test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Older event ships

ledemonqledemonq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
We, the players, need a way to get the older event ships was cant claimed at that time.
Currently all the characters in the account can get the daily winter prize voucher and isnt needed at all because the ship event is account unlock.
With this unnecesary winter prize vouchers from the others characters we could open a project to obtain an older event ship.

Thanks and long live and prosper.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    As Az said.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • ledemonqledemonq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    only some of they and not account unlock
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I'd be fine with Cryptic selling account unlocks of past event ships in the C-Store for 24,900 zen. Every lazy whale who buys one will help support the game.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Uh... I don't know. I feel that Cryptic needs to take a look at the way the Event ship acquisition from Phoenix boxes work for new players.

Admiralty is an important part of collecting resources in this game, now.

My event ships are a big part of my Admiralty card deck. Especially, with cards on the upper end of the spectrum. The T-5's and T-6's. I had the luxury to run up a collection of Event ships before Admiralty existed.

As a CASUAL F2P, here I am in December of 2018, just acquiring the C-store unlocks on T-4 ships....KDF SIDE ONLY. That is 2 years. The last few T-4 ships, I admit, I did break out the credit card.

Two years to collect from the Shipyard, secondary ships (Mirror versions, etc) from the Exchange. I doubt I would have bothered if it weren't for being able to start building my card deck on top of those 15-17 Event ship cards.

I have enough ships to run Admiralty once a day. Maybe twice.....if I get lucky with easier requirements on the assignments.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited December 2018
    Well, I am not trying to compare between games....because I never really played other ones.

I am comparing my experiences (as a casual F2P) to someone who recently started playing. And I am pointing out that some of these "systems" may not be worth starting from ZERO.

I got a helping hand because I owned all these Event ships....granted I DID the event.
    BUT isn't playing for Dilithium to buy Phoenix boxes and then hunting for an Epic Phoenix token equivalent to doing the event on one Character?

(Epic or Ultra Rare...or whatever, I can't remember the color of the token for ships, right now)

Especially, if you did not get the infusion of Dilithium from....Admiralty?

I mean, at what point does it come across as Cryptic is excluding new players from Admiralty?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    It's a balancing act. If we had free unlimited access to grind past event ships then there would be no impetus to play the event NOOOOOOOWWWWWW! Which is obviously what they want. Yet, new players should have the ability to access previous event ships... which they do via phoenix packs. Are phoenix packs a huge pain in the neck compared to missing the event? Heck yeah it is. Would I personally like it if they somehow made it easier for noobs to get past event ships? Sure.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for cryptic to give some ground on this one. They can easily do it without messing up the phoenix pack effect on the economy by making ships acquired via phoenix unbound so you can sell them. I mean, what the TRIBBLE else am I going to do with all my epic tokens? Seeing as I unlocked every single event ship via event grinding.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Yeah, I am not sure I would sell mine. But I wouldn't mind being able to help my Fleetmate or friends by gifting them my extra "tokens", instead of turning them in for Dilithium if I knew they needed a hand.

But I, and everyone, can see why they don't....all the complications that arises with making currency tradeable and worth something on the Exchange.

The solution would have to be something like: increase the drop rate for Epic / Ultrarare tokens from the Phoenix box. But leave everything else the same...locked to character.

edited December 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I am not sure I would sell mine. But I wouldn't mind being able to help my Fleetmate or friends by gifting them my extra "tokens", instead of turning them in for Dilithium if I knew they needed a hand.
    This makes no sense at all. How do you turn phoenix prize tokens in for dil? As far as I can see, you can only turn them in for past event prizes, phoenix upgrades and worst of all, 10:1 ratio for a new phoenix pack.
    But I, and everyone, can see why they don't....all the complications that arises with making currency tradeable and worth something on the Exchange.
    Again, this just makes no sense. There's no "complications" with adding exchange EC value to items. It just makes it possible for a lucky player to make an equitable transaction with a newer player that started playing the game later. Also, if you wanted to gift a token to a friend, that would be a great thing to do. And if you wanted to do such a thing, the item would need to be unbound and thus open for selling as well as gifting.
    The solution would have to be something like: increase the drop rate for Epic / Ultrarare tokens from the Phoenix box. But leave everything else the same...locked to character.
    Man, you're batting 1.000. What does "locked to character" in this quote have to do with drop rate adjustments?

