test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did not receive first cadre of duty officers

roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
was supposed to get everything else at Lt. Cmd rank 11, got it all but the duty officers.

Comments

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @roman1229 , Do you mean as a discovery character post downfall at level 11 you are not getting the mission to go claim some doffs?
  • tearex#9183 tearex Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have the same issue, I'm level 13 and I didn't receive any duty officers at level 11. It's as if I haven't unlocked that system, however I can see the available missions - Personal,Local,etc. My Roster is at 0.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I'm also having this problem. Discovery character, all the way to Level 24 and just finished Specters, still no mission to get DOffs. The only ones I have are the emergency holo DOffs and an account unlock from an old promo.
    @roman1229 , @tearex#9183 , and @solidshark214 , The issue has been identified and the proper team is currently looking at it now.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    @roman1229 , @tearex#9183 , and @solidshark214 , The issue has been identified and the proper team is currently looking at it now.

Hello. Do you happen to have word on how long it might be before we see a fix? Is there any danger in leveling a Discovery captain and further breaking the duty officer system for that character?

Thanks.
    Hello @tagen , There is no danger in leveling a discovery character. The developer has assured me that the initial starting cadre mission will be retroactively available. In the mean-time you can use the duty officer system to your hearts content.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @chrian#9670 said:
    > @roman1229 , @tearex#9183 , and @solidshark214 , The issue has been identified and the proper team is currently looking at it now.

Is this issue an across-the-board one or just with these users?

I ask because I too am having the issue, as are numerous others in the game.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    @themadprofessor#9835 , Across-the-board. All discovery characters will currently not receive the first complement mission until a later patch.
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I did get my first two cadres after the patch. thank you so much.
    Wait, I found the perfect explanation for why!

(Cross-posted from another site)

TRIBBLE Captain: Why won't they approve any transfers into my crew? Don't they know I need more enlisted? My bridge crew practically has to do everything themselves, including away missions! That I lead! If it weren't for the EMH (lovely bit of tech that) I don't think any of us would still be alive because the doctor got shot on away mission and we didn't have anyone to treat him, never mind the rest of us!

Admiral Quinn: Sorry, but we've discovered a discrepancy in the records that shows you and your entire crew were reported dead. Almost two hundred years ago. Until Starfleet Intelligence finishes the investigation I've had no choice but to put a hold on any new crew transferring in.

TRIBBLE Captain: DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIELS!

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Well it was supposedly patched today and I did not receive my mission...is there way to trigger the mission?

(I also did a bunch of Recruitment missions on Starfleet Academy so...maybe that might affect it? I would have assumed it would have been applied retroactively to all Disco toons and not just new ones?)
    Post edited by raventomoe on
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited October 2018
    Hello @tagen , There is no danger in leveling a discovery character. The developer has assured me that the initial starting cadre mission will be retroactively available. In the mean-time you can use the duty officer system to your hearts content.

Was this patch supposed to let existing Discovery captains get the mission?
    "Resolved an issue that prevented Discovery captains from getting their first complement of Duty Officers from Lt. Ferra."

If so, anything specific we need to do to trigger it?

Thanks.
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Well it was supposedly patched today and I did not receive my mission...is there way to trigger the mission?

(I also did a bunch of Recruitment missions on Starfleet Academy so...maybe that might affect it? I would have assumed it would have been applied retroactively to all Disco toons and not just new ones?)

I did not do any of the recruitments yet, so it wasn't that.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I can get duty officer missions, but I have no duty officer with which to do them. 14:00 CDT 10/16/18
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I have only one liberated Borg guy duty officer. He's slightly overworked, and would appreciate help.
  • calexistacalexista Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Still waiting to be able to get my initial 20 Duty Officer Cadre for level 11. Never had the mission pop up or them appear at level 12 or 13 yet either since I was hoping upon gaining a new level that it would kick start the mission.
  • roamerzaroamerza Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Same here. At level 11 and no drop of of Doffs. Even popped down to the Academy, stood in front of Ferra and he had nothing for me. Really want to see those Doffs drop before I carry on progressing the character.
    Anyone seen official word about what happened (or was supposed to happen) with today's patch?
    Hello @azrael605 , Just checked and fix is still in progress to be applied.
    Hello @azrael605 , Just checked and fix is still in progress to be applied.

Good to know it is still in the works. Since it seems to have been in the patch notes a couple of times now, though, any idea what is happening with it?

Thanks.
    There's a patch later today, so maybe then?
    guljarol wrote: »

Third time's the charm? :smile:
    tagen wrote: »
    guljarol wrote: »

Third time's the charm? :smile:

One can hope XD
    Success!
    > @tagen said:
    > Success!

Yay! Now to claim that one BOFF that I got around Level 50...

Things I want in STO:

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Officially as of today the first cadre is still not available.
    My Orion went to Quonos academy, spoke to the correct contact on the ground and got nada.
    The contact acknowledged my assignment completion but with 0 doffs.
    My Ferengi just made 11 and also went to academy spoke to contact 0 doffs.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Posting about this here at the request of GM Somnolence.

I have recently had this problem occur on a Romulan character.
    I reached level 11, I was given the mission to go see Centurion Velaar on New Romulus, and reported to her as required.
    The system gave me the mission completed type message, however it has not given me any duty officers at all, that is the "Initial Duty Officer Cadre" as it calls it in the levels rewards list.
    I gave it a few minutes, did another hand in, and then logged out and back in again, just to make sure it wasn't something 'stuck' in the system somehow, but I still had zero duty officers on the roster.
    The only automatically awarded types I've been given are the 'Emergency R&D Hologram' type.