test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty Sorting Still Somewhat Random

anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
After today's patch, the ship cards for Admiralty are still fairly random within their role in each tier and rarity. This is most apparent when there are both normal and (1x Use) versions of the same card. The change today didn't make matters any worse, but it didn't improve anything by any appreciable amount, either.

Before Age of Discovery, Admiralty ships were sorted by 4 nested categories, each one under the last. The sort order went, in order of precedence:

1. Sorted by Tier. Small Craft, then Tiers 1-6. This still worked after Age of Discovery.
2. Sorted by rarity, Common through epic. This also still worked after Age of Discovery.
3. Sorted by role alphabetically. Engineering, then Science, then Tactical. This was broken with Age of Discovery, and is now back, but altered to sorting by role, but in the order of the 3 categories as they appear on an Admiralty card or assignment, Engineering, then Tactical, then Science.
4. Finally, sorted alphabetically by name of the ship on the card. This was broken with Age of Discovery, remains broken, and is the largest factor in the randomization of Admiralty card order.

I thank you for looking into this, and attempting to impose some greater order on it, but without alphabetical sorting by name within tier and rarity, at the least, it will continue to be a randomized mess. Even just adding in alphabetical sorting by name of ship on the card while giving up on sorting by role would be a major step in removing the randomizing of the order of cards between assignments. Returning both sorting by role within rarity and sorting alphabetically by name within role would be better. Ideally, we would get all of the above and a way to filter out (1x Use) cards.
This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.

Comments

• dragonmalice12dragonmalice12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Started a discussion on this in the general forums last week as well. It's very frustrating, especially since they had no reason to mess with it in the first place.

The worst part is that the order is different on every toon now. I would love to see the original (consistent) sorting return, and would be in heaven if we could sort out the single use ships!
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    According to the patch notes for 12/13 -

Admiralty sorting function has been updated with the following functions:

- Cruisers/Tactical/Science ships now sort together.

- They will sort by the power of their abilities in their category.

- Tactical ships of the same quality/tier will sort by how strong their tactical strength is.

I thought I was imagining that the sort order was still different on every character or that the difference in one-time ships that each had just made it seem like they weren't sorting the same.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    So, the order will change all the time, now, depending on which 1x ship the character "wins" or "uses"??? Somehow this sounds like it would take more time for the program to have to check and sort for display.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin