test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any benefit to rolling a Discovery toon?

124»

Comments

• Options
    deacondrake1592deacondrake1592 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Haha.. that's a great character name.

I might have to do something similar. :smiley:

Lol yea please do. Parts of me feel bad about it a bit as Cryptic surely put some effort into the new thing but I simply have reached my limits so can’t take it serious anymore. :)

- I don’t want to level a 13th toon to end with 95% of the story being the same
    - I don’t want to fill 156 instead of 144 rep sliders each day
    - I don’t want to claim another 100 admirality ships
    - I don’t want to gain CXP for weeks in undine BZ again
    - I don’t want to fill the same spec trees again for months
    - I don’t want to want to engage crafting again for one to two years to max out that system

I think that Dico is a journey better enjoyed by a new generation of players. Sorry for Cryptic but I really think I did my part already in this game as far as new toons in cencerned.

I totally agree here. Playing the new story ARC's is cool but then having to go back and grind out all the old stuff takes the fun out of it. Sure, they have made some changes to some of the older episodes here and there but trying to level up your toon through the old stuff is boring. If you're going to continue bringing toons out of a different time period the drop them in the current time line and leave the past behind. They could set up the old episodes as holo-training missions (Similar to what they are doing with the AoD now) available at your leisure instead of making it necessary to play through it all over again.
    Special Operations Command
    Special Services Armada
    "You can't outrun Death forever, but you can make the TRIBBLE work for it!:
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    HUGE waste of time to make one up and like many said LOST opportunity for Devs for missing out on a recruiting event.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I made mine last night. They did an excellent job re-working the standard Fed tutorial to place it in the Discovery era, and the voice acting for Tilly was great. I also like the Discovery visuals for the UI, shields, scans, etc.

No one can force us to level the character beyond the new content, so why not enjoy it?

(I give the TV show mixed reviews - the writing varied from good to cringe-worthy. When it was good, it was well worth watching.)
This discussion has been closed.