miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
Change my mind.

Comments

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    miirik wrote: »
    Change my mind.

he lost.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    There are still Bajorans polluting the galaxy with their smarmy, arrogant religious nonsense. That is unforgivable.

The irony of your sig amuses me.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Not game related. Moved to Ten Forward.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    miirik wrote: »
    Change my mind.

on what specifically and why should i?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    15577124.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Dukat did nothing that couldn't be fixed by flinging him into the fire pits of Bajor. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Depends on if the universe is deterministic or not. If free will exists, then people are responsible for their own actions, good or evil. If the universe is deterministic, then people are not responsible for their own actions. Therefore, the universe is responsible for any actions that Dukat committed.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > For the simple minded OP the only way you can say Dukat did nothing wrong is if you think Hitler did nothing wrong, and if you think that you belong in prison.

Anyone who believes Hitler did nothing wrong is ignorant and fool, but they don't belong in prison for just thinking or even saying that, imprisoning people for wrong thought is not morally justifiable, educating them is.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    starkaos wrote: »
    Depends on if the universe is deterministic or not. If free will exists, then people are responsible for their own actions, good or evil. If the universe is deterministic, then people are not responsible for their own actions. Therefore, the universe is responsible for any actions that Dukat committed.

I'll have to quote this next time to a MOD when they catches me doing something the universe made me do.

Go for it.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @azrael605 said:
    > For the simple minded OP the only way you can say Dukat did nothing wrong is if you think Hitler did nothing wrong, and if you think that you belong in prison.

Anyone who believes Hitler did nothing wrong is ignorant and fool, but they don't belong in prison for just thinking or even saying that, imprisoning people for wrong thought is not morally justifiable, educating them is.

It just shows that George Orwell was 35 years too early with his prediction.

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Agreed he was a great man, and was doing what he did to make Cardassia great again ...more then what the Federation did, and has done since.

Hey StarFleet how releasing the female changeling who massacred millions Cardassians go?

Oh what she wiped out entire civilizations since you released her for that old space station?

*slow clap*

Worst Deal ever

Dukat may have sided with the Dominion but he didn't make the dumbest trade in history

I know deals, it's an art for me
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Dukat was insane, enslaving an entire race is not to be condoned in any way
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      edited July 2018
      Dukat was insane, enslaving an entire race is not to be condoned in any way

He didn't enslave them they were already slaves, and treated them better then others have
      GwaoHAD.png
    • Options
      Bajor was a peaceful world, the Bajorans had a vibrant culture and beautiful planet. What gives the Cardassians the right to force the Bajorans to strip their own world?
      The answer is easy, no right at all.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        edited July 2018
        Bajor was a peaceful world, the Bajorans had a vibrant culture and beautiful planet. What gives the Cardassians the right to force the Bajorans to strip their own world?
        The answer is easy, no right at all.

We are talking about Dukat, any issues with the government start another tread

But on another note Bajor let the great Cardassian empire in with open arms, we did not invade them, we were welcomed with open arms, and help them
        GwaoHAD.png
      • Options
        edited July 2018
        Millions died due to Dukat, while Dukat can seem reasonable on the surface, underneath he was a monster fed by his own ego and ambitions. I suggest you rewatch the DS9 episode Waltz and then come back.

Dukat was working the Cardassian government and so shares their guilt over Bajor.
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          Might does not mean right, the Cardassians had to learn that lesson the hard way.
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            neoakiraii wrote: »
            Hey StarFleet how releasing the female changeling who massacred millions Cardassians go?

Oh what she wiped out entire civilizations since you released her for that old space station?

*slow clap*

Worst Deal ever

The Federation is not at fault. How could they have known? ESPECIALLY considering the secret she kept for 2000 years from HER OWN PEOPLE.
            db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
            I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
            The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
          • Options
            edited July 2018
            Millions died due to Dukat, while Dukat can seem reasonable on the surface, underneath he was a monster fed by his own ego and ambitions. I suggest you rewatch the DS9 episode Waltz and then come back.

Dukat was working the Cardassian government and so shares their guilt over Bajor.

Dukat was fair

for one Cardassian officer killed one bajoran was killed

People speak of his ego.....but it was HE who was willing to face the Klingons alone , he was willing to sacrifice his position for his daughter
            GwaoHAD.png
          • Options
            Power alone means nothing without Courage and Wisdom.
            Kinda my take on the Triforce from Legend of Zelda, and seems to apply to other things as well.
          • Options
            You repress and abuse a people to the point they get angry, they will fight back and fight back they did. Irony is the Cardassians ended up having to ask a Bajoran for help in kicking out the Dominion as the Dominion started treating them like the Cardassians treated the peoples they occupied and oppressed.
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options
              coldnapalm wrote: »
              Because somebody who casually commits genocide has had experience with genocide before. Unless you are a true pychopath of the highest order, you don't casually order genocides without experience. In EITHER case, she should not even be alive...much less see the light of day ever again. There are evils in the world that just needs to cease to exist.

Well... safe to say poetic justic was served though. She fell to the vary secret she kept for 2000 years. So I guess that particular thing went full circle, and really isn't an issue anymore.