test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[SUGGESTION] Creating new social zones using the Foundry

captainconradcaptainconrad Member Posts: 48 Arc User
This idea just popped into my head and I figured I'd share. But what if players designed more social zones using the Foundry and then players could try them out. If enough people liked them, perhaps the Devs could just make them permanent additions to the game.

For example, if some players wanted to build other cities to visit like New York or Tokyo or whatever city they wanted to add on Earth or any other planet it could be a cool and efficient way to add new social zones.

Obviously this could take some time to implement, but I think players being able to add new environments even just as simple social zones would be pretty awesome!
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I believe there is a limit to number of people who can be in a Foundry map at once. ??? I think someone who make Foundry missions can say.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    The number of people you can have on a Foundry Map at the same time I THINK... is 5. Teamed up. Otherwise it will load seperate instances for everyone.

Besides... we got a few social zones that are already neglected. Vulcan, Andoria, and to an extent Bajor. Vulcan and Andoria... there's nothing to do there, and only really get used during the Anniversary event. Bajor suffers from the fact that DS9 is RIGHT NEXT to it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I ould rather see revamps of Andor and Vulcan, and the addition of Khitomer as another KDF social zone. the thing is, you need to have something in those zones to make players want to go there. maybe something like minimissions like on bajor that let you accumulate small amounts of dil, diplomatic exp, maybe vendors who have unique gear. maybe a mini celebrations on random weekends where you can get doffs boffs and admiralty cards, like a 3d chess tournament on Vulcan, or a snowman making contest on Andor.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.