test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

duelist's fervor does not proc on kills from teammates

feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
hello,

there is a problem with the duelist's fervor personal space trait.
based on the description, it should give you a buff "Whenever you or a teammate kills something:".
that does not happen.

for the test we spawned 3 to'duj fighters in a pvp arena. the first 2 are killed by my teammate (second 10 and 15) and nothing happen. the icon from duelist's fervor doesnt appear in the buff bar. Only the other buffs are active (anchored stacks counter command 2 piece, context is for kings, competitive engine proc on heal and a few fleet buffs). at around second 18 in the video below i kill 1 to'duj fighter by myself and i get the appropriate buff. its the one between context is for kings and emergency weapon cycle, more or less at the center of the buffbar.

it does proc when my own pets kill an enemy.

here is the video of it:

https://youtu.be/arpAW4MfLF4

hope this will help to track down the issue ;)

with friendly regarts,
Felisean

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Definitely some weirdness going from what I can tell. By chance you didn't happen to have a combat log running did you? Also did you guys test it on anything other than the fighters? I'm curious as to how it's reacting to full on starships getting nuked. If you have a log of some type and don't mind posting it here that could potentially reveal something going on behind the scenes not readily visible on video.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    Definitely some weirdness going from what I can tell. By chance you didn't happen to have a combat log running did you? Also did you guys test it on anything other than the fighters? I'm curious as to how it's reacting to full on starships getting nuked. If you have a log of some type and don't mind posting it here that could potentially reveal something going on behind the scenes not readily visible on video.

we've tested in in carraya too and back in the days by killing people too. never procced when someone else killed an enemy since the release of that trait
  • Options
    @darkbladejk btw, why did you need a combatlog for that. since buffs arent displayed there sadly. or is it for the kills?
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    @felisean I was more after the raw combat data and the log file than anything. You're correct that most buffs aren't always shown in the parsers themselves, however there will still be some mention of them in the log file itself even if it doesn't show on the parsers.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    @felisean I was more after the raw combat data and the log file than anything. You're correct that most buffs aren't always shown in the parsers themselves, however there will still be some mention of them in the log file itself even if it doesn't show on the parsers.

the problem is, when the targets are dead you dont see anything. in addition, for such a thing you need to get rid of all other buffs and it need to be showing the increase beyond the random factor you have normaly. but thats a long term thing and is a problem with the 10 second buff duration ^^

i'm always up to test something, just pm me ingame in case you wanna do something.