test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More ground weapons and tr 116 a for all players

vlancedraculaiv#4106 vlancedraculaiv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
We have seen a large variety of promo ships t6 ships and space weapons, why not add some promo ground gear or bring back the tr 116 a or improved tr ? When we play sto we often ignore ground but the truth is that ground gameplay is just as important. I would personaly like to see more ground content aswell as the return of past exclusive gear and weapons. If you also want to see more ground content please share your thoughts here.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The TR116 went somewhere? It was still a craftable weapon prior to todays patch & downtime.

As for ground maps, I'd be fine with that if they took the time to make them in such a way that took into account the idiotic behaviour of the boffs or did more thorough testing to avoid umpteen enemies spawning inside walls or under floors.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The Tr116 is ubiquitous. Literally anyone can already have it since it's under a million EC on the exchange. Also, you'll never find anyone that loves ground more than me but I'll tell you right now, ground doesn't sell.

Someone said it best once and I can't take credit for it.

"Cryptic doesn't sell ground ships."
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    The throwing knife from that Ferengi episode is so OP (and free, you don't even have to upgrade it to have a powerful weapon) that it is a much better alternative to the TR rifle anyway.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The Tr116 is ubiquitous. Literally anyone can already have it since it's under a million EC on the exchange. Also, you'll never find anyone that loves ground more than me but I'll tell you right now, ground doesn't sell.

Someone said it best once and I can't take credit for it.

"Cryptic doesn't sell ground ships."
    Question is, why not?
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    What came first... the chicken or the egg?
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    What came first... the chicken or the egg?

The Progenitors :3
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    The throwing knife from that Ferengi episode is so OP (and free, you don't even have to upgrade it to have a powerful weapon) that it is a much better alternative to the TR rifle anyway.

I have both at Mk XV gold and they trash the bad guys like crazy.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • onetontoadonetontoad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Like ground just as much as space in some ways more cos it can be a lot more challeging. Ground should achually offer more marks than space cos some of it is more difficult and requires teamwork.
    mc7SA5g.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I suck at ground and wouldn't inflict myself onto any team lol.

And I saw where the OP was referring to the TR-116A and not the B model. I've never had one of the As, but I have crafted several Bs.

Haven't tried the throwing knives yet. I prefer to shoot people, not stick them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Would like the 116a to come back.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited July 2018
    @postagepaid @salazarraze read the title again.
    OP is talking about TR-116a, not the crafted TR-116b.
    Interesting. I looked it up and it's basically an inferior version of the Tr116b unless I'm missing something? The line "does not require line of sight" seems interesting but I assume it's ultimately pointless. It seems like people should get the B version instead.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Note: it's only the secondary fire.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @salazarraze said:
    > tunebreaker wrote: »
    >
    > @postagepaid @salazarraze read the title again.
    > OP is talking about TR-116a, not the crafted TR-116b.
    >
    >
    >
    > Interesting. I looked it up and it's basically an inferior version of the Tr116b unless I'm missing something? The line "does not require line of sight" seems interesting but I assume it's ultimately pointless. It seems like people should get the B version instead.

It means shooting at people on the other side of walls, like the rifle did on the show.

Seems like it is pointless then. So I have to target my enemy, which usually involves getting line of sight on them. Then I have to both get in range and then get out of line of sight for the cool effect to happen? At which point it's only 20% shield penetration instead of 100%? Meh.
    > @salazarraze said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Interesting. I looked it up and it's basically an inferior version of the Tr116b unless I'm missing something? The line "does not require line of sight" seems interesting but I assume it's ultimately pointless. It seems like people should get the B version instead.

It means shooting at people on the other side of walls, like the rifle did on the show.

Seems like it is pointless then. So I have to target my enemy, which usually involves getting line of sight on them. Then I have to both get in range and then get out of line of sight for the cool effect to happen? At which point it's only 20% shield penetration instead of 100%? Meh.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    So it would be useful if a targeted player was trying to duck out of line of sight on a PvP map. The enemies in PvE aren't smart enough to try it.

I have no idea how much of a market there is for ground PvP. I've done it one time, it was the daily Endeavour, and I gave up after one match because the other guys had the Risa lava kit modules and my team didn't. A rifle that no one lived long enough to use wouldn't have made a difference.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    > @salazarraze said:
    >
    >

You can target things using the map. but the damage of a mk1 weapon is too low to matter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.