Install Arc
Options

Social hub on Ferenginar ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    No
    With all the DS9 celebrations we need a real social hub on Ferenginar !

A social zone where everyone can go, with the tower of commerce, the grand nagus's palace, bank, some houses, shops, tailor and a shipyard... but with a big advantage for ferengi captain, a Transwarp to Ferenginar's Orbit

I'd love to see Ferenginar, but I'd really only be interested if it were an adventure zone. I wonder if a non-combat adventure zone is feasible. Maybe pickup & deliver mechanics, with fluctuating prices and scores based on the amount of profit you made?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Personally I'd rather have one for Cardassia.

Cardassia would suffer from the same problem as Bajor. Too close to DS9 to be an effective social hub.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    No
    I don't care, Cardassia is much more interesting to me than Bajor. Cardassians have gotten the shaft in a number of ways despite getting a few things of theirs in the game finally.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    No
    no. there is no point to another unused social hub
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Yes
    valoreah wrote: »
    I'd prefer Sigma Iotia II

Oh the possibilities on that planet. Throw in a lot of side quests and a gangster adventure zone. Make this happen Val.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Yes
    darakoss wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    I'd prefer Sigma Iotia II

Oh the possibilities on that planet. Throw in a lot of side quests and a gangster adventure zone. Make this happen Val.

Ok. Now that would be groovy!

Overall, I think it would be nice if a lot of the major planets, such as Ferenginar, Cardassia, and so on each had li'l hang out places for mini games, hubs for all the assorted amenities such as exchange, shipyard and so on.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I have a totally different take on this. We need reasons to use social zones, whether Ferenginar, or Defera, or DS9, or Ganalda, or K-7, or the fed starbase in romulan turf.

one of the major problems with requesting those zones, is that it's broken down to basically one of three;

New Romulus Command, ESD, or Qo'noS.

now while we do use Ganalda and DS9 and Drozana for alternates, a whole lot of social zones go essentially unused aside from specific missions tied to them, and fleets rarely make use of their holdings as social areas, more often just stopping to use the store.

so the question I have is...

what's it for?
    somebody suggested that we can run recruitment missions on them... that would be a reason to sue them. boff missions where we would have a chance to get boff/doffs
    feringar would be good shopping centre so i guess people could use that...
    so its yes if it would be alive but first make other zones alive.
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    No
    We already have Drozana.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Yes
    One interesting aspect of having a social hub on Ferenginar is all the Ferengi going, "A clothed female!" as they near faint from the encounter. It would be an interesting commentary on how long social changes take even though Rom and his mother are in positions where they can institute those changes.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    No
    no, but 2 or 3 missions on ferenginar would be cool if we can play as Quark or Rom.
  • Options
    I don't think it was Geko's "Pet Project" either.
    • DS9 has been showing its age. A DS9 themed expansion is the perfect time to revamp the station.
    • Tacofangs had been drooling over the chance to redo DS9.
    • Players had been asking for a DS9 revamp for quite a while.

So no... Not a "Pet Project".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Yes
    I have GPL burning a hole in my cargo bay. Emotes, costumes, and bribing Ferengi on their home world would be a good way to spend it.
  • Options
    I have GPL burning a hole in my cargo bay. Emotes, costumes, and bribing Ferengi on their home world would be a good way to spend it.

Could be a good way to revamp the GPL store too...
    We get a TON of it and nothing to spend it on.
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Yes
    yes, We have to spent our latinum somewhere?