test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re-playable missions only able to be played once.

geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
I skipped a couple of missions to collect the equipment in the mission "Melting Pot". It allowed me to play the mission and I selected the Warp Engine as the reward. But when I went back to play it again I had no options to do anything with the mission, no replay, no skip, not even an "i" in the circle. Just the mission description. But the mission contact had changed from Quinn to Mission Simulator which I believe is normal.
[img][/img]gEk8Uxs.jpg

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Welcome to the new streamlined mission journal. Now you don't need to worry about playing a mission more than once.

Because you can't.

Seriously though, this is becoming a bit of a joke how they keep changing things that don't need to be changed. Then the unneeded change interacts in a way that it then breaks other things. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

However, looking at your screenshot, it would appear that you will need to go through each of those other arcs and play/skip everything until you are caught up to New Frontiers. If an arc is greyed out, it isn't complete and I see 3 unfinished arcs there. That could very well be your problem. if you actually have played thru or skipped everything, then yup, bug.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I did. the thing that is circled is the reward I got the first time round just an hour or so before the bug post.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    If the program sees you have finished (or skipped) everything in "Delta Quadrant", "Iconian War", "Yesterday's War", and "Future Proof".....it will allow you to play the missions in "New Frontiers". Until then, it stays gray in the sidebar menu.

Replay on missions you already did, shows up AFTER all the gray titles are gone in the sidebar menu, up to the location the mission is listed. I can expand on this, if you do not understand what I mean.

IF all of missions in the story arcs listed above, are finished (or skipped) and you still don't see it....yes, it is a bug.

If you accepted a hail in the "Available" tab for that mission (but the Episode Story arc was still gray)....then that was a bug, too. And, yes, I have seen that happen.

Until everything is set to the final state, the program might get scrambled up on what is supposed to show up and when.

NOTE: forgot to mention, the thing that is messing up a lot of players is....the Devs ADDED TFOs (queues) to every Episode Story Arc. Those will need to be finished (or skipped), in order to get to the next Episode Story Arc.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I skipped a few missions to get to that one by the use of the skip button. But after playing it through once it forgot that I skipped them, but DID NOT allow me to skip them again, but the mission was still seen as unplayable (EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY PLAYED IT ONCE) AND HAD RECEIVED THE FIRST AWARDED PRIZE FROM THE MISSION.

Hence it is a bug!
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    After the 'stream lining' be glad you can even play them once.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @geezerpunk , Make sure to skip any mission you can starting from Klingon war all the way to New frontiers arc. There are only a handfull of mandatory missions. Do let me know if you require any help with what missions you will need to skip/ do.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    I skipped a few missions to get to that one by the use of the skip button. But after playing it through once it forgot that I skipped them, but DID NOT allow me to skip them again, but the mission was still seen as unplayable (EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY PLAYED IT ONCE) AND HAD RECEIVED THE FIRST AWARDED PRIZE FROM THE MISSION.

Hence it is a bug!

This. And it isn't just the episode pointed out in the OP. The Beta Quadrant dailies (Traelus Satellite Repair, Defense Contract, and Hail Sh'mar) cannot be replayed since the so-called "streamlining", nor can the four wrappers on New Romulus (Atlai, Vastam Peaks, Paehos(sp?) Crater, and Haewel(sp?) Ruins be replayed since the AoD went online and the fudged the mission journal.

I don't know about the Deferi Dailies, since I haven't tried to replay them since AoD went live.

• michael0525michael0525 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    This bug does not appear to have been fixed yet...I have encountered it today...Instructed to use mission simulator, which used to be in my ready room but now is gone...I can't find it anywhere but need to replay the Sunrise mission to get the final console item in the group...Has anyone found a work-around?
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @michael0525 , Please make sure to look at your mission journal and verify you do not have any missions you have not skipped/ Completed yet.