What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It is now more difficult to find, join and play many queues, not easier

13»

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    warpangel wrote: »
    “Nothing is lost by this. You can join any number of queues you want simultaneously, even all of them. If nothing pops and you don't have time to wait, then don't. You can, in fact, leave a queue at any time.” .
    That is not true that nothing has been lost. I have fail to get into a single queue out of the ones I enjoy playing since this change. Before the expansion I could do a daily queue of my choice without a problem. How can you say nothing has changed when I have gone from doing a quick daily queue of my choice to zero queues? I am just logging out of the game for the 2nd time today without getting a queue played all due to these changes and I didn't manage to get into any of these queues yesterday either. It has been a complete waste of time logging and trying to play as the change has killed the queue system for me.

The fact is the change has made many queues much harder to play as well as driving a bunch of people away from a bunch of queues. Which it counter productive to the goals of the change.

“The numbers were removed to prevent waiting for 3-4 people to queue first. Because if everyone does that, then nobody will ever queue for anything. Even if there are 5+ people wanting to play they won't ever get to, because they're all waiting for the other 4 to queue up first.” .
    It doesn’t work like that and removing the numbers means you cannot see 3 or 4 people are queueing and go that looks fun lets join them. Which is mutually efficient and beneficial to those 3 or 4 people waiting and ourselves that joined them.

The change is counterproductive and this enforcement is making it harder to get into many queues. We are not going to forgot about this in a few months and we will not be better off from it. The change is not mutually efficient so far it has been the opposite being mutually inefficient for the queues I am talking about.

Due to they change those 3 or 4 people end up waiting even longer meaning the queues get played even less. Which is worse for everyone involved.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Are you seriously trying to PUG elites?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    While I do prefer premades my fleet is dead due to recent changes to the game. Due to the timezone I am in during my main play time premades are difficult to find. More often than not Elites are ok as PUGS although there are some that I avoid. Bug Hunt Elite and Dranuur Beach Assault tended to be mostly ok and I enjoyed those.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

Is there any other way?
    No problem at all with elite ground pugs, especially the Elachi, Nukara and Gorn ones.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The numbers were removed to prevent waiting for 3-4 people to queue first. Because if everyone does that, then nobody will ever queue for anything. Even if there are 5+ people wanting to play they won't ever get to, because they're all waiting for the other 4 to queue up first.
    Very very well said.

This was an ongoing problem with both the queues and now even premades in channels. So many times when I type "LF4M" for an extended period, you really only get a bunch of people responding when you're down to "LF2M."

It's such a big problem that I sometimes start out with "LF3M" instead of "LF4M" since so many people seem to be too scared to be the first one in.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I logged in did my admiralty and doffs and logged out, since i can't do an RA and get any marks.. no problem. there is always Neverwinter
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Are you seriously trying to PUG elites?

Used to do it everyday. Wasn’t perfect, but most of the time it worked out fine. Looks like that’s not happening anymore.
  • selwynocorraselwynocorra Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I personally had a great experience with the new randoms. My very first try, I was in after a few seconds! It was the new "Defense of Starbase One" which I'd never played before. Had a good battle with some friends, got to see new content and...made a bunch of marks. The 2nd try was hellacious in some ways but I like what it did. I wasn't set up for ground and neither was my team mate on voice comm with me. We got dropped into a Borg ground combat that neither of us was prepared for. It was BRUTAL indeed! We were in their for over 40 minutes. Why would this be a 'good thing' you may ask? I saw how much of the game and my character's abilities I had been neglecting. Despite the difficulty, nobody in the PUG bailed. We all stuck it out. Right after I got over my frustration, I found that I was now inspired to go through every one of my people and bring their builds up to better spec for BOTH ground and space. My whole team did the same as the day progressed. Then we went into another random and played in another scenario that none of us had ever done before. We had to read the mission briefs (actually, enjoy the great new voice talents) and strategize. We had to fight hard and really pay attention to and support each other. That one took awhile but we had a great time and felt like we had accomplished something in the game. I've been playing since 2013 and I had more fun, despite a few problems, than I've had in a long time. All my team members felt the same.

