test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AoY recruit expired?

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
So, yeah, I had created an AoY toon when the Event was running. And stopped -- with the purpose of revisting later -- when the game said I was now an official AoY recruit.

So, today I finally left the 23rd century, only to find there was no transponder waiting for me. :( Can't say I like that. And it was a bit misleading for the game to state I had passed the requirements for AoY recruit -- when, in fact, as it now turns out, I had not.
3lsZz0w.jpg

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That would suck. I believe in any recruiting event you have to receive your transponder or else your recruit isn't a recruit.

I feel for you in that you seemed to have been misled.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    you messed up. you not only need to create the toon during the event... you need to finish the intro missions and get into the current time line. Only then do you get the doohicky.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    you messed up. you not only need to create the toon during the event... you need to finish the intro missions and get into the current time line. Only then do you get the doohicky.

Yeah, except that the game told me I was now officially an AoY recruit after I completed the tutorial.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    echatty wrote: »
    That would suck. I believe in any recruiting event you have to receive your transponder or else your recruit isn't a recruit.

I feel for you in that you seemed to have been misled.

Prety sad, yeah. Only reason I stayed in the 23rd century to begin with, was because I was enamored with the beautiful TOS era decor, and wanted to linger some more in it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > tigeraries wrote: »
    >
    > you messed up. you not only need to create the toon during the event... you need to finish the intro missions and get into the current time line. Only then do you get the doohicky.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, except that the game told me I was now officially an AoY recruit after I completed the tutorial.

Incorrect, you only became a Temporal Recruit upon arriving at 25th Centiry ESD and recieving the transponder from the Temporal Agent outside Quinn's office. This was repeatedly stated on NoPPS every day during the event.

AoY Recruit and Temporal Recruit are 2 different things. The latter gave you a tesseract, iirc, the former was needed for the UR Mk XIII drops.

And 2016? I don't think I was active in NoPPS then.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > So, yeah, I had created an AoY toon when the Event was running. And stopped -- with the purpose of revisting later -- when the game said I was now an official AoY recruit.
    >
    > So, today I finally left the 23rd century, only to find there was no transponder waiting for me. :( Can't say I like that. And it was a bit misleading for the game to state I had passed the requirements for AoY recruit -- when, in fact, as it now turns out, I had not.

Hardly misleading, they said it over and over again that you needed to get the transponder from 25th c ESD to qualify.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I hate to say it, but it was stated in multiple places, many, many times during the run of the event, that you had to have the toon reach the 25th century and get the transponder, or you wouldn't be a Temporal Recruit. One of those places was these forums.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Sorry, this happened, but all the recruiting events work this way. You're not an 'official recruit' until you receive the device that you use to monitor your progress toward recruit goals.

Sorry to hear it, I don't blame you for wanting to stay in the 23rd for a bit.. it was a nice change of pace.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    AoY Recruit and Temporal Recruit are 2 different things. The latter gave you a tesseract, iirc, the former was needed for the UR Mk XIII drops.
    There is no such thing as "AoY Recruit." Temporal Agent Recruitment was the event that ran concurrently with the release of the AoY expansion. The Temporal Transponder is the item you needed to get (upon first arriving in the 25th century during the event) for a character to qualify as a Temporal Agent.

The Tesseract Communication Receiver is from the Delta Recruit event.

As with all Recruit events, if you didn't get the event trinket during the event, you're SOL. Better luck next time they rerun it.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Flaming/trolling removed.

ConcreteVagueCobra-size_restricted.gif

Knock it off. — StarSword-C
    Post edited by starswordc on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Flaming/trolling removed.

ConcreteVagueCobra-size_restricted.gif

Knock it off. — StarSword-C
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Sorry, this happened, but all the recruiting events work this way. You're not an 'official recruit' until you receive the device that you use to monitor your progress toward recruit goals.

Sorry to hear it, I don't blame you for wanting to stay in the 23rd for a bit.. it was a nice change of pace.

Yeah, I figured I was screwed. :) Oh well, I didn't invest a lot in my AoY toon (in fact, as good as nothing). And, apart from my new Jem, I've actually never done a Recruit event. My second toon, my Rom, was created outside an Event. Actually, I *did* make a quick Delta Recruit, on the rerun (and I'm pretty sure I got the transponder for it *g*), but never did anything with her either yet. But since I was in a 'collecting Marks for Rep Tier 6' mood anyway, I figured this might have been a good time to revisit my AoY toon a bit.

