test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Low Level Solanae

sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
Here's a weird one. I have level 8 Solanae deflector and shield. They can't be upgraded. Intended?
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Yeah, I ran into that issue a few weeks back. It's a known issue and only Mk XII items can be upgraded. I figured they'd at least get the free "leveling" upgrade ability, but... nope.

Honestly, it seems like when they revamped the mission journal and essentially allowed players to run any mission at any level, they kind of forgot that some items could be gotten as rewards earlier than what they were originally intended for and didn't "flip the switch" to allow those items to be upgraded.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    "Upgradable" mission rewards only came about when we got the mission "Uneasy Allies" (Iconian War) added to the game, so everything prior to that in your Episode Journal has static rewards. If you want newer versions, you have to replay the mission.

(Still, it would be nice to have these earlier rewards made freely upgradable as well.)
    Post edited by inferiority on
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    makes sense. thanks. back to the grindstone
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."