Install Arc
Options

AoY recruit expired?

2»

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    Delta recruits saw a rerun this year, 3 years after the original run. That pretty much guarantees that we'll see a Temporal rerun at some point.

And depending on how lazy Cryptic is, we might see it much sooner with the Age of Discovery season. Considering that TOS Starfleet and Jem'Hadar factions had recruitment events when they come out, then Discovery Starfleet will as well. It will all depend on if it a new impressive recruitment event like TOS Starfleet, a new mediocre recruitment event like Jem'Hadar with the only new items being a new Admiralty card, a new duty officer, and a new secondary specialization trait upgrade, or repeating the TOS Starfleet recruitment event.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I cross my fingers @meimeitoo that they will rerun the event rather soon. :)

The announced Discovery release with it’s new tutorial/way to start the game will likely have to come up with a similar step as the AoY characters to end up in the current 25th century frame. I bet that Cryptic will also rerun this event to get veteran players to go for it instead of just new players.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Come to think of it, with AoD, we probably can't expect the same TOS era (like for AoY), but they'd have to come up with something Discovery-themed; and, with a bit of luck, we'll even get a Discovery bridge out of it (for the Disco ship). :)

Oh I'd love that. :)

Well, they made a special new bridge for ViL. So, who knows?! :)

If you can call it a new bridge. The working conditions on the Jem'Hadar bridge are abysmal if you ask the Chef and Bartender. Serving drinks and cooking food in the hallway is no way to run your mess hall.

It was not just a new bridge, but an entire interior; and, hand to gawd, it looked awesome. :) Very beautiful lighting as well. Now, if only they'd update my 'old' JHSS and such with the same interior (which should require no more than swapping out a silly pointer), then it would be perfect. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When AoY released and for the month+ after while we were in 'Recruit Mode' there were literally dozens of posts and a few Threads that stated that you must make it through the 23rd Century Missions, be transported by Daniels to ESD in 2410 where you needed to get the Transponder from Gray.

I did not follow the posts on the Rerun as I already did the Recruit when it originally released. I assume it was amply pointed out then as well.

The takeaway from ALL these Recruiting Events is, do NOT stop playing the Recruit until you have the device, whatever that may be.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ^^ This thread, much like the AoY event, has pretty much expired, far as I'm concerned. :) I should just ask @baddmoonrizin to close it for me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,333 Community Moderator
    HIi3ZGn.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.