test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIL] Can't claim sponsorship token for Vanguard Jem'hadar Answer

darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
Seen a few threads popping up on this again and putting this in here for everyone's convenience. Recently there have been threads asking why folks can't claim sponsorships on their Jem'hadar Vanguards.

The reason folks can't claim sponsorships in anything but Gamma Task Force is because all other reputations besides Gamma Task Force come pre-sponsored on Jem'hadar Vanguards. This means the only reputation a Jem'hadar Vanguard would potentially need to get sponsored would be the Gamma Task Force reputation itself. This is one of the perks of being a Vanguard Jem'hadar allowing them a jumpstart on their careers.

(reserved for quotation)

Original Jem'hadar character article: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10899073-play-as-a-jem'hadar-in-victory-is-life!
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator

Comments

• megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Jem'Hadar toons can't create Omega, Nukara, or Iconian sponsorship tokens. Is that a bug, or is that normal?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I believe that is intended.

They cannot create sponsorship tokens in reputations that they received for free. They can create them in reputations that they gained normally. This is to prevent you from creating a Jem, making an Omega Token, passing it on to a new character and then deleting the Jem.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Wait what?

I created a full set of tolkens (including the ones mentioned / the ones the system maxed for me) just 2 days ago????
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited July 2018
    anazonda wrote: »
    Wait what?

I created a full set of tolkens (including the ones mentioned / the ones the system maxed for me) just 2 days ago????

If you make a non Vanguard then you can. Vanguards start with a certain number of reputations at max level from the start. They cannot create tokens for those specific reputations. They might be able to do it after 20hrs, I am not entirely sure.

If you leveled up those reputations yourself, you can make tokens for them as soon as you reach Tier 5.
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I also noticed that the Vanguard Jem'Hadar cannot accept Sponsorships either.
    I also noticed that the Vanguard Jem'Hadar cannot accept Sponsorships either.

Because they are already sponsored in every rep except Gamma.
This discussion has been closed.