test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes and Maintenance on All Platforms

Comments

• johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Well according to my fleet disscord they took the PS4/Xbox servers down again....
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    pork77 wrote: »
    You all just hope I'll leave season 1 of TNG soon behind me, because that may enlarge chances that I stop posting... ;)

Nah - keep posting. :)

And I greatly approve of your signature!

I'll probably stay a little longer... season 2 of TNG isn't that good, either.

And I stole the signature from you, after reading elsewhere on these forums, that only 3 people want the T& Nova, and 6 people sufficed to bring the New Orleans...

And I've been in love with the Nova ever since I first layed eyes on her.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    seffo9991 wrote: »
    johnl75 wrote: »
    Question for me is do i get coffee goin and try to power through and make up lost time... Or just say fack it and write the day as a loss

I am thinking same m8 22:06 here in ENGLAND do i go get some sleep and come back tomorrow loosing a day or stay up and see it ite back up in 23 mins? Guess ill wait if it comes up in 23 mins ill be able to at least refine some dilithium.

For me, the day is a loss on the Breach anyway, because of the 20h lock-out timer...
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Well according to my fleet disscord they took the PS4/Xbox servers down again....

"Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right!? Hello?"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User

Not sure what you're talking about mate: this event runs the same duration as all the others (previous Breach, Crystalline, Mirror Invasions) have, 21 days...

Last day is the 27th and unfortunately I'll be away by the 20th with no access to STO. Currently on my 7th and I'll need another 7 more. Losing a day leaves me little room to catch up without ponying up. I hope that cleared up your confusion.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    Well you only need 14 Voth transmissions for event. The event runs from the 6th to the 27th. Doin math that is 21 days to get somthing you only need 14 of. So missing 1 day will not rek you geting it done.
    Well you only need 14 Voth transmissions for event. The event runs from the 6th to the 27th. Doin math that is 21 days to get somthing you only need 14 of. So missing 1 day will not rek you geting it done.
    I can see if we only had say 16 days or 17 etc but their is room for 5 days of oops i missed it to get it done

Not sure what you're talking about mate: this event runs the same duration as all the others (previous Breach, Crystalline, Mirror Invasions) have, 21 days...

Last day is the 27th and unfortunately I'll be away by the 20th with no access to STO. Currently on my 7th and I'll need another 7 more. Losing a day leaves me little room to catch up without ponying up. I hope that cleared up your confusion.
    Well you left out some important details to your absence from game after the 20th :O We can only comment on what you share son!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,458 Arc User
    yeah but its progress, 5266MB?? thats a lot of bugs to add :p

It's only a 415MB patch. That is if you turned "Patch on demand" off ingame.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seffo9991seffo9991 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    i make it 12 mins to go, if timer goes up again ill see you all in game tomorrow unless its still down :(
    No update in Twatter/Facepalm yet so fingers crossed

My flight is on 20th. I'll be long gone by then. I won't be back for whole week.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    Pony up then :/
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Last Tweet from them said around 2-3 PT.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I'm just glad I'm not participating in the Breach event. I would be furious by now. After the stuff they pulled (just like this) with the Crystaline Catastrophe, this has got to end...

I had a character that started the event with EXACTLY enough time (almost to the hour) to complete it. Did it every single day, even when I was sick and puking my brains out, only to find that they were doing maintanince for the final 6 hours (or however long it was). With the twenty hour lockout I had approximately 1 1/2 hours from the end of my cooldown period till the end of the event. So, those previous 12 days were a complete waste of my time.
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png

Well you left out some important details to your absence from game after the 20th :O We can only comment on what you share son!

It was there. You missed it by 1min

It was there. You missed it by 1min

Lawl
    I'm just glad I'm not participating in the Breach event. I would be furious by now. After the stuff they pulled (just like this) with the Crystaline Catastrophe, this has got to end...

I had a character that started the event with EXACTLY enough time (almost to the hour) to complete it. Did it every single day, even when I was sick and puking my brains out, only to find that they were doing maintanince for the final 6 hours (or however long it was). With the twenty hour lockout I had approximately 1 1/2 hours from the end of my cooldown period till the end of the event. So, those previous 12 days were a complete waste of my time.

Yup.... I know this for sure. I ain't paying 1000 zen for it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Hmm, server went from trying to log in, to 'Server unavailable at this time'.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • unimatrixalphaunimatrixalpha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    yeah but its progress, 5266MB?? thats a lot of bugs to add :p

It's only a 415MB patch. That is if you turned "Patch on demand" off ingame.

you know I just remembered I did that earlier, then again it was many, many hours ago now :tired_face:
  • tomaswilletomaswille Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    No problem with maintenance. Always know that STO maintenances are always excessive and long and there is nothing we can do about it. If it wasn't for my understanding of game development, I would surely thought them guys are a bunch of amateurs , because they keep messing up things and not able to be ready within ETA. ( 90 percent of the time. )

Yet, the only thing that still bothers me, is that PW is keeping their users at bay by promising all kinds of false stuff. When they say it takes 4 hours, you know they lie. But after 2 times delaying it, they place tweets saying things like: "High possibility that it will be online sooner than the given ETA" and STILL manages to even delay THAT one... Promising a lot of stuff, while not able to deliver, is even worse than having maintenances lasting an entire day, IMHO. This isn't really a promise, but it is a positive manipulation to ease the crowd. Which is not necessary! I could relate with long downtimes. I could not relate with false promises or leeching.
    giphy.gif
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Game patching now about 400 megabytes of new amazing bug- I mean features.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    "It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience."

