test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should boffs be allowed to wear off duty outfits?

124»

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Yes (all boffs to wear off duty outfits)
    just discovered that my boffs can't wear the rep temporal armor :( only the helmet is available
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    There should be no arbitrary limitations or subcatagories of armors and outfits, period. None for BoFFs either.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • jaegersonjaegerson Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    No (do NOT allow boffs to wear off duty outfits)
    Mhh. In principle I don't care much, but I don't spend any time dressing up my boffs.

Given the issues with player uniforms and outfits, I'd prefer if they fixed that above enabling vanity choices for boffs.

• conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    I'm all for space barbie with boffs. I'm itching to put my crew in Aloha shirts for that McHale's Navy experience! ♥

~glares at the forum langolears as she adds additional thoughts ...~

Heck, G.I. Joe's characters had them wearing all sorts of things on their action figure's uniforms. Baseball and football jerseys ... heck, I think one bloke even had a full blown baseball uniform! And an aloha shirt on Chuckles, Bazooka's football jersey. Heck, Quick Kick ran around without a shirt! Anywho, if the casual approach is good enough for G.I. Joe, then by golly, it's good enough for STO boffs! Besides, all things considered, shouldn't our crews be an elite force of sorts anyway?

;) Yo Joe!
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I know there are probably pros and cons on both sides, so I'm curious to see what the community thinks.

Yes...indeed. Willing to spend money as well.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • revan#6161 revan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Is there anyway we can do a petition or something on this topic, I feel like the only way we could ever get this fixed is if we pretty much hound the devs. Isn’t nice but they don’t seem to have any drive to even listen to our side of the argument
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    revan#6161 wrote: »
    Is there anyway we can do a petition or something on this topic, I feel like the only way we could ever get this fixed is if we pretty much hound the devs. Isn’t nice but they don’t seem to have any drive to even listen to our side of the argument

Cryptic's management and CBS decides what to allow in the game, not developers.

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I'm all for space barbie with boffs. I'm itching to put my crew in Aloha shirts for that McHale's Navy experience! ♥

~glares at the forum langolears as she adds additional thoughts ...~

Heck, G.I. Joe's characters had them wearing all sorts of things on their action figure's uniforms. Baseball and football jerseys ... heck, I think one bloke even had a full blown baseball uniform! And an aloha shirt on Chuckles, Bazooka's football jersey. Heck, Quick Kick ran around without a shirt! Anywho, if the casual approach is good enough for G.I. Joe, then by golly, it's good enough for STO boffs! Besides, all things considered, shouldn't our crews be an elite force of sorts anyway?

boy did you just give away your age
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator

Petitions are against forum rules.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    If I can have a team of bikini clad gun toting women...OMG!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2018

You can already come pretty close, even without going Orion.

Mirror-universe shorts outfits is one option (with either modern-era midriff tops or TOS-era sports bras). TOS miniskirt + Exo III top is pretty silly as well. Or you can go the catsuit approach and put them in the 7of9 outfit with, say, the Herald Thrall torso strap/monokini thing over it.

And yes, all of those are "Uniforms". :D

(My AoD character, when told to hit the tailor to make sure her uniform fit in better than the old-fashioned thing she had on.... ended up in a criss-cross halter top, Formal Skirt & high heels, and light blue tights. With her away team in TOS split skirts, TNG Season 1 shirts, and TOS go-go boots. Her hair had already been that one-side-shaved/long-n-frizzy look in blue & white. Her starting ship was the USS Travesty. o:) )
  • revan#6161 revan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2018

kiralyn wrote: »

Mirror-universe shorts outfits is one option (with either modern-era midriff tops or TOS-era sports bras). TOS miniskirt + Exo III top is pretty silly as well. Or you can go the catsuit approach and put them in the 7of9 outfit with, say, the Herald Thrall torso strap/monokini thing over it.

(My AoD character, when told to hit the tailor to make sure her uniform fit in better than the old-fashioned thing she had on.... ended up in a criss-cross halter top, Formal Skirt & high heels, and light blue tights. With her away team in TOS split skirts, TNG Season 1 shirts, and TOS go-go boots. Her hair had already been that one-side-shaved/long-n-frizzy look in blue & white. Her starting ship was the USS Travesty. o:) )

Thanks for letting me know guys, stopped me from ranting at the devs just doing their jobs and stops me for being banned as a idiot who didn’t read the rules. I’m giving up anyhow, the time this game has been out for, if it was going to be changed, it would of been, I’ll just stay happy with what I’ve got.

And yeah, between Orions, Mirror uniforms, the EXO outfit and random pieces of other outfits do let you get quite “Risky”. Prob the main reason behind blocking bikinis and such. I don’t care about those though. I’d at least like Off duty, Lobi store, C-Store and rep armours to at least be unrestricted, especially because of the time, effort and sometimes money that goes into getting them. I can understand because it’s Star Trek the whole uniforms only debacle, but it’s a MMO, just let us escape reality and make characters we want to make, however we want to in the outfit department
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2018

kiralyn wrote: »

Thanks for letting me know guys, stopped me from ranting at the devs just doing their jobs and stops me for being banned as a idiot who didn’t read the rules. I’m giving up anyhow, the time this game has been out for, if it was going to be changed, it would of been, I’ll just stay happy with what I’ve got.

And yeah, between Orions, Mirror uniforms, the EXO outfit and random pieces of other outfits do let you get quite “Risky”. Prob the main reason behind blocking bikinis and such. I don’t care about those though. I’d at least like Off duty, Lobi store, C-Store and rep armours to at least be unrestricted, especially because of the time, effort and sometimes money that goes into getting them. I can understand because it’s Star Trek the whole uniforms only debacle, but it’s a MMO, just let us escape reality and make characters we want to make, however we want to in the outfit department
    Thing is, the "bikinis and such" are NOT blocked. Player Characters can wear them. There is absolutely no logical reason whatsoever to block boffs from wearing the same clothes players wear. Anywhere you can see someone's boff, you can see the player, too.