Ok so I haven't done as much digging on tests for phoenix pack odds admittedly. I do think it wouldn't be wildly unreasonable to hope that epic/ur tokens would drop at least as often as a lock box ship does. Or in other words drop 1/200 to 1/250. My own testing is not scientific but I've opened a few thousand packs and I got 4 of each epic and ur which roughly assumes a 1/1000 drop rate for each.

The crux of my argument is that I'm going to keep opening phoenix packs as long as I need to upgrade stuff which is a never ending process. As a result I will continue to acquire epic and ur phoenix tokens that I can do nothing with. Let's be honest. Trading them down to very rare, rare and uncommon phoenix packs is a horrifically stupid thing to do. Cryptic should just do the right thing and allow the ships to be sold. Otherwise, there are just huge stockpiles (game wide) of epic and ur tokens that will never be used. And noobs will continue to be discouraged over what seems like an impossibly steep grind to "catch up" to the rest of us.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Ok so I haven't done as much digging on tests for phoenix pack odds admittedly. I do think it wouldn't be wildly unreasonable to hope that epic/ur tokens would drop at least as often as a lock box ship does. Or in other words drop 1/200 to 1/250. My own testing is not scientific but I've opened a few thousand packs and I got 4 of each epic and ur which roughly assumes a 1/1000 drop rate for each.

Yes, everything I've read from people opening mass numbers of Phoenix packs points to much lower odds than for lock box ships -- instead of 1/250 somewhere between 1/500 and 1/1,000

If they're going to keep the pack ships as single-character unlocks then lowering that to something closer to lock box odds would be a kindness for new players. (It doesn't affect me directly, I have all the event ships except for the 2? T5 ships before the Breen ones.)
  • charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Yes, everything I've read from people opening mass numbers of Phoenix packs points to much lower odds than for lock box ships -- instead of 1/250 somewhere between 1/500 and 1/1,000

If they're going to keep the pack ships as single-character unlocks then lowering that to something closer to lock box odds would be a kindness for new players. (It doesn't affect me directly, I have all the event ships except for the 2? T5 ships before the Breen ones.)

Yep, can only say this is pretty much how it is, took me about 1.500-2000 phoenix boxes in total to get one epic token - and everyone i know about the same, which i'm now saving to get the 2017 winter ship for it's trait alone, missed due to being sick at the time, instead of enjoying the nandi on one of my characters. Because i know the chance of getting another one without wanting to boost several new characters to XV Epic gear (therefore having a reason to invest dil) is pretty much null, while the overall lockbox chance with the 1/250 is a much better deal to a) make EC, b) farm lobi and c) maybe get lucky once or twice to make back lost/invested ec for lobi.

Especially since Phoenix ships are CHARACTER bound, and not account unlocks, they really should raise those drop rates to give you about the same chance. The only players who are getting punished by the lower drop chance in the phoenix packs are new players without a substantial ec/dil stash, as someone who can go ahead and get a billion ec and a few million Dil in a matter maybe 1-2 months. Those drop rates just mean i'd simply invest more on the basis of how many upgrade kits i want to store for future recruits. Access to lots of EC also gives you EASY access to lots of dil via admirality and other means for multiple character, this pretty much elminates the whole "drop rate is lower because its dil vs ec (master keys)." For everyone that has been playing this game for years, while new people will just be ran over and should, if wanting to even start getting into making characters and other stuff focus on EC to get the equipment for new characters which will eventually lead to more access to dil.

Yes Phoenix boxes, in the long run, are there to SAVE dil, but for those who want those ships they missed (keep in mind, not account unlocks via phoenix) are just getting punished. Especially since some of those traits are considered BiS. Point being, if you did miss something, you will always have that gap between you and the stuff you want while playing economical, gets you more to build up, but you're still missing out on the stuff you might actually want.

