test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cant Complete Home

masterkampmasterkamp Member Posts: 89 Arc User
I cant complete home, after the final room, there is a enemy stuck in the ground. I can't shoot at it. I beam out of the mission and in. But the same problem happens.

Comments

• Options
    madslater12madslater12 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    me too i can not kill the last enemy when its stuck in the floor
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Can confirm, happened to me too. Last enemy stuck in the floor somewhere and cannot be killed.

2 other fleetmates had the exact same bug.

Edit: found that dropping a quantum mortar will allow a stuck enemy in that mission to be killed. So maybe carry one when you start, even if just on a boff.
    Post edited by lordsteve1 on
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    go back to where you came in and go investigate the door that does not open, once you do that you should be clear, i know i was.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I just had the same problem, "investigating" the door that does not open did nothing. The three enemy behind the door can't be targeted at all, not even a Quantam mortar will hit them.

Finally I beamed back to the ship, and then continued, which puts you right at the beginning of this part, fought my way through the ship yet again, I made one change this time. Every time I have played this mission, other than the one that wouldn't complete, I moved right on in to the last room to fight. The time it wouldn't continue I moved just close enough to open the door and then let them come to me, the door/hallway makes a great choke point for my BoFFs turrets and my own cold fusion flash and exothermic field, they dropped like the oversized insects they are, and with no enemies remaining it still says to clear the control room. No red dots on the map, no enemies stuck in the floor, everything dead but it still wouldn't clear that objective.

So, the change I made was that when I got to the last room this time, I charged right on in and fought from inside the room like I had every other time I played this mission, enemies died, objective cleared, time to Update Dr. Bashir.

There are a few missions where killing the enemies before actually actually entering a room causes it to hang, Ragnarok is one and I can't remember the others off the top of my head. There is a good chance that this one might be the same. If I remember and have time the next time I run it, I'll test it by staying in the hallway again and see if it refuses to progress, hopefully, instead, others that have had problems will chime in and let us all know if they also cleared the room before actually entering, as possibly deliberately having to repeat that portion of the mission just to test it is not really an appealing thought.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Update:

I went in with a different toon and gave it a go, paying close attention to everything.

When you reach the last room (Control room), if you remain in the hallway, your objective remains at "Find the Control Room", however, the doors will open and you can remain right there, merrily blasting Hurq to smithereens until the last of them dies. Then, when you actually enter the room, your objective changes to "Clear the Control Room", however, with all the Hurq already dead, the trigger the code is looking for never happens, and you are now stuck, with no option but to beam out and repeat.

If you actually enter the room so the objective changes to "Clear the Control Room" and then kill them all, the mission will progress just fine. I am NOT ambitious enough to go back and run it yet again to test how many you can kill before actually entering the room without causing it to hang, however I do know that on previous runs I have started killing them as soon as the door was open and they were in range (before actually entering the room) and never had a problem. It was only tonight, when I killed them all before ever entering the room that the mission would not complete.

Two different toons, both having the exact same thing happen is enough to convince me that it will happen to anyone who does the same thing.

So, make sure you enter the room so your objective changes from "Find the Control Room" to "Clear the Control Room" before killing all the Hurq or the mission will not complete and you will have to repeat it.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png