test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Switching to a New Ship causes Headaches

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
When switching to a new ship, basic 'powers' like Evasive Action and Ramming Speed, Specialty 'powers' captains get as they level up (Eng, Sci, Tac), and the Reputation Active Traits are dropped. The only way to ensure that the powers are placed back on the power trays is to get into space and scroll through the powers UI to drag the powers back onto the trey.

Which is a pain in the stern when you use the UI to go to a Space-based Red Alerts (and others like Swarm), esp. with little to no time-outs for briefings to restock the Powers Tray.

This issue cropped up with the Equipment transfer feature was 'fixed'.

Another problem that occurred with the Equipment Transfer feature was 'fixed' is weapons, equipment and consoles would randomly switch to the inventory when switching maps (such as going into Red Alerts, switching to sector space, etc.). Not optimal when you aren't allowed to 'change' weapons while in combat, or even when there's a cool-down timer and you need to use the system dropped console.

I don't know if I'm the only one with this recurring issue, but I thought I should bring it up.

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Trading ships is a PITA, anyways. I never do that on the fly and why I don't use very many ships at all.
    And when I do switch ships...I go up to system space outside a social zone to make sure everything is set up.

No, you are not the only one seeing stuff end up in inventory for no reason.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    adolfo#9890 adolfo Member Posts: 1 New User
    yeah, I am not at all convinced that the equipment end was fixed, as it is still doing it, on my account