test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-Game Mail

sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
So I recently hit the mail limit on my account, and had to delete some to mail gear to alts.
What is the exact number of mails an account can have before it is full?
Between Fleet notices tips & whatnot, friends' correspondences, and notices from the Exchange it adds up. Don't even get me started on spam.
I was also doing some RP by mail, but that does not appear viable anymore.

On another note, is it true some accounts had their mail nerfed because they had too many items attached to mail?
4073703.jpg
[SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
=A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
Tagged:

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I don't know the max messages without attachments, but you're supposed to be limited 100 attachments in your mail.

On the nerf, sort of. Messages and attachments were at one point unlimited, but during an update the mail system broke if you had more than a certain amount of items in the mail and it started just deleting messages past a certain point entirely. Special efforts were made to recover the items lost, and then limits put on to make sure it didn't break in that way again. I would've preferred a more robust system be put in place that could handle the old message volume, but at least it's mostly functional now.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    100 items so 20 mails with items in it. no idea about non item mails
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I miss the unlimited mail. I had many many mails of Boffs since you needed them to train your Boffs since they used to only be able to know 4 powers at a time.. Thankfully they made the Training Manuals and Boffs able to know all powers so keeping bunch of Boffs around isn't needed anymore.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Thank you, everyone!
    After reading your replies, it occurred to me to see what the wiki had, if any, info on the subject.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mail
    " Excluding mails from game services (like the exchange), players will receive a full mail message if they have more than 200 emails in their inbox nor 20 emails with an item attachment[1]. Only the oldest 300 mails can be viewed[2].

Only one fleet mail can be sent per day, regardless of who was the sender. "

1.↑ Release notes - July 18, 2013
    2.Jump up ↑ Release notes - August 22, 2013

So it looks like 300 is the absolute max limit, but mail with attachments can shorten that, as they cut off at 20.
    I had used over a million EC to get new gear for alts, mainly ship weapons. When I failed to receive them, I was pissed. So now I have an idea as to how the mail (current version) works. Shame about lost items though. Maybe I can have a small hope they can be recovered as I clear out older stuff.
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Update: After clearing out some old mail on one of my main accounts, some 'missing/lost' mail has returned.
    So there is hope the 1-2 mil EC-worth of weapons might yet return.
    Thank God!
    4073703.jpg