The problems we ran into included being set up for ground or space and winding up in the opposite kind of TFO. I think this can be fixed in 2 ways. Presently, you can queue for a specific TFO and just wait if you want and get base rewards. It would be great if we could do a pre-select on random space or random ground and get a higher reward tier. Lastly, if you select a totally random TFO, the game could switch you to a prearranged ground or space build that you have ready and give you the highest reward tier. If they patched the game to do that, I honestly don't think any of us would want to come back from that. We had settled into a sort of routine of doing 'Red Alerts' and selected STF's for character building, all the while waiting for the excitement of a new content package. There were MANY STF's that we wanted to try but could rarely queue for given the numbers game. Some days, despite our love for the game, it was boring doing the same stuff over and over again. Now, in one day, the complacency was swept away, we were all inspired to really build our characters to be "ready for random" and we played 3 TFO's we'd never been in before. It even felt like the content was matching to the unknown of the final frontier for us. With a couple of pending corrections, this game has new life in it we wanted. I'm sorry if I sound like a shill but that was my honest experience and frankly, I see a whole lot of the 'right stuff' with this addition.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    (Flaming, vulgar comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The numbers were removed to prevent waiting for 3-4 people to queue first. Because if everyone does that, then nobody will ever queue for anything. Even if there are 5+ people wanting to play they won't ever get to, because they're all waiting for the other 4 to queue up first.
    Very very well said.

This was an ongoing problem with both the queues and now even premades in channels. So many times when I type "LF4M" for an extended period, you really only get a bunch of people responding when you're down to "LF2M."

It's such a big problem that I sometimes start out with "LF3M" instead of "LF4M" since so many people seem to be too scared to be the first one in.
    In premades it's actually a bit more understandable. Promising to join a team feels like a commitment, something not to go back on lightly, so people may be hesitant to make that promise if they are unsure of the waiting time.

But in the queues where you can just drop in, see if something comes up fast and leave if you don't want to wait no questions asked, there's really no reason not to do just that.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    I experienced almsot 1 leaver every que --.--
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Once had a "lag" on login and somehow maybe accidentally something was pressed without me seeing or noticing it, and was added to a quoue. accidentally. only realized this while heard the whistle and having to decline. I wonder how many time such happens - for me it happened once after AoD. Really no idea what was pressed and how.

P.S.
    I think there should be some time out at least until interface got fully loaded, visible and responding, (and after pressing any key ofc, if needed by login/map transfer) before allowing to join a public queue... I guess some seconds, maybe half a minute would be enough for most
  • angronsweangronswe Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    With the removal of estimated start time and how many people are queued up it is now much harder to play queues which do not draw from random. Yes I am aware those where never 100% accurate but I relayed on them to pick which queues to run. Especially for those of us that play any Elite or normal/advanced queues made up for 6+ captains. For those queues it is now impossible to see which are active and to choose to join in with them.

For example when people are queued up for Bug Hunt Elite or Dranuur Beach Assault I can no longer see that and join in. Which means less queues being played and more time wasted trying to get into queues due to them failing to start.

This change has all but killed the queue system for me as I have been unable to get into a single queue of my choice since this expansion. I used to be able to see what was active, pick a queue and drop right in. Now that doesn’t work and just like I feared from the Tribble testing I am sitting here wasting time picking queues and not getting them to start.

In short due to the changes I can no longer quickly play the queues I enjoy playing. The devs have just made it more difficult to find and join many queues, not easier. Unless this is changed I will be running less queues not more.

EDIT: Another way to look at is we used to be able to play sparsely played queues by being able to play them when other people are interested. Now when other people are interested and they are not part of random we cannot join in and so those sparsely played queues get played even less. The very opposite to what this feature is designed to do.

I think we we have to wait a bit to see how big effect this has. The 2 first days when I came home from work I set the rep on all of my 17 alts and then I was out of play time. Can't imagine how long it takes for those with even more alts. I play this game 99% solo so I pug a lot. I did try to queue for the ground elites that you normaly can get into(Brotherhood of the sword, Bug hunt, Defend Rh'lhho station, Miner Instabilities and Nukara Prime) while I was doing some other stuff but after 30 min I gave up.

If, when people have had enough time to max all rep and the queues you could normaly pug are still dead/super slow to get started. I will end up playing this game a lot less.
This discussion has been closed.