test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Home": graphic problem with glow-effects

czuryloczurylo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
There is one more problem with the gamma mission "home". At least with me. A graphic problem. Each time I play and finish the mission, the graphics are broken in parts, in the special case the glow effect is suddenly gone, e.g. at mission goals / objects / terminals or also e.g. at mailboxes, bank terminals, exchange, etc. This yellow glitter effect is no longer visible. In the main menu e.g. is always such a gloss effect around the player character; which is also then no longer visible, as well as numerous other minor effects. As I said, this happens to me ONLY after the mission "home"; all other Gamma-Quadrant missions are working fine.

Answers

• ericrwilsonericrwilson Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I noticed this as well. Makes Dilithium mining at fleet mine a little more annoying as there are so many Crystal's everywhere it gets hard to pinpoint which ones to mine.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    From what I've noticed, the bug seems to start at some point at or right before the ending where you have to talk to everyone, and it will affect all of the toons on the account. It's a bit of a pain, but logging out then back into the game seems to fix it.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    On the launcher under options there is now a check box for use 32 bit client. Try using that to see if that clears things up for you. I was having an issue with the rewards from Home. After slotting them on my ship torp graphics vanished but using the 32 bit client option fixed that. I also found that using that option, playing a mission exiting the game. turning off the 32 bit client option and continue playing I no longer had torp graphics issues. Not saying that would work for you but give the 32 bit client option a try to see if that resolves anything for you.
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • czuryloczurylo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hi eazzie, at my launcher there is no option available to change something to 32 bit. I use the Steam-Version of the game, maybe thats the reason my launcher don't have it?

@unclegoldie Maybe, not sure where exactly it starts. Sometimes i think perhaps it is caused by this "special effects" (Sonic Weapons) of the bigger Hurqs. The problem is still there. I have to shut down the game completely and restart, so that everything runs again.