Lastly: Lobi -> winter vouchers, don't. ever. even. try! The amount of lobi (and therefore EC) you're going to waste there is so enormous, you're better off throwing out all your dil for phoenix packs if you're that desperate. Dilithium, doesn't even compare to the value of lobi when it comes to the current market, especially with phoenix upgrades in the mix.

edited December 2018
    This makes no sense at all. How do you turn phoenix prize tokens in for dil?

OH, you are stuck thinking about Phoenix Tokens....
    I mean any and ALL the ship tokens that I can acquire for Events and Phoenix boxes.

Instead of using the extra Event Ship Tokens for Dilithium when the trade-in project unlocks....I would gift any extras, so I could help others finish their projects. As well as gift Epic and Ultra Rare Phoenix Tokens.

So I could help them get ships to build their Admiralty card decks.

I can get extra Tokens on every character I can run the race on...and I love running that race. And there are people more efficient about this sort of collecting. And only use it for profiteering. Now, can you see why I say it would be a problem?

The bigger issue is that newer players may have Admiralty "unlocked" to them, but can they really use it?
    And what hoops do they have to jump through to gain access to this very useful resource?

Does it compare to running the Ice Race or Flying High on one character???
    Or signing on one day and finding Cryptic is giving away freebies??? Some of which have been ships and shuttles?

Or are they going to be grinding for years?

I started with a base of 20-25 ships. Ships I collected before Admiralty was a thing.
    Those ships meant absolutely nothing, I didn't use them, just another thing to store away....until...

Now, that Admiralty is a thing, is it fair that there is a subset of players who start it with 7-8 ships?

Also, if you are not a crazy hoarder woman, like I am. Building stacks upon stacks of "stuff for no reason". And keeping every bit of it in little piles all over my bank and inventory. And have no intention of ever using it...just look at it all and say, "Look at all the pretty things I got....."

Why send good Dilithium out to buy more boxes rather, than breaking down higher level tokens?
    They are worthless to you in that form.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

The bigger issue is that newer players may have Admiralty "unlocked" to them, but can they really use it?
    And what hoops do they have to jump through to gain access to this very useful resource?

I already know I am going to take heat for this.. but I am fine with this "problem."

Those of us that have been here for years got the ships when they were offered. New players, that weren't here, have to resort to Phoenix and jump through all the hoops.

Is that really so bad? Is it so horrible that players that have been here for the long haul have more then a player that joined yesterday?

It's a matter of debate, I get that.. but I don't consider it a problem. I would not want to see new players locked out of things that are critical for game progression, that would not be fair.. but promo ships from events? I have all of them because I have been here, stuck around, and done the events.

I'm perfectly fine with new players not being able to freely unlock them. They will eventually build their admiralty deck using event ships going forward. This one going on now, and the Anniversary Event will be less then 2 months later.. this game gives out ships all the time. Newbies will be just fine.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It's a balancing act. If we had free unlimited access to grind past event ships then there would be no impetus to play the event NOOOOOOOWWWWWW! Which is obviously what they want. Yet, new players should have the ability to access previous event ships... which they do via phoenix packs. Are phoenix packs a huge pain in the neck compared to missing the event? Heck yeah it is. Would I personally like it if they somehow made it easier for noobs to get past event ships? Sure.
    It's a balancing act in STO, because the event content is too short and easy and the rewards aren't particularly useful for anything. When the only reason to play they give is the reward going away in X days, that's all they've got to work with.

Whereas in other games you want to play the event now, because you want the reward now. The reward is good/needed for something. Because leaving a backlog means you won't have time to do everything next time, in fact you might not always be able to finish everything in one run at all, and have to settle for doing what you can to continue next time (or skipping with money as the case may be). Or even because getting one reward now lets you get another one next time, either to sell or to use for upgrading the first one.

