see
belong to D.V. Fighter, it's the small dominion vessel).
I tried to remove the shield manually, by dragging the icon on the inventory and I did the same also for the shield of the
small craft. Again, the image shows a problem. The Icon of the shield is empty but the "equip" windows shows the
competitive shield equipped on the Pacific. It's clearly a bug.
ship-bug2.jpg

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Check visuals tab on ship. ????
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Check visuals tab on ship. ????

Sorry but what does it means your comment? Obviously something is wrong here. By double clicking the shield on my inventory (the competitive) the system should had switched it with the Jem'hadar and put this last one on the inventory. This didn't happen, it's a bug.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    There is a tab on your ship for VISUALS. Did you check your VISUALS tab???

See Ship Stats page, just below the picture of your ship. Menu says Mastery, Stats, Loadouts, Visuals.
    Click on "Visuals". Remove the Jem'Hadar shield and put it in your inventory.

This "Visuals" tab is to make your ship use that animation/art instead of the one you have equipped in the ship.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    There is a tab on your ship for VISUALS. Did you check your VISUALS tab???

See Ship Stats page, just below the picture of your ship. Menu says Mastery, Stats, Loadouts, Visuals.
    Click on "Visuals". Remove the Jem'Hadar shield and put it in your inventory.

This "Visuals" tab is to make your ship use that animation/art instead of the one you have equipped in the ship.

Ohhh, riiight! I forgot about that. I didn't check but I think you are right. Strange behavior though.