What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another Nerf Call - Hive Onslaught

2»

Comments

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The choice was one of the better ones for the endeavour, far more than the ds9 ground one, tholian captain, the romulus RA (which fits perfectly with their current ethos of making people wait about for ages instead of engaging with the game) or the pvp one that considers winning to be the only thing that counts as participation.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Not sure what the dealio is with this Normal or Advanced thing. Obviously, something is going wrong with that format, for whatever reason.

I don't do the queues, but in the story missions, I don't notice a difference between Normal or Advanced except that brokenass injury system. And that is why I went back to normal.

Endeavors, as they are, is a gift, not effort....so, why would players respond otherwise?
    Why throw in a mission to make players reach, right in the middle of it all? LOL!

And with the advanced players complaining, yet persisting, in "carrying" the rest, anyways. What is going on there>
    Are they so relieved they can play at all?? Why? It is bizarre.

Maybe when they do the revamps into those "Personal Endeavors" it would be presented in such a way to pose a challenge, "testing your gaming". So players know: we are pushing your horizons, you have to persevere.

There will be people, like me, who won't care and ignore the whole thing.
    But others will take up the mantle...and find it the reason to change or improve.

Hopefully, the Devs can pull it off.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Do you also have a problem with that TFO where you are supposed to block Borg probes from entering a central gate? You keep shooting at the gates, but they siomply don't take any damage?

If so, then my advice would be, ask for advice.

LOL! You win the internet today with this comment :D
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Only thing they need do is look at how kinetic damage is working in space and ground really as I'm pretty sure mobs now have a baked in chance to ignore shields

Other than that, HSA is fine as is - it just requires you to pay attention to the teamate on your side and decide who should hunt mobs and who should save the drones - not headbutting borg killer torps also helps too
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    Only thing they need do is look at how kinetic damage is working in space and ground really as I'm pretty sure mobs now have a baked in chance to ignore shields

Other than that, HSA is fine as is - it just requires you to pay attention to the teamate on your side and decide who should hunt mobs and who should save the drones - not headbutting borg killer torps also helps too

Nah they don't, they just have shield neutralizers that kill your shields altogether.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    or just take off advanced?? once you learn the map and it gets easy then go back in? way back when I queued for an advanced stf.. cannot remember which one. just remember a very bloody nose.. I learned my limits and have not gone advanced again. I'd rather not die every 30 seconds.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    There is an issue with the mind set of just doing normal instead of advanced, even though that would be the logical choice, is that there is no penalty. That penalty for doing advanced an failing the optional objectives is a small difference in reward payout mark wise, and yet you also get the elite mark that is worth basically another 100 marks.
  • Options
    kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    did it in advanced a few times since this thread was posted, I haven't had any problems with it
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    After running Hive Onslaught the only issue I can find with it extends to all NPC's that fire torpedo's or have some sort of Kinetic weaponry. The high crit value they can hit for and ability to one shot kill you or come pretty close to it can feel like the games using exploitive tactics. Terran Empire and Tzenkethi are the worst for this.

The mission itself is fine its NPC kinetic damage that's a problem I find

If only player Torpedoes were more like this and not a joke in most cases...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Well, it just sounds like Cryptic made a bad choice of mission for Endeavors system, as it currently stands.
    It probably doesn't need to be looked at any further than that.
    The only bad choice of mission Cryptic made was/is not including all the missions in it.
  • Options
    joebob73joebob73 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Another of everyone's favourite threads! :smiley: I've not played Hive Onslaught in a while but it is\was the recent Endeavour mission so I queued for H.O. - Adv. after mistakenly queuing for (and beating) Infected: The Conduit - Adv. I was running a toon with MK IV er I mean MK XIV weapons :blush: and (IMHO) a decent ship, though there's room for improvement if I ever get back into STO more heavily. One of my teammates is Fleet and has a ship significantly more leveled than mine. Can't comment on the calibre of the other 3 but I'd say it was a fairly standard sort of group - not level 50's with MK XII's by any means, but not dps maxxers either. We got absolutely shredded! One guy quit before the failure of the first optional, and another 2 quit prior to the 2nd optional failure - which is something like 30 minutes in. I gave up sometime prior to that when the AI started spawn camping and it became impossible to survive long enough to flee combat. Yes I know fleeing combat isn't what the game's supposed to be about but it is the only viable option for a build that can't slug it out. As the 2nd last to quit I avoided the 30 minute leaver penalty, but it still rankles that we're encouraged to do a mission then get penalised when it proves impossibly hard unless we wait out pretty much everyone else. Replayed on normal difficulty and the mission took all of oh maybe 5 minutes and the only time I got blown out of space was when one of the command vessel's clipped me with it's death ray. Comparing the 2 versions it seems like H.O. Adv. is more like Elite when compared to the Normal version and needs some serious rebalancing!!!

Cue shrill screaming by angry dpsers? :smile:

If you have an issue dealing with Hive Advanced, post screenshots of your build here. I'm sure people would be more than willing to help you improve it.
This discussion has been closed.