Those other games have no problem with reruns and the only reasons I've ever felt a desire to leave an event for the next time is either being too new/under-equipped to play at the time or when some game runs 3-4 things at once and it's simply impossible to do all of them. As opposed to STO where I have actually left stuff for next time just because I didn't care.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Again, every MMO has items from limited time events that new players cannot get. Unlike most STO is hugely generous not only in how many account unlocked free event items they give but also in allowing new players or those who missed it any opportunity to obtain it.
    No, they don't. I've played several games that have either rerun all events or offered old rewards with far more reasonable conditions than the epic odds of phoenix boxes. Also many that have event rewards permanently tradeable where you can always expect active players to farm enough spares to sell for years worth of new players.

And being "hugely generous" making stuff account unlock is where the exclusivity nonsense started in STO. When the event rewards were single items, everything worked much better.

I already know I am going to take heat for this.. but I am fine with this "problem."

Those of us that have been here for years got the ships when they were offered. New players, that weren't here, have to resort to Phoenix and jump through all the hoops.

Is that really so bad? Is it so horrible that players that have been here for the long haul have more then a player that joined yesterday?
    Yes, it's bad. It makes the game less valuable for new players, thereby less valuable, period. I certainly wouldn't even consider starting the game in its current condition.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Lord of the Rings Online has Mounts as its main prize for an Event (Winter, Summer, Anniversary, Spring, Fall, etc.). They are not Account unlocks but it takes only a few days to earn enough of the Event Currency to purchase. They also provide a Barterer that exchanges Event Currency for a box with selectable other Event Currency (Summer to Winter, etc.).

Each Event allows you to buy the current and last year's Mount of that Event with that Event's Currency. The last year's one usually at half price. Older Mounts for that Event are purchasable with 70 of another ubiquitous In-game Currency (Mithril Coins purchasable from their In-game Store with Lotro Points, think Zen).

There is no 'year' branding of any of their Event Currencies Currencies.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User

It's a matter of debate, I get that.. but I don't consider it a problem. I would not want to see new players locked out of things that are critical for game progression, that would not be fair.. but promo ships from events? I have all of them because I have been here, stuck around, and done the events.

I'm perfectly fine with new players not being able to freely unlock them. They will eventually build their admiralty deck using event ships going forward. This one going on now, and the Anniversary Event will be less then 2 months later.. this game gives out ships all the time. Newbies will be just fine.

Being here from the start as a reason to say its fine to lock the items off from new players cause they were not here at that time is worthless. New players as well as old players should have a equal chance at getting special event items past present or future. Saying i was here so i get them and they were not here so shaft the new players with worthless odds at getting any of the items is just saying look at me you new players im special i have these items. Get over your self it is a problem and keeping the game alive and running is more needed than players hording there precious.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @ledemonq said:
    > only some of they and not account unlock

Incorrect, the only previous ships not included are those from the last year, everything from before that is in the Phoenix. As for the "account unlock" thats why you don't skip events. All MMOs have limited time events with event exclusive rewards, most do not provide any means to acquire missed rewards.

Yeah what about new players which is what Cryptic wants? It's kinda a Bethesda response "Well you should have started playing sooner."
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    Is it fair that new players, or those that for R/L reasons aren't able to do the entire event are "punished" by loosing all access to older event rewards? I, like many players have multiple alts, and would gladly run events on all of them, if each one could slot a different reward, but as the system is currently set up, I can only get 1 reward, so I'll only run it on 1 character.

So how exactly does that help / benefit attendance? You want to fill every QWW, SE/AE instances with hordes of players = Open up access to old event ships and/or rewards.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,331 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    evlripper wrote: »
    > @ledemonq said:
    > only some of they and not account unlock

Incorrect, the only previous ships not included are those from the last year, everything from before that is in the Phoenix. As for the "account unlock" thats why you don't skip events. All MMOs have limited time events with event exclusive rewards, most do not provide any means to acquire missed rewards.

Yeah what about new players which is what Cryptic wants? It's kinda a Bethesda response "Well you should have started playing sooner."

