Install Arc
Options

Age of Discovery: Secrets

2»

Comments

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Secrets is the first episode available to Discovery-era Captains

I guess thats recruitment event confirmed?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    In the first episode of Age of Discovery, you are investigating a Klingon Raid on a Starfleet Reasearch facility. What Secrets will you uncover?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11005613

Sounds interesting.

Looking at the picture of the Vulcan examining the body, having two chest badges on each boot are not only excessive, but impractical too boot. How many times a person could be tripped up as the boot badges getting caught with fabrics, objects and plants before someone decides to toss them aside?
    Those are the buckles on the Disco boots. If you make a costume using them and zoom in they're almost flush with the main part of the boot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    burstorion wrote: »
    Secrets is the first episode available to Discovery-era Captains

I guess thats recruitment event confirmed?
    Not necessarily based on this quote alone. We've already known for weeks that we'll be able to create Discovery era captains. However, I do think there will be a Jem'Hadar style easy "grind" for a Discovery recruitment event. Or maybe they'll just re-run AoY. Or maybe both. We'll see.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Looking forward to this.

Going to be fun :-)
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • Options
    We've had a couple of featured episodes in which we play as a character that is not our own. The heist one and the one in which we play as the Tzenkethi.

Hopefully there will be a featured episode in which we can play as Burnham. Also, please make it un-skippable.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    (flame/troll post quote redacted) - darkbladejk

I'm certain your reasonable proposal will be considered 😗
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Admiral Kensington? Kinzie Kensington?? :D:dizzy:news41172_1-agents_of_mayhem_adds_kinzie_kensington_to_roster_with_agent_safeword_dlc.jpg
    Kinzie is probably better than Wilhelmina:
    2063362-wilhelmina3.jpg
    For reference she's not killing one of her ENEMIES...

well at least someone appreciated the joke :3
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I hope that bridge gets added to the Crossfield.
    I don't mean this as a complaint, only as honest feedback: I don't think Discovery content is going to help the game.

How can it not? There are clearly fans of it (I'm not one of them), and anything that brings players and funding to STO should help. Same with the Kelvin timeline, and it too brought some of the best ships (T'Laru, D4x, intel dread), as with the crossfield, walker, and whatever else that'll be made.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    Though Star Trek Discovery isn't what I consider "traditional Star trek," It is entertaining sciFi based on traditional Star Trek. I think Age of Discovery is going to be awesome! Thank you for your hard work guys! I can't wait!
  • Options
    madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    I really love the sense of entitlement some folks have on here, especially as the ones complaining the most haven’t bothered to listen to what’s been said about the addition of Discovery content to the game. So maybe it needs to be broken down and made simpler for them;

1/ AoD will create a new “faction” within the game, just as AoY did. Discovery toons will play a series of missions before being ported up to the 25th Century.

2/ Just like with any of the factions within the game – Federation, Klingon, Romulan, TOS, Jem’Hadar you will have a free choice on whether you play it or not. I want to take a moment here to expand on that point. You will have a choice on whether to play AoD. Discovery ships, toons, uniforms etc are not going to be forced on you. You are not going to have to replace anything you already have. This is being implemented in the same way AoY was.

3/ The mission selector gives you the ability to “skip” any mission you don’t want to play and move on to another. Therefore, IF there is a general mission added that has Discovery content in it, and you find that objectionable – you can just “skip” it.

4/ AoD is being added to give players MORE choice within the game. This will add, not take anything away from what is already there.

Now, lets look at the trite objections…

“Discovery isn’t successful…” says who? Seriously – where are you getting this information from? Because unless CBS has stated that as a fact, you’re talking out of your backside. Discovery has been a success for CBS and made them money. Enterprise on the other hand wasn’t a success and lost money. Hence it was cancelled. Is CBS talking about cancelling Discovery? Have they released any statement to that effect? Stating the show isn’t successful is just your opinion, nothing more.

“I don’t like Discovery…” perfectly fine. But now that you’ve stated that, you don’t need to KEEP stating it. I don’t like JJ Trek, but I don’t waste my time or anyone else’s ranting on STO forum posts about it.

“I don’t want to see it in game…” Tough. STO is not your game… And don’t give me that, “I’ve been playing since the beta/I’m a subscriber/I’m a lifer…” Guess what? So are many other people (myself included). WE don’t own the game. WE don’t own the rights to Trek. What Cryptic do is up to Cryptic. If you don’t agree with the content – don’t buy it, don’t play it. But you do not, and never will have the right, to stop other people from enjoying it.

And that’s the real bottom line – Cryptic have made a Trek MMO that allows the player to play Trek the way the individual player WANTS to play Trek. It’s a remarkable achievement, and one that as a community we should take pride in. Here is a game that really unites Trek fans by giving them a game where they can play the type and flavour of Trek they like – no matter what type of Trek they like.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • Options
    nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    In the first episode of Age of Discovery, you are investigating a Klingon Raid on a Starfleet Reasearch facility. What Secrets will you uncover?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11005613

Sounds interesting.

Looking at the picture of the Vulcan examining the body, having two chest badges on each boot are not only excessive, but impractical too boot. How many times a person could be tripped up as the boot badges getting caught with fabrics, objects and plants before someone decides to toss them aside?

Not their fault anyway... they are just keeping that as the ones at the show

DFwYZoyXYAAg9rS-1024x574.jpg
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    ...play as Burnham. Also, please make it un-skippable.

Please don't. I can't stand her. Let us play as Sarek and ignore her.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    duaths1 wrote: »

Actually playing as Sarek would be pretty cool too. Imagine a featured episode in which Sarek and Spock rescue Burnham!
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    duaths1 wrote: »

Actually playing as Sarek would be pretty cool too. Imagine a featured episode in which Sarek and Spock rescue Burnham!
    You know if they got the actors that wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

What would you think of this have Burnham be captured in such a way that UFP (or the Discovery crew) can't just swoop in and recue her thru force without causing something much worse and Sarek and Spock must work to together to save her without resorting to force. So Sarek has to distract the people who captured Burnham (possibly with a bonus objective of making the admit they captured essentially a starfleet officer) while Spock uses his skills as science officer to rescue Burnham with minimal casualities on both sides.

You can have it either playing as them or with player being part of Spock's team.

Though obviously you'd need the actors premission at very least for it to work.