I hope people get fired over this. getting very angry. I'm hardly going to get to play at all today.

To be fair, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. As someone who works in IT I can tell you that sometimes things don't go well despite your honest intent to be as quick as possible. Without going into too much detail part of my job often includes restoration of services and it's often quite challenging.

I understand you're upset, it sucks if you won't get to play today.. it really does. But hoping people lose their jobs, their lively hood.. without even knowing the situation is really harsh my friend. Speaking as someone who's found themselves on the other side of this before, I can assure you that they want to get things back up just as badly as you want them to get things going.
    Whilst I agree, I will note that they don't help themselves sometimes. I'm not sure if it's still there, but they posted a 'Tier 6 Support Cruiser Now Available!' advert post on FB not too long ago.
    Sorry - but that is pretty incompetent.

It is available, though, you just can't actually log in to buy it yet. A message that was probably set up to post at a specific time before these issues came up is far from incompetent.
    leemwatson wrote: »
    So any word on exactly -why- the maintenance keeps getting extended?

Technical issues. That is all.
    I don't know what I find funnier... the lack of competence in this maintenance or people who honestly think that NOT throwing your money at STO as if it were a coin-op game is some sort of protest. Nobody opened your wallet but you. I mean, what inclined you to open your wallet anyways? Up until this extended maintenance have you been completely oblivious? Or were you too caught up in the gimmicks of the C-Store? Either way, it won't matter. Just look at the player fallout around Delta Rising.

How do you know it's down to 'lack of competence'??? This isn't just STO that's down, it's a number of games service by Arc/PWE.

To quote someone else in this thread... "Then they must just be the unluckiest company ever" Or something to that effect. Also, glad to know you didn't get past the first sentence of my post ;) LLAP

ATM STO is the ONLY PWE game affected by this

No, at the very least the 3 Cryptic games are still down, and probably all of their games.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • modmike1981modmike1981 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Server still down at 22:29 WOW
    anodynes wrote: »
    "It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience."

I hope people get fired over this. getting very angry. I'm hardly going to get to play at all today.

To be fair, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. As someone who works in IT I can tell you that sometimes things don't go well despite your honest intent to be as quick as possible. Without going into too much detail part of my job often includes restoration of services and it's often quite challenging.

I understand you're upset, it sucks if you won't get to play today.. it really does. But hoping people lose their jobs, their lively hood.. without even knowing the situation is really harsh my friend. Speaking as someone who's found themselves on the other side of this before, I can assure you that they want to get things back up just as badly as you want them to get things going.
    Whilst I agree, I will note that they don't help themselves sometimes. I'm not sure if it's still there, but they posted a 'Tier 6 Support Cruiser Now Available!' advert post on FB not too long ago.
    Sorry - but that is pretty incompetent.

It is available, though, you just can't actually log in to buy it yet. A message that was probably set up to post at a specific time before these issues came up is far from incompetent.
    leemwatson wrote: »
    So any word on exactly -why- the maintenance keeps getting extended?

Technical issues. That is all.
    I don't know what I find funnier... the lack of competence in this maintenance or people who honestly think that NOT throwing your money at STO as if it were a coin-op game is some sort of protest. Nobody opened your wallet but you. I mean, what inclined you to open your wallet anyways? Up until this extended maintenance have you been completely oblivious? Or were you too caught up in the gimmicks of the C-Store? Either way, it won't matter. Just look at the player fallout around Delta Rising.

How do you know it's down to 'lack of competence'??? This isn't just STO that's down, it's a number of games service by Arc/PWE.

To quote someone else in this thread... "Then they must just be the unluckiest company ever" Or something to that effect. Also, glad to know you didn't get past the first sentence of my post ;) LLAP

ATM STO is the ONLY PWE game affected by this

No, at the very least the 3 Cryptic games are still down, and probably all of their games.

I cna log into my Neverwinter and Pwe accounts so atm STO is my only confirmed account related to any of this i cant log into atm
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    The login server is up, but not the game servers.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • feld#4914 feld Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Patching for me now at 2:31 PST
  • chaoscloud#1972 chaoscloud Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    THIS. IS. BALLS. :(
  • seffo9991seffo9991 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    server still down frack it im off !!!
    Game patching now about 400 megabytes of new amazing bug- I mean features.
    Hehe :D
This discussion has been closed.