Not really. The Account Unlock is part of the reward for taking part in the original event. After a couple of years they came out with the Phoenix Box to give newer players the chance to acquire things that were no longer available at the time!

Would you really kick up this much of a fuss because Corgi no longer produce the 1978 release of the TV Series Batman's Batmobile??? Of course not. At the end of the day, to those that were there at the time, the Account Unlock represents part of the value of the item they rightfully earned by taking part in an event.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
    Trying to compare a video games rewards to a real life production of a show is not rational.

This is a game with digital content that is infinite and not any more than a database entry. The check box some one has on there account for what ever event you care to mention is all the account unlock is.

There is no reason why new players to the game or old ones that for what ever reason were not able to get the reward should not be able to earn again. Call it what you will reruns special replay or simply open the event roster to past rewards to earn.

The time should not matter as the same effort will be expanded in unlocking the items as when first ran.

And if for some reason people need to fill entitled with there unlock they ran around on a map for then place the item in the c store and place a price tag on it.

You have your free ones they payed for there unlock simple and everyone wins. New players have access, old players have there trinket for free and cryptic gets money to keep the doors open.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    It might be nice to have an alternate event to unlock one selected old event ship each year, so perhaps you can't get anything but the Breen Chel Grett this year, but next year it may be the Plesh Brek, and so on. This wouldn't be a case of replacing the new ship, but a second event which rewarded the old ship for a similar commitment in time and effort.
    brian334 wrote: »
    It might be nice to have an alternate event to unlock one selected old event ship each year, so perhaps you can't get anything but the Breen Chel Grett this year, but next year it may be the Plesh Brek, and so on. This wouldn't be a case of replacing the new ship, but a second event which rewarded the old ship for a similar commitment in time and effort.

I agree with this ideal and so long as the work involved is equal to the first event then i don't see why any one else should have a issue with it. Even have multiple types of event activity ,racing ,combat, timed actions like the epohh tag, and so on. That way players would have more than 1 way to earn the ships. I can do the ice race, as well as the things on Risa. But not everyone can this would also solve that issue as well.
    Instead of using the extra Event Ship Tokens for Dilithium when the trade-in project unlocks....I would gift any extras, so I could help others finish their projects.
    Well that's just a non starter. Anyone could just gift tokens to themselves with alt accounts and be done on day one.

Does it compare to running the Ice Race or Flying High on one character???
    Or signing on one day and finding Cryptic is giving away freebies??? Some of which have been ships and shuttles?

Or are they going to be grinding for years?

I started with a base of 20-25 ships. Ships I collected before Admiralty was a thing.
    Those ships meant absolutely nothing, I didn't use them, just another thing to store away....until...
    STO is a F2P MMO. There's no way to argue around this.
    Now, that Admiralty is a thing, is it fair that there is a subset of players who start it with 7-8 ships?
    Yes it is fair. STO is a F2P game. Pay up or start grinding.
    Why send good Dilithium out to buy more boxes rather, than breaking down higher level tokens? They are worthless to you in that form.
    They're insanely hard to get. Just because there's nothing in them that I don't have RIGHT NOW doesn't mean that this will be the case in the future. Maybe I'll get in a car accident and be hospitalized for 6 months. My epic and ur tokens will come in handy some day if that happens. If not though, they're just sitting there wasting away until the day comes in which they are useful. If someone is stupid enough to trade down a token that has a 1/1000 chance to drop for something that has a 9/10 chance to drop, then that person is just an idiot. I could easily just acquire more green/blue phoenix tokens with worthless dilithium without wasting my prized epic and ur tokens that are ridiculously rare.
  • charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    If you still have the 2017 Event slotted, you CAN use the 2018 vouchers to unlock this one now, i'm pretty sure that's a new addition that i haven't seen before, not sure if it works with every winter event still slotted, but was very happy to see this, since i missed that one last year due to being sick and unable to play.

