test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level requirements gone now?

talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
I didn't see it in the notes but have the level requirements for stuff been permanently been removed?

If so. Bout time.
afMSv4g.jpg
Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    yo mean for missions? they have not been a factor in any significant way in a long time. the only level issue i ever have is the diplomacy mission early on. I hate doing it in a t1 ship. I grind the planet patrols till I can get the T2 ship so I have the heals to survive the battle before the fleet shows
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > Not that I'm aware of, and if they were it would make STO the only MMO not to have them that I've ever heard of.

Well right now I'm doing my DSC toon, lvl 15 and on mine enemy. So why I was asking.

Though granted I am using the prototype Walker so I am likely getting away with it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Yes, level requirements were removed.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Yes, level requirements were removed.

Nice! Thanks.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    yo mean for missions? they have not been a factor in any significant way in a long time.

To expand on this: the last, if not the only, time they ever were relevant, was directly after DR hit and people at 50 had troubles getting to the level 55 content - which normally wouldn't have happened because when you reached the Delta quadrant with a new toon, you'd have been way past that level, it was just that everybody had sunk innumerable XP in the limit.

But it makes for a somewhat interesting decision for newer toons: which unique gear to get how quickly.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
This discussion has been closed.