test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sompek Pulsewave and Merits of Sompek

I've had the Sompek Pulsewave project slotted since the last day of the original event (I was really busy with work and unable to do the event at all, only slotting the project the morning it went away and doing so just before work, so I couldn't even get a single run in).

I had hoped to go at it again when the next Arena of Sompek came around, but that's when they changed it from needing Merits of Sompek to Weekend Vouchers, which has left me with a project that I am completely incapable of completing, as the Pulsewave still requires Merits of Sompek to complete.

Is there a way to still get Merits of Sompek?

Is there a plan in place to switch the required tokens from Merits of Sompek to Weekend Vouchers?

Is there a plan in place to put the Sompek Pulsewave into the Phoenix Prize Pack?
Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Check the project, if you had it selected, they changed it to only require 1 merit. You should have it unlocked next time you log in, just check the project and claim it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Check the project, if you had it selected, they changed it to only require 1 merit. You should have it unlocked next time you log in, just check the project and claim it.

Yeah, except that it requires one merit. I have zero merits and there is no way to get them anymore since they switched to Weekend Vouchers for the arena.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Check the project, if you had it selected, they changed it to only require 1 merit. You should have it unlocked next time you log in, just check the project and claim it.

Yeah, except that it requires one merit. I have zero merits and there is no way to get them anymore since they switched to Weekend Vouchers for the arena.

Ah.. ok.

Well if you slotted the project but didn't add one merit then sorry but I think your only choice is cancel it. I don't know of any way to get merits anymore. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Too bad we can't sell these types of tokens on the Exchange. I might even do these things, since I don't care for collecting the "stuff".
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And they didn't switch to Weekend. It started out as a Weekend and then they brought in the 14 day abomination and have reverted back to Weekend.

They will most likely never bring back the 14 day as they never would have let us complete with just one Merit if that were the case.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    This is just a complementary note, please refer 1st to the upper useful posts.

I just claimed sompek assault thing (unsure pulsewave) account wide somehow despite NOT doing this project on all characters - finished it on some of those only (and not having/had the project slotted anymore when last patch came). Noting in the faint case there is a linkage - I've noticed that today, after buying the shield for 3 weekend vouchers too.

I don't know if this became retroactively as account-wide unlock
    and I don't know how it was unlocked, by weekend vouchers or by merit (14 or, in case one had that slotted at last patch's time, also in progress, 1).

But just check if it's unlocked (or if you alternatively have this on the char's possession)
    or if you alternatively could buy it for 3 weekend vouchers just in case.

P.S. - not related to claiming.
    While the assault thing adjusts/increases stats according to your level (until you are 50, not included?), it doesn't by default adjust to boff's. But both assault and shield parts of the set can get freely upgraded to XII when you are at the right level (50+?) doing such not only improves the stats but also make the assault thing usable by boffs (without boff's weapon's no level adjustment's "penalty"/bug) in case you want this.

Another P.S.
    Canceling projects sometimes was done due to losing hope to finish/thinking no more merit or way too many projects or not intending to collect 14 (as it was for a little while) for each such char, and/or, considering that there is a limited number of projects and some people run out of slots (ditched to make a place for getting something else slotted). Yes, it's a choice but some people like me lagged beyond and some gave up some progress.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Sorry, checked. different items (and different reclaim place)

One is pulsewave, non account reclaim (personal reclaim under special items and boxes - reclaim) - at least for those who gained it before for *14* merits, it seems...
    The other one is assault, and is account reclaimable on U -> events -> store -> weekend.

Different weapons (the assault seems a lot weaker than the other to me) but both are of level "infinity" (adjusting)/freely upgraded to XII when of the correct level (50?) and both can complete the set with the shield.

Plus, it turns out I, too, have an empty 1 merit project - at that time I was too exhausted from non account reclaim tasks, IIRC, so did it on one char and ditched for the rest yet forgot to cancel one of those OR had a place for the slot to keep for a while. While I did unlock it for a char, alas, it isn't full for the other char (or any other char) of even a single merit.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:

Ambassadorkael mentioned that the pulsewave may be added to the phoenix box. It will be character bound OC.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.