Next step should be the option to slot older events for newcommers and those who might have missed any of them for any reason (it is a game and not a real-life exclusive event or whatever afterall).
    edited December 2018

Being here from the start as a reason to say its fine to lock the items off from new players cause they were not here at that time is worthless. New players as well as old players should have a equal chance at getting special event items past present or future. Saying i was here so i get them and they were not here so shaft the new players with worthless odds at getting any of the items is just saying look at me you new players im special i have these items. Get over your self it is a problem and keeping the game alive and running is more needed than players hording there precious.

Well, I'll put your childish tone aside since I expected that at least one person would get all huffy.

How exactly are you 'getting the shaft' by not having access to older event ships? Is there something in this game that you absolutely need a T5 Breen Chel Grett to accomplish? Is there some hidden mode of game play that I am unaware of that is somehow blocked off to you if you don't have an Event ship from 4 years ago? Please, explain your victim mentality to me, I would love to hear it.

It's not uncommon for games of this type to reward players for playing the game. If you weren't here for it, you don't get punished, but you don't have access to those rewards either. Now if they had something in the game that new players could not do or could not access because they couldn't get older items.. then I would agree with you. I also strongly disagree with the idea of having pieces of ship sets tied to events for this exact reason. There should be no punishment at all for not having old event items, but that doesn't mean that players that did the events cannot be rewarded.

The only thing you really need these ships for is maybe admiralty, but the game is still giving away ships that you can use. They're giving one away right now, and come February you'll get another one for the Anniversary Event. There is nothing in this game that you need old Event ships to accomplish, most of them are pretty worthless anyway. The only person here who's mindset needs adjustment is yours. You're not a victim and you're not entitled to stuff just because you say you should be.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    The problem is that lots of very powerful items, including DOMINO and Cold Hearted - both part of current meta, are directly tied to the ships we've received from past events. Sure, when you were around those days, it's very nice, because then they are essentially free for you, however players who joined later will notice they are lacking some important stuff. And of course you can say that "you can beat every content in game without those items" which is of course correct, but nevertheless, those items are at least currently best in slot and when someone wants to be competitive in, for example, DPS race, they will have a hard time doing so without those.

And true, Phoenix Box exists, which is an extremely welcome addition to the game, however imo it needs a "convert-up" method too. Say, the possibility to use 50 tokens of lower rarity to convert them to one rarity rank higher. So you wouldn't need to spend millions of dil trying to obtain your event ship and still get potentially s---ed over by RNG.
    The problem is that lots of very powerful items, including DOMINO and Cold Hearted - both part of current meta, are directly tied to the ships we've received from past events. Sure, when you were around those days, it's very nice, because then they are essentially free for you, however players who joined later will notice they are lacking some important stuff. And of course you can say that "you can beat every content in game without those items" which is of course correct, but nevertheless, those items are at least currently best in slot and when someone wants to be competitive in, for example, DPS race, they will have a hard time doing so without those.

And true, Phoenix Box exists, which is an extremely welcome addition to the game, however imo it needs a "convert-up" method too. Say, the possibility to use 50 tokens of lower rarity to convert them to one rarity rank higher. So you wouldn't need to spend millions of dil trying to obtain your event ship and still get potentially s---ed over by RNG.

Good points indeed, but personally.. I would prefer simply making the items more accessible through the Phoenix Boxes.

The real issue here is the odds on getting a needed ship via the Phoenix Boxes. The odds are so insanely low that the option might as well not even exist. There are certain items like the ones that you mentioned that are very useful and I thought that offering them on a per character basis through Phoenix Boxes was a nice compromise. The problem is, they made the odds so abysmal that the solution isn't much of a solution at all.

I know personally, I have opened hundreds and hundreds of these boxes (I open them for upgrade kits) and I have received a total of 1 Ultra Rare and never a single Epic. I have opened at least 600 boxes.. those odds just aren't good enough. If they don't up the odds then I would love to see them add event ship consoles like Dominio, Protomatter, etc to the Very Rare category so that they were attainable by those who need them.
This discussion has been closed.