Hello and welcome to the next Foundry Mission Building Challenge, sponsored by Cryptic and the Foundry Roundtable.
From the date of this post, authors will have 5 weeks to create their missions, after which there will be 3 weeks for the community to play through and cast their vote for the winner. The winner will be determined by a majority vote.
The mission creation deadline is 4 p.m. US Pacific Time, Friday, Sept. 21. The voting deadline is 4 p.m. US Pacific Time, Friday, Oct. 12.
For this Foundry challenge, make a mission for Jem’Hadar or Cardassian player characters.
The plot may be anything you wish, as long as it is geared toward either or both of these playable races.
Please make sure to adhere to the Foundry EULA and the rules below.
Authors must add their mission to the official Mission Thread HERE
including the following information.
The above needs to be filled out completely by the due date/time for your mission to be considered, and your mission must be published in-game at such time to be considered -- unfortunately, any mission that cannot be found in-game by the time the voting starts will be removed from the challenge.
If you are unable to push the "publish" button at this time due to timezones/ work schedules, please wait until the latest possible moment before this day/time. Also, if you need to publish your mission to test things, that is fine too, but please make sure to unpublish after testing is complete.
Rules of the challenge:
- The challenge will run for 8 weeks total, 5 to build the missions and 3 for the community to play and vote. If there is any unscheduled lengthy downtime during the challenge, the deadlines will be extended by the appropriate time.
- There are no right or wrong stories to tell, as long as the mission is geared toward Jem’Hadar or Cardassian player characters..
- Missions should take 30-45 minutes for a player to complete, in order to make sure players can play through all the missions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Once the mission is published, it should not be withdrawn, even temporarily. The only exception to this would be if for some reason players are saying they can't complete it and you need to fix something so they can. If you find spelling mistakes, feel free to fix them only after the competition ends. In general, we want all the voters to be considering the same version of your mission.
- Voting: when the 5-week build period ends, a voting thread will be posted with the information on all submitted missions. When you have played through the missions and selected your favorite, send a forum PM, in-game mail or Twitter DM to @drogyn1701. This will serve as your official vote. Limit 1 vote per person.
- In the event of a tie, @duncanidaho11’s cat has been chosen as the impartial tie-breaking judge.
- You may leave a review on each mission you play if you wish, but it is not required.
A few other important reminders:
- Please heed the Foundry's EULA when submitting your entry! This applies to any mission made in the foundry. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
- Each author may only have one entry, no matter how many accounts they have.
- We'll have three threads: One to discuss the entries (this one), one to submit entries, and one with the official entries list for voting that will be posted when the building deadline arrives.