N.B. When it rains, it pours. I was talking about it in channel, and wondering whether I could take off where I left with my current toon, should they ever revisit the Event. But, as luck would have, today I had just progressed passed the potential 'trigger' point, to get the transponder (the logistics guy at ESD, that refers you to Cpt. Crey, iirc). So, turns out I had moved too late for the Event, and too fast to revisit the trigger point. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    So, yeah, I had created an AoY toon when the Event was running. And stopped -- with the purpose of revisting later -- when the game said I was now an official AoY recruit.

So, today I finally left the 23rd century, only to find there was no transponder waiting for me. :( Can't say I like that. And it was a bit misleading for the game to state I had passed the requirements for AoY recruit -- when, in fact, as it now turns out, I had not.
    Is this bait? Seriously? You have 11,000 posts and probably post here every single day. You have to have seen maybe 100 threads complaining about the exact same thing you're saying here and you're surprised? I mean, really?

Oddly I didn't think of it as bait, more like a "I didn't this would happen to me" letter. ^^
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I cross my fingers @meimeitoo that they will rerun the event rather soon. :)

The announced Discovery release with it’s new tutorial/way to start the game will likely have to come up with a similar step as the AoY characters to end up in the current 25th century frame. I bet that Cryptic will also rerun this event to get veteran players to go for it instead of just new players.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited August 2018
    Response to moderated post redacted. — StarSword-C
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Awesome, thread derailed before page 2!
    edited August 2018

The announced Discovery release with it’s new tutorial/way to start the game will likely have to come up with a similar step as the AoY characters to end up in the current 25th century frame. I bet that Cryptic will also rerun this event to get veteran players to go for it instead of just new players.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Come to think of it, with AoD, we probably can't expect the same TOS era (like for AoY), but they'd have to come up with something Discovery-themed; and, with a bit of luck, we'll even get a Discovery bridge out of it (for the Disco ship). :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Oh my yes, the Origins bridge just feels weird on my Walker, I know I'm supposed to be underneath the saucer.

I'll echo peter and hope for a TR re-run for you meimei, and sorry if I came off rude earlier, I was pressed for time.

Thanks. It's appreciated. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Also crossing my fingers for you that they re-run the AOY event, as well. And can't say I blame you for wanting to hang out in the 23rd century - rather enjoy it myself. Then again, I've always been fond of the general mid century sci-fi look, with saucers, ray guns and so on.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Come to think of it, with AoD, we probably can't expect the same TOS era (like for AoY), but they'd have to come up with something Discovery-themed; and, with a bit of luck, we'll even get a Discovery bridge out of it (for the Disco ship). :)

Oh I'd love that. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    We'll probably get another shot at AoY recruits in the future, we DID get the Delta Recruit a second time this year, soooo.....
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Well, they made a special new bridge for ViL. So, who knows?! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Oh my yes, the Origins bridge just feels weird on my Walker, I know I'm supposed to be underneath the saucer.
    You can change bridges to one without a skylight... It's a normal ship customization thing. At least for most ships. I haven't tried the walker.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jaegersonjaegerson Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Ha! OP you are not alone - something similar happened to me. I still love my Jem though.

wapangel you mentioned "... when they rerun it."

Has this happened in the past? I would love the opportunity to create another recruit.

Delta recruits saw a rerun this year, 3 years after the original run. That pretty much guarantees that we'll see a Temporal rerun at some point.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Delta recruits saw a rerun this year, 3 years after the original run. That pretty much guarantees that we'll see a Temporal rerun at some point.

And depending on how lazy Cryptic is, we might see it much sooner with the Age of Discovery season. Considering that TOS Starfleet and Jem'Hadar factions had recruitment events when they come out, then Discovery Starfleet will as well. It will all depend on if it a new impressive recruitment event like TOS Starfleet, a new mediocre recruitment event like Jem'Hadar with the only new items being a new Admiralty card, a new duty officer, and a new secondary specialization trait upgrade, or repeating the TOS Starfleet recruitment event.

Well, they made a special new bridge for ViL. So, who knows?! :)

If you can call it a new bridge. The working conditions on the Jem'Hadar bridge are abysmal if you ask the Chef and Bartender. Serving drinks and cooking food in the hallway is no way to run your mess hall.
This